Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Had to start digging into my old stash but would you look at those prices from the late 1980's!
Powder is just as good as the day I bought it.

3macs1 I bet you have powder so old it is priced in English pounds?

Tin Liquid Tin can Drink Fluid

Dishware Automotive lighting Automotive wheel system Gas Button

Attachments

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
Those are some great prices. when did powder start to be sold in plastic bottles instead of metal ?

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Had to start digging into my old stash but would you look at those prices from the late 1980's!
Powder is just as good as the day I bought it.

3macs1 I bet you have powder so old it is priced in English pounds?

Honestly none older that those cans you show
But I so have two of the three like in your pic unopened:p
Happy Holidays

·
Registered
298 Posts
I bit the bullet yesterday ( No pun intended) and ordered powder.4lbs in total cost me $314 shipped from out west. This hobby is getting real expensive good thing I don't have any other big hobbies.:cool:

·
Administrator
10,510 Posts
I hear ya Bill..prices ai t gonna get any better either...shipping is the killer now, seems to have gone up two fold compared to what it was a while back.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Could you imaging what ferguson's would be charging for components now t'were he still alive and in business? He was way ahead of the curve when it comes to gouging lol.

Reactions: 3macs1

·
Administrator
10,510 Posts
So the first of my Boyd's stocks arrived last friday, along with an order of P & W reloader parts. CBS picked the parts box and charged me HST coming in to Canadastan, 62.00 ( most expensive of the two) they also add 9.99 to the bill for handling ( putting on the fekkin sticker )...nothing xtra charged on the gunstock.
Yesterday, my second stock arrived...with a CBS C.O.D of 49.85...again HST plus the 10 bucks to lift up the box and attach the GD sticker !!!
Like to know what the figures are for just putting CBS stickers for HST on the packages ??
With the volume of mail , and the number of stickers they could attach in a shift, I'd say they're doin purty frikken good !!!

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
So the first of my Boyd's stocks arrived last friday, along with an order of P & W reloader parts. CBS picked the parts box and charged me HST coming in to Canadastan, 62.00 ( most expensive of the two) they also add 9.99 to the bill for handling ( putting on the fekkin sticker )...nothing xtra charged on the gunstock.
Yesterday, my second stock arrived...with a CBS C.O.D of 49.85...again HST plus the 10 bucks to lift up the box and attach the GD sticker !!!
Like to know what the figures are for just putting CBS stickers for HST on the packages ??
With the volume of mail , and the number of stickers they could attach in a shift, I'd say they're doin purty frikken good !!!
IMO 99% a few sneek by but not many any more other than xmas week(s)
now just 20 bucks and 60 bucks for a gift :( Changed maybe 2 /3 years ago even though the link is dated 2000

21 - 29 of 29 Posts