Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Give Henry at Budget Shooters supply a chance, great guy and I buy from him often. Lots of powders available at non inflated prices for around 45$ for 1 Lbs and very good prices for bullets as well. He once arranged 6.5 Jap brass and dies for me a point when every store said they can't or were unreasonably priced, since then I have been a dedicated customer.
+1 for Henry

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
I've ordered from Henry in the past, so have a few others on here. He's a great knowledgeable fella..good to chat with..but right now, Henry's site looks the same as everyone else's ! Not 1 shotgun primer in stock..no magnum primers..only 3 types of shotgun powder..no 270 bullets and only a handful of other bullets in a few calibers. I'd say he's certainly feeling the pinch as well judging by the limited stock he has.

Lookin over Peter Dobsons site as well...he still has some decent stock of the good stuff around. That's who I get all my Lapua bullets and brass from plus he's a dealer for my Forester stuff..micrometer seater dies, spare and extra parts..for my co-axial press..love the local thing too...gas is as cheap or cheaper than CP .now..LOL

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've ordered from Henry in the past, so have a few others on here. He's a great knowledgeable fella..good to chat with..but right now, Henry's site looks the same as everyone else's ! Not 1 shotgun primer in stock..no magnum primers..only 3 types of shotgun powder..no 270 bullets and only a handful of other bullets in a few calibers. I'd say he's certainly feeling the pinch as well judging by the limited stock he has.

Lookin over Peter Dobsons site as well...he still has some decent stock of the good stuff around. That's who I get all my Lapua bullets and brass from plus he's a dealer for my Forester stuff..micrometer seater dies, spare and extra parts..for my co-axial press..love the local thing too...gas is as cheap or cheaper than CP .now..LOL
How do you like your Co-Axial press Kev

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
How do you like your Co-Axial press Kev
WOW...MJ...You're still alive !!! Awesome news for us buddy !
laugh.png
laugh.png
Hope you're doin OK out there man !!!!

I Love it bud !! Quite a press..it's effortless on the stroke. I've only done some new 223 test loads (50), some 6.5x55's (40) and some 243 so far, broke 2 de-capping pins with it
rolleyes.gif
..first time in years I've done that..lol. Just getting used to it now. It's an amazing press, like a 2 second die swap.

It's so effortless, I picked up the short handle for it, and a couple of jaw springs from Peter Dobson. It's great that he's a local dealer and has parts accessability.

Buttt...albeit, I know I'm gonna miss my turret head and the ability to have 2 or 3 sets of dies at your finger tips at once. Had that convenience since the mid 80's
sad.png
..oh well...onward and upward..
tongue.png
tongue.png

·
Registered
660 Posts
WOW...MJ...You're still alive !!! Awesome news for us buddy ! :lol::lol: Hope you're doin OK out there man !!!!
I Love it bud !! Quite a press..it's effortless on the stroke. I've only done some new 223 test loads (50), some 6.5x55's (40) and some 243 so far, broke 2 de-capping pins with it :rolleyes: ..first time in years I've done that..lol. Just getting used to it now. It's an amazing press, like a 2 second die swap.
It's so effortless, I picked up the short handle for it, and a couple of jaw springs from Peter Dobson. It's great that he's a local dealer and has parts accessability.

Buttt...albeit, I know I'm gonna miss my turret head and the ability to have 2 or 3 sets of dies at your finger tips at once. Had that convenience since the mid 80's :( ..oh well...onward and upward..:p:p
Doing good Kev, back in the Cape now, great to hear the press works for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If anybody is looking for Vihtavuori powder, check with Hirsch Precision ( Peter Dobson).They just got an order in last week, ( I helped unload the truck). Lots of different rifle powders.Located in Lake Echo. ..902-829-2932. Great guys to deal with!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well I have seen an all time high for powder. $120 a pound for Varget and H4350 at Budget Shooting Suplies. Not sure how far this is going to go but one of my favorite hobbies is getting way to expensive.
People are nuts now with it and very little supply just wait a few months
That being said a 8 pounder of varget SOLD on nutz for 1000 :(

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Holy dying Fk !! Some people are absolutely nutz !!...no gouging goin on there either is there ???
Twat waffle

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Holy dying Fk !! Some people are absolutely nutz !!...no gouging goin on there either is there ???
Twat waffle
Also Primers are almost non existent in many types and the prices are also crazy . Federal says they are 18 months behind on their orders
Those who didnot stash will pay dearly to play or have to stop playing
Cheers

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I have been super fortunate since i started reloading for my 28ga, several members here have pointed me to components that has allowed me to now have about a 2yr stash. Keep in mind i do not shoot competitive, it goes to all hwwa range days, i hunt bunnies with it. I figure 20-25 boxes/yr is what il be shooting.
Im sure if it wasn't for the guys that helped id still be looking for components and information on what hull was what. There are a bunch of superb guys on this site!

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
I still have some stuff but in the past year I have been unable to find anything I use. I got what I got. I seen those prices on powder lately and just shake my head. I seen 1 lb opened tubs on GP also going for $120 each? The world is nuts. $600 dollar used rifles are now $3000. How far or how long can this go on?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Any one looking for powder check with flint and steel shooting supplies you can find them on facebook . they are located in Debert .

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Even cabelas is jumping on the wagon
649 plus tax and shipping one would be close to a grand :( for a 8 pounder of varget

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.