Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this on another site and thought id post here

Effective 4/1/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi–Shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:

· Primers – 5%

· Powder – 5%

· Handgun – 2-8%

· Rifle – 3-8%

· Shotgun – 3-12%

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Thanks
I find it funny places posting price increases ammo being one when they have almost zero stock any way and no dates when the next batch will arrive
I got an e-mail today about a set of tiller tines I ordered Nov 5th and in stock the day I ordered
They back ordered them and they were 148 bucks a set
Well I guess they came in and now charged me 220
WTF. Sorry he said that is what they are today and we cannot honor that old price and it is too late to cancel they are shipped to you
Cheers

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Just found this on another site and thought id post here

Effective 4/1/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi–Shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:

· Primers – 5%

· Powder – 5%

· Handgun – 2-8%

· Rifle – 3-8%

· Shotgun – 3-12%
Was told that a few weeks ago. Its on firearms as well. It is why I decided to up grade my muzzle loader before prices climb.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been thinking about a muzzie upgrade but "she who must be obeyed" says not now as i just got a new gun and a loader and my stash is gone.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I haven’t seen an increase on reloading components at all.....because there isn’t any to buy. Haha

·
Administrator
10,478 Posts
That email was sent out by Ross and a few other retailers last march or april. That's why Ive become a hoar der...LOL

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That email was sent out by Ross and a few other retailers last march or april. That's why Ive become a hoar der...LOL
As we keep seeing things go up, one would think the used market would be hot, but many seem to think things are too high priced? $700 for a used Winchester or $2300 plus taxes etc new:) A few more years and nothing used will be below a $1000.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Thanks
I find it funny places posting price increases ammo being one when they have almost zero stock any way and no dates when the next batch will arrive
I got an e-mail today about a set of tiller tines I ordered Nov 5th and in stock the day I ordered
They back ordered them and they were 148 bucks a set
Well I guess they came in and now charged me 220
WTF. Sorry he said that is what they are today and we cannot honor that old price and it is too late to cancel they are shipped to you
Cheers
I don't believe it, inflation is only 4.8%

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
AND YOUR Point . It is one item dude that is an example of gouging not inflation
Keep trying. .
My point is the inflation numbers touted by the government are absolute BS and are on cherry picked items. Keep thinking its just gouging, I guess everyone is gouging and inflation isn't real.

Reality check the real inflation and cost to consumer is way more than 4.8%. Everything has gone up way more than 4.8% government is trying to paint a rosy picture to keep borrowing costs low because they are borrowing massively. Soon as they can't hide it anymore and interest rates rise and the government has to start servicing that debt we are in for it. Massive tax increases to follow.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
My point is the inflation numbers touted by the government are absolute BS and are on cherry picked items. Keep thinking its just gouging, I guess everyone is gouging and inflation isn't real.

Reality check the real inflation and cost to consumer is way more than 4.8%. Everything has gone up way more than 4.8% government is trying to paint a rosy picture to keep borrowing costs low because they are borrowing massively. Soon as they can't hide it anymore and interest rates rise and the government has to start servicing that debt we are in for it. Massive tax increases to follow.
AHH when the new price tag is over the old one that is gouging dude in this case I mentioned
They arrived today
Yes the bank of canada sets BS numbers:rolleyes: you know they are independently audited also

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
AHH when the new price tag is over the old one that is gouging dude in this case I mentioned
They arrived today
Yes the bank of canada sets BS numbers:rolleyes: you know they are independently audited also
Since you love the internet and reading go read the items they use to calculate inflation, its stuff you likely never buy or only buy every few years, they don't include many items that you regularly buy, so yeah I will stand by my statement that the items are cherry picked and that number is not the real cost of inflation to the average Joe Joe. I could care less if they are independently audited.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Since you love the internet and reading go read the items they use to calculate inflation, its stuff you likely never buy or only buy every few years, they don't include many items that you regularly buy, so yeah I will stand by my statement that the items are cherry picked and that number is not the real cost of inflation to the average Joe Joe. I could care less if they are independently audited.
I don't need to look
Too funny stuff we never buy. ever hear of the consumer price index and know the bank of canada uses it as just one of their tools to target inflation they also use WPI ( wholesale price index) and others I don't know what they are My god you guys
No why would you care to see they cannot pull off the BS you believe they are doing
You related to thunderstick by any chance:D:D or have taken his vaccine

·
Administrator
10,478 Posts
Lumber up 4.8%...
Diesel up 4.8 %
furnace oil up 4.8 %
my groceries up 4.8 %
Lobster bait up 4.8%
Fiberglass and resin products up 4.8 %........I call BS on alll of it !!

I really don't care what gub'ment and it's "independent study buddies" say.....everything revolving around in my life as I know it is up more than 5 fkn % WAY more !!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Lumber up 4.8%...
Diesel up 4.8 %
furnace oil up 4.8 %
my groceries up 4.8 %
Lobster bait up 4.8%
Fiberglass and resin products up 4.8 %........I call BS on alll of it !!

I really don't care what gub'ment and it's "independent study buddies" say.....everything revolving around in my life as I know it is up more than 5 fkn % WAY more !!!
Propane is up 31% , 2 bags of groceries is $100, but somehow Covid has made everyone rich. I honestly don't know how some people are getting by unless its on borrowed money or government hand outs.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Yes agree Kevin but that is not what makes up the inflation numbers and only a 4.8% on everything only a small part of it
Your list is experiencing gouging and supply issues, weather etc etc totally different driving the costs up and being a past trucker understand that
Cheers
food as one example

·
Registered
146 Posts
I understand how the indices used by Stats Canada, banks etcetera operate. But, I question whether or not the "basket of goods" used to calculate the CPI of 4.8% tells the whole story. I don't think it does unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it doesn't include rent for example and definitely doesn't include the increase in building material costs and I don't think it includes clothing, toys and many other things we all buy but that are not in the official "basket".
Hell, groceries alone feel to me as if they are up more than 5%!! Then add in the price increases on anything using oil!
I don't think there is a conspiracy here, just an outdated indicator that in reality never did capture the entire picture.
What has p__ssed me off through all this is banks and government officials saying inflation is temporary. Bull__t!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I understand how the indices used by Stats Canada, banks etcetera operate. But, I question whether or not the "basket of goods" used to calculate the CPI of 4.8% tells the whole story. I don't think it does unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it doesn't include rent for example and definitely doesn't include the increase in building material costs and I don't think it includes clothing, toys and many other things we all buy but that are not in the official "basket".
Hell, groceries alone feel to me as if they are up more than 5%!! Then add in the price increases on anything using oil!
I don't think there is a conspiracy here, just an outdated indicator that in reality never did capture the entire picture.
What has p__ssed me off through all this is banks and government officials saying inflation is temporary. Bull__t!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, exactly what I am saying. When 3Macs1 gets his seed orders placed or anything else for the greenhouses and they have increased he can claim he is being price gouged and not blame run away inflation.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Thank you, exactly what I am saying. When 3Macs1 gets his seed orders placed or anything else for the greenhouses and they have increased he can claim he is being price gouged and not blame run away inflation.
Do you really know what you are saying :p or just agree with anyone that you think is saying the same as you:p
My seeds are all here two months ago I would have you know and price or gouging is not the issue with them in 2022 no STOCK and small package size is

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
This is the official basket of goods as you know and no it doesn't tell all but is the main indicator

The goods and services in the CPI basket are divided into 8 major components: Food; Shelter; Household operations, furnishings and equipment; Clothing and footwear; Transportation; Health and personal care; Recreation, education and reading, and Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products and recreational cannabis.

Food report is here it is interesting and worth a download

1 - 20 of 29 Posts