Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
321 - 340 of 1,026 Posts
Would you beleive 52.99 at cabelas . Needless to say it is still there .
Something I didnot know until that last storm is that the fuel also goes bad Joe the hoarder had an opened gallon can and two unopened cans and when I opened the one that was used before the fuel looked like a light molasses the new unopened both had a dark color also but not as bad and would not work right so all had to be tossed It gunked the stove jets up ( and quickly) just like old gas does to a carb
I thought it may have been the fact I stored them in the unheated barn and the fact they were all over 12 years old so checked with coleman and they told me even an unopened can they only will recommend using for 5-7 years and 2 for opened and after that it is hit and miss so was not too smart for me to stash a lot So right after the storm I bought all new propane gear stove, lanterns, adapter hoses for 20 pound tanks the works since I always have 6-8 fresh 20 pounders on hand and use about 6 a year just on the bbq
Cheers

I'm effing rich!! I have one of the old Coleman suitcase stoves and an Outbound propane stove. Also have two Coleman naptha lanterns and two propane lanterns. All working.
I guess I'm a bit if a hoarder. 😊
Sorry Not really ;)have a friend that is a true coleman collector must have 200 lanterns alone of many years and models and a lot of stoves etc and I must have found him 20 lanterns over the years and 8/10 stoves in the heavy garbage when they have it here Last year he did get excited when I found two of the real old red quick lite heaters and gave them to him he says anything pre 1977 is worth keeping and now some of it has collector value

Sorry Not really ;)have a friend that is a true coleman collector must have 200 lanterns alone of many years and models and a lot of stoves etc and I must have found him 20 lanterns over the years and 8/10 stoves in the heavy garbage when they have it here Last year he did get excited when I found two of the real old red quick lite heaters and gave them to him he says anything pre 1977 is worth keeping and now has collector value
I was joking. 😊 I tried to sell the gas stove last year and didn't get sny takers. Had no problem selling a propane stove after the hurricane though. Propane is far simpler and very reliable but the tanks are a pain in the ass.
I'm a member on the Coleman Collectors forum. I joined to get help with one of the old lanterns and stove that I have. If anyone's interested in seeing some very neat old equipment of all brands, getting input on rebuilding, etcetera you should check it out. No membership required. Like your friend, these guys are real collectors!!

I was joking. 😊 I tried to sell the gas stove last year and didn't get sny takers. Had no problem selling a propane stove after the hurricane though. Propane is far simpler and very reliable but the tanks are a pain in the ass.
I'm a member on the Coleman Collectors forum. I joined to get help with one of the old lanterns and stove that I have. If anyone's interested in seeing some very neat old equipment of all brands, getting input on rebuilding, etcetera you should check it out. No membership required. Like your friend, these guys are real collectors!!
I know. :) I had a bunch of old lanterns here and did also try to sell them on kijiji and no one wanted them just like the stoves not even my bud since he said he had a ton of those common models I had so I traded them for some old antique stuff Only item that still has a small interest is the old heaters it seems and that is with the smelting boys mainly in this area
Cheers

So just when we think Coleman fuel got expensive , Look up Huskavarna pre mix 50:1 for small engines and chainsaws , $50 plus tax for 50:1 mixed fuel 3.78 litres , it would turn to varnish first !🙄🙄😬

As it was Fishing gear was out to lunch on price , went to local small shop and much better for variety and better quality rods , reels , and tackle for few things I was in need of , plain straight said I'm just gonna get some extra , cause it just keeps going up .

Could always be worse Had to pre pay 2 grand today to lock in an oil price for a monday fill up of two tanks and both are not empty They said oil is taking another big hike in the next few weeks starting as early as tomorrow :( Before covid I was doing the same for one thousand

Picked up a case (12 cans ) of cat food today - last time $42. Today $71. Damn cat won’t eat table scrapes!!!

The hounds get pedigree vitality plus cans of mackerel. The bag went from $38 to $56, every 2 weeks.
The can mackerel $1 to $3 IF they have it and at 3 cans a week it adds up but they're worth it

The hounds get pedigree vitality plus cans of mackerel. The bag went from $38 to $56, every 2 weeks.
The can mackerel $1 to $3 IF they have it and at 3 cans a week it adds up but they're worth it
100% worth it.Think mom said dog food 25kg bag is almost $100 now course it comes from a vet but has gone up a lot.Our great dane doesnt like to miss a meal either

I have never not been able to find pro plan somewhere in the 22 years using it and it is in stock close to you as we speak at the mall for that bear :p:p with oldman joints :)
Cheers
I am looking for large bread with the joint supplement. Its not easy to find. Picked up blue buffalo to give that a try. It had more for joints than most previous types had. The bear seems to like it 😀

I am looking for large bread with the joint supplement. Its not easy to find. Picked up blue buffalo to give that a try. It had more for joints than most previous types had. The bear seems to like it 😀
I know and that is what they stock at pet valu in greenwood

Purina Pro Plan Joint Health Large Breed Dog Food Chicken & Rice Formula

Stopped at sobeys on way home yesterday to grab some haddock for fish chowder ya know the little air filled bags with 4-5 freezer burned fillets in them😬
$24 for 5 little freezer burned haddock fillets ummmmm dont think so i grabbed 6 cans of baby clams and a couple packages of shelled frozen mussels a liter of whipping cream and away i went.

Stopped at sobeys on way home yesterday to grab some haddock for fish chowder ya know the little air filled bags with 4-5 freezer burned fillets in them😬
$24 for 5 little freezer burned haddock fillets ummmmm dont think so i grabbed 6 cans of baby clams and a couple packages of shelled frozen mussels a liter of whipping cream and away i went.
Yep I picked up some yesterday also :D:Dthree orders of 2 pc fish and chips ( yep took an extra pill for the sugar and said F'k it man was it good ) and one of our favorite spots Never seen anything like it before took 2 1/2 hours before they called and it was ready for pick up unreal how busy they were and no cheques out so the old cape is not that poor
Cheers

321 - 340 of 1,026 Posts