Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thinking of you this morning Thunderstick and your comments about trying to sell those levers

Yep get a call yesterday from a guy friend of a friend he says hoping I can help him out . He needed a pound of powder which he cannot get anywhere no one has stock

Said I think I have extra of that and will check

Well dug though the crap to get to the storage bin and sure enough had it

Just called him and said yes I have a pound for you. How much . Well Ross sells it for 64.99 and tax so give me 70 bucks and we are good

Then I get you are f'n crazy I won't pay that for a pound of powder well guess what keep looking since mine is now not for sale

Unreal IMO and funny he didnot offer me a wheel barrel for it :(

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Thinking of you this morning Thunderstick and your comments about trying to sell those levers

Yep get a call yesterday from a guy friend of a friend he says hoping I can help him out . He needed a pound of powder which he cannot get anywhere no one has stock

Said I think I have extra of that and will check

Well dug though the crap to get to the storage bin and sure enough had it

Just called him and said yes I have a pound for you. How much . Well Ross sells it for 64.99 and tax so give me 70 bucks and we are good

Then I get you are f'n crazy I won't pay that for a pound of powder well guess what keep looking since mine is now not for sale

Unreal IMO and funny he didnot offer me a wheel barrel for it
sad.png
There are so many adds on GP of people now looking for stuff when there are plenty adds for sale. They are listing want adds hoping someone will give stuff away to them. Every thing one used to buy is now at least double, I don't agree with it but that's how it is right now. That is what powder goes for, no longer $39.00. Powder was going up before covid.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
powder supply is basically non existent, if you need it now it's hard to dicker on the price

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just cannot grasp how someone you don't even know can call you ask for help ( I was not trying to sell ) and you want a bit less than if he picked it up from Ross at the store not shipped if he had it and he doesn't and then make me feel like I am hosing him

Like lots of guys here on the cape that have extra powder to help him NOT and his possible source is gone for life with me

Cheers

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First for me off topic

Out in a greenhouse today and something caught my eye two mice running all out heading right for me and never stopped as they ran between my legs then I see not one but two weasels almost side by side about 10 feet behind them , now they seen me and turned off

Not sure who I should try to catch . Mice will eat my planted veggie seeds but the weasels will eat them maybe first
biggrin.png

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I just cannot grasp how someone you don't even know can call you ask for help ( I was not trying to sell ) and you want a bit less than if he picked it up from Ross at the store not shipped if he had it and he doesn't and then make me feel like I am hosing him

Like lots of guys here on the cape that have extra powder to help him NOT and his possible source is gone for life with me

Cheers
Why I took my add down. Don't mind cutting anyone some slack but when it becomes just stupid can't deal with it. Like the guy and the rotor tiller I had for sale. It was my fault he did not have a truck for pickup, my fault he had no one to lift it with him into the back of the car, my fault they had a child that the car seat was now taking up space in his back seat, and my fault his wife would have to come to watch the child, and offered to pay half of what was being asked.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
First for me off topic

Out in a greenhouse today and something caught my eye two mice running all out heading right for me and never stopped as they ran between my legs then I see not one but two weasels almost side by side about 10 feet behind them , now they seen me and turned off

Not sure who I should try to catch . Mice will eat my planted veggie seeds but the weasels will eat them maybe first
biggrin.png
It was probably conservative weasels trying to rid liberal mice.
biggrin.png

·
GREYBEARD
2,833 Posts
Powder is scarce and only going to get more expensive.

I would say let the weasels clean up the mice.

mice math, 1+1=10 in no time at all.

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Powder is scarce and only going to get more expensive.

I would say let the weasels clean up the mice.

mice math, 1+1=10 in no time at all.
Was thinking the same but also wondering what if any diseases they could carry and should I move them on

Cheers

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why I took my add down. Don't mind cutting anyone some slack but when it becomes just stupid can't deal with it. Like the guy and the rotor tiller I had for sale. It was my fault he did not have a truck for pickup, my fault he had no one to lift it with him into the back of the car, my fault they had a child that the car seat was now taking up space in his back seat, and my fault his wife would have to come to watch the child, and offered to pay half of what was being asked.
You are lucky they even took it. When I am using mine I put it in the driveway many days just to make room in the garage and people will drop in and ask to borrow it BUT just for an hour they say

Free of course
wacko.png

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
Let the weasels live Joe !! You won't regret it.

We used to have mice around our wharf..for years...the little bass turds used to chew the twine out of our stored lobster traps...made a lot of extra work knitting the mesh back into form every year . Then, one day, in the winter, we saw a weasel there .I was gonna get rid of him, but, ..buddy of mine (trapper) said that they'd clean up the mice...so I left him(them) alone...never saw any mice the next year. No more twine chewed. Love the weasels now..lol

Minks were always a PITA too...digging out and tearing up thawing bait..but like the weasels...they'll keep the vermin at bay.

NOW the FN raccoons.
angry.png
angry.png
angry.png
..they're a different story all together..they'll chit and chew' give birth and rip the chit out of the traps...cuzz they're so cute and cuddly
angry.png
angry.png

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
What Kevin said on the weasels ,i used to have mice in my shed until one winter weasels showed up .They cleared out the mice in short order .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Powders are available if you are wiling to redo your load, Canada Ammo has all the Dominion powders and Higginsons's powders in ON has a few left for around 40$ + New reloading equipment with no highly inflated prices, 3 die sets are 40$ ish . Tried to source stuff used locally but not that desperate enough to pay inflated prices, guess I'll have to make a big enough order for shipping form Higginsons.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Powders are available if you are wiling to redo your load, Canada Ammo has all the Dominion powders and Higginsons's powders in ON has a few left for around 40$ + New reloading equipment with no highly inflated prices, 3 die sets are 40$ ish . Tried to source stuff used locally but not that desperate enough to pay inflated prices, guess I'll have to make a big enough order for shipping form Higginsons.
I buy from Higginsons but he has been really hit hard, not much listed anymore. Every one is bare bones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I buy from Higginsons but he has been really hit hard, not much listed anymore. Every one is bare bones.
They still have some rifle and pistol powders left, CFE 223 8 Lbs that's what my eyes are set on for now and in stock. Will order 9mm dies and some other rifle dies so wont have to pay shipping each time, pay now in bulk and save. PM me if anyone wants to go splits on some of the stuff

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
I spoke with Andrew 4 or 5 few weeks ago when we were hunting for RL supplies. He never had 1 primer left in stock !!

...only had a couple types of shotgun powders left, which were no good to us and absolutely zilch for all the popular rifle powders I / we/ most people use. He said he has never seen it so dismal ! The site stock still looks the same.

Same thing with Brian at Hummason's ! He had verrry limited stock on hand in anything powder/ primer related. No 209's at all cept cheddites. Couple of 5 lb and 8 lb kegs of stuff that was to no avail to us at all.

He was hoping to see some powder in 3-4 weeks (hoping to)...still didn't happen.

We picked up almost the last of what Ross had for our shotgun powders...and 6000.. STS and CCI 209's. His prices on the old stock are still old stock prices...new stock will sticker shock ya !! Some primers went up 20-25 /1000...powders any wheres from 10-30 bucks / lb

The only place to buy the higher 69-80 grain 22 cal bullets now is on the F/S websites. Everyone is feeling the pinch nation wide. Like the lumber prices...ain't never gonna come back down !

If you're willing to settle for anything, It's no problem to get what no one else wants,
rolleyes.gif
..or as long as you need only what they got...you'll be fine
wink.png

·
Registered
48 Posts
I spoke with Andrew 4 or 5 few weeks ago when we were hunting for RL supplies. He never had 1 primer left in stock !!

...only had a couple types of shotgun powders left, which were no good to us and absolutely zilch for all the popular rifle powders I / we/ most people use. He said he has never seen it so dismal ! The site stock still looks the same.

Same thing with Brian at Hummason's ! He had verrry limited stock on hand in anything powder/ primer related. No 209's at all cept cheddites. Couple of 5 lb and 8 lb kegs of stuff that was to no avail to us at all.

He was hoping to see some powder in 3-4 weeks (hoping to)...still didn't happen.

We picked up almost the last of what Ross had for our shotgun powders...and 6000.. STS and CCI 209's. His prices on the old stock are still old stock prices...new stock will sticker shock ya !! Some primers went up 20-25 /1000...powders any wheres from 10-30 bucks / lb

The only place to buy the higher 69-80 grain 22 cal bullets now is on the F/S websites. Everyone is feeling the pinch nation wide. Like the lumber prices...ain't never gonna come back down !

If you're willing to settle for anything, It's no problem to get what no one else wants,
rolleyes.gif
..or as long as you need only what they got...you'll be fine
wink.png
Give Henry at Budget Shooters supply a chance, great guy and I buy from him often. Lots of powders available at non inflated prices for around 45$ for 1 Lbs and very good prices for bullets as well. He once arranged 6.5 Jap brass and dies for me a point when every store said they can't or were unreasonably priced, since then I have been a dedicated customer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts