Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Best quote yet on politicians its always the leader class running when have we ever had a workin class guy run latley i can't remember...CAREER politicians are only in it for themselves not the people they are supposed to represent and i'll never change my opinion on that...
I think you're right for the most part. My take on it is that I believe some politicians start out thinking they are going to change things or be different. But, in the end, they can't get party support to get re-elected unless they "play the game" and therefore end up just like all the rest of them.
I'll also add that unfortunately, big business, rich political donors and other special interest groups all play a part in twisting the system to their own benefit. In most cases what benefits those groups does not benefit the average Canadian nearly as much if at all.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
I think you're right for the most part. My take on it is that I believe some politicians start out thinking they are going to change things or be different. But, in the end, they can't get party support to get re-elected unless they "play the game" and therefore end up just like all the rest of them.
I'll also add that unfortunately, big business, rich political donors and other special interest groups all play a part in twisting the system to their own benefit. In most cases what benefits those groups does not benefit the average Canadian nearly as much if at all.
Nailed it and I got that right from a MP that did 4 terms

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Tony M- more so in the past, today it’s all about the money and prestige, look at all the younger people in politics now.
Pretty hard for a farmer or average type person to get elected in today’s world. Those that vote all seem to think a person has to be a doctor or lawyer or at least have a PHD to be . qualified. That or a “pretty boy”.

Reactions: 682bubba

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tony M- more so in the past, today it’s all about the money and prestige, look at all the younger people in politics now.
Pretty hard for a farmer or average type person to get elected in today’s world. Those that vote all seem to think a person has to be a doctor or lawyer or at least have a PHD to be . qualified. That or a “pretty boy”.
Sad but true!! That's why the Liberals ever had anything to do with Justin IMO.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
I see the liberal lovers on here down playing P.P.’s win. Fear perhaps!
I just cannot grasp where you guys see FEAR other than wishful thinking . Justin fears nothing and why should he if one looks at what he has done and got away with
Pierre's support in the ridings that matter and form governments is terrible and the liberals know that just look at the 905 area alone. Out west means nothing in the big picture and this big 68% win for leader ask them the percentages per province and one will see. I think I read 43% from the western provinces

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Most politicians are full of empty promises. They are in it for their own financial gain. When you have people like Biden and Trudeau laundering money through Ukraine, it becomes criminal... but how do you prove it ?? They have the RCMP, and lately, the FBI wrapped around their fingers. Trudeau with the WE scandal is a prime example. Trying to find a way to fill their pockets and those of their families, without getting caught. Pierre will probably be no different... but regardless ... we need a change and we need it fast.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I don't weigh into politics too much but surprisingly PP has a lot of support in all of Ontario which matters, he is an Ottawa MP after all. A lot of this support is from younger Canadians who feel left behind by Trudeau. Young people are fed up with inflation and not being able to buy a house. Liberals haven't done anything with housing and it's gotten worse since Trudeau has been in office and younger people are taking notice. Sure Trudeau can virtue signal, give money to LGBT groups and gender studies but he is only pandering to a small vocal minority. People care about affording food and having a house, all that other virtue signalling junk is an after thought. Liberals are failing and their small gestures with affordability solutions are not making a difference. From what I have been reading there is a craving for change they think PP will do something, or something different to help them and its better than what Trudeau is offering which is nothing and they are willing to at least give it a try. Also PP would destroy "ah ah ah ah" Trudeau in any debate. So to sum it up there is a lot of excitement around PP it will be interesting to see what happens too bad there isn't an election on the horizon since the Trudeau/Jughead agreement.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Most politicians are full of empty promises. They are in it for their own financial gain. When you have people like Biden and Trudeau laundering money through Ukraine, it becomes criminal... but how do you prove it ?? They have the RCMP, and lately, the FBI wrapped around their fingers. Trudeau with the WE scandal is a prime example. Trying to find a way to fill their pockets and those of their families, without getting caught. Pierre will probably be no different... but regardless ... we need a change and we need it fast.
Weres the proof on the money laundering and don't say fox news , rebel news or some source from the web which is probally a rusian hacker . This war cost alot of lives so if theres concrete proof lets see your legitimate sources Buckmark.What i've seen so far is a land and resource hungry aggressor go after a resource filled country under a the false flag of neo nazism to try and seize and destroy it in a weekend. The ukraine is the bread basket and manufacturing hub of eastern europe thats why putin went in ,that an that large natural gas deposit that was found there.
So untill i see real proof on money laundering i ain't believing the internet bs i would hope you at least try to do a giggle search on your sources to see if there real....Anyway i guess i'm callin ya out on your sources...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Still way too early to discuss it in my opinion. Trudeau has another 3 years, thanks to the both morally and financially bankrupt NDP. Still lots of time for him to primp, pose and promise money to people in exchange for votes. You can't rule out the short term memory of many Canadians and the idiocy of the ones who still love and defend him. They'll still cast a vote for him!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Weres the proof on the money laundering and don't say fox news , rebel news or some source from the web which is probally a rusian hacker . This war cost alot of lives so if theres concrete proof lets see your legitimate sources Buckmark.What i've seen so far is a land and resource hungry aggressor go after a resource filled country under a the false flag of neo nazism to try and seize and destroy it in a weekend. The ukraine is the bread basket and manufacturing hub of eastern europe thats why putin went in ,that an that large natural gas deposit that was found there.
So untill i see real proof on money laundering i ain't believing the internet bs i would hope you at least try to do a giggle search on your sources to see if there real....Anyway i guess i'm callin ya out on your sources...
I do not believe any money laundering on the part of western politicians is going on in Ukraine. All the money is going up in blasts when Russian and Ukrainian equipment is destroyed. Some defence contractors will have a couple very, very good fiscal years out if the conflict though!!!!

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Still way too early to discuss it in my opinion. Trudeau has another 3 years, thanks to the both morally and financially bankrupt NDP. Still lots of time for him to primp, pose and promise money to people in exchange for votes. You can't rule out the short term memory of many Canadians and the idiocy of the ones who still love and defend him. They'll still cast a vote for him!
You are 100% right just wait until justin keeps his promise to the NDP and introduces that 5 billion dollar dental plan for sr's and kids
Yep that will secure a lot of votes and more like that to come

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You are 100% right just wait until justin keeps his promise to the NDP and introduces that 5 billion dollar dental plan for sr's and kids
Yep that will secure a lot of votes and more like that to come
Well the greasy part of the dental plan is they are cutting people a cheque for $600 or whatever, no need to spend it on dental care for your kid, some terrible parents will blow it on smokes, liquor and scratch offs and their kids will still have bad teeth. The kicker is a lot of provinces already cover dental care for kids including NS, you could drive a dump truck through this ill thought out plan from the Libs to appease the NDP support and to buy votes. My guess is that come tax time that $600 will be taxable income or something like that kind of like CERB ended up being.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
$600 a year for dental is laughable, what’s that one cleaning and one filling

·
Registered
860 Posts
I do not believe any money laundering on the part of western politicians is going on in Ukraine. All the money is going up in blasts when Russian and Ukrainian equipment is destroyed. Some defence contractors will have a couple very, very good fiscal years out if the conflict though!!!!
That sums up every war thats ever been fought the weapon makers always win no matter which side wins or loses.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Mistake no. 1 :(
OTTAWA -
Pierre Poilievre is tapping one of his predecessors to serve as his chief lieutenant in the House of Commons, as the newly minted Conservative leader prepares his party for next week's return of Parliament.

Former party leader Andrew Scheer will serve as Opposition House leader, one of nine key appointments announced today as Poilievre unveiled his new leadership team.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mistake no. 1 :(
OTTAWA -
Pierre Poilievre is tapping one of his predecessors to serve as his chief lieutenant in the House of Commons, as the newly minted Conservative leader prepares his party for next week's return of Parliament.

Former party leader Andrew Scheer will serve as Opposition House leader, one of nine key appointments announced today as Poilievre unveiled his new leadership team.
I agree. Why go with a proven loser? Surely there is someone else without so much baggage!
I totally get consulting with all previous PC leaders behind the scenes but not out in the open.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts