Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
341 - 360 of 1,026 Posts
Looked at that yesterday Joe, but the Blue Buffalo had more joint formula so went with that. Soon as that bag is gone no doubt I will have to find another brand 😀
As long as you have something Blue buffalo is good food also and highly rated and the more in a joint the better :LOL::LOL:. Cannot be good IMHO for the dog to keep switching brands so much but I am no vet
Just know even when we have changed types in the same bran it is a process of a little at a time with the original food as we have just switched my old girl to the SR
mix and her old poop was not good for at least a week after
Cheers

We picked up a few groceries today and a piece of salmon for the smoker. Unexpected company had a royal treat of candied salmon right from the smoker with a handful of beet crackers and grapes.
Tasty stuff didn't take long to disappear.

Finally made to the famous Gateway Meat Market.It wasnt what i had pictured in my mind,soon as i got thru the doors i asked daughter where the rest of the store?Was one large room with a constant almost rushed steady stream of people going in a counterclockwise direction grabbing produce on the move.The prices were excellent on chicken pork and beef a lot of it 1/3 what u pay at superstore or sobeys.Some good prices on fruits and veggies also this week.Goes to show how much we are being gouged by the big names.
Will i go back??It would have to be on a weekday early like before they open.I asked the cashier if its always this busy?She said today is slow,most times its lined up to the street.

Yeah, gateway is super busy. I usually only go in for a specific set of things, get in get out. I try to get there right as they open or, sometimes, right at meal times. Forget turning left into or out of the parking lot.

Discussion starter · #345 ·
We picked up a few groceries today and a piece of salmon for the smoker. Unexpected company had a royal treat of candied salmon right from the smoker with a handful of beet crackers and grapes.
Tasty stuff didn't take long to disappear.
Funny you mention those Tim...Costco had them with block cheese as samples yesterday. First time ever eating them. Those and the sweet potato crackers, great tasting...something new for me. Of course, the Lil Wifey wouldn't try them ...lol, but that's fine...I just get her samples too...heh heh heh ...MANNN...that place was a frikken zoo yesterday !!!!! Like to have what they pulled in for the day....take a little pressure off I bet !

Funny you mention those Tim...Costco had them with block cheese as samples yesterday. First time ever eating them. Those and the sweet potato crackers, great tasting...something new for me. Of course, the Lil Wifey wouldn't try them ...lol, but that's fine...I just get her samples too...heh heh heh ...MANNN...that place was a frikken zoo yesterday !!!!! Like to have what they pulled in for the day....take a little pressure off I bet !
I got hooked on them also just in the last year they are indeed wicket Girls were up weekend before easter and said they had to hit the two costco's to get what they wanted she said they were so busy one would think the food was free and every cart was full in the line ups I have to get some of those beet ones now :)
Cheers

Boy would it ever! I don't know what the numbers would be now, but, as an example of just how much money they take in, about 20 years ago a friend worked at the one in Halifax before Christmas. He told me that in one 6 hour period, on one day, they sold $220,000 of just electronics! One freaking department!!!! Less than a full day's sales!
I'll bet total one day sales outside the runup to Christmas these days would be over a million a day easily.
If I had that on top of my meager pile I'd buy myself a new pickup and other toys. 😊

Well just when you thought you seen the biggest jump in price, went to buy a can of spray tremclad this evening. The new price is $22.99, Small can 😀
Yea. I need a small can of clear coat to do a spare fuel tank for my old Coleman stove. Used to sell them at Cdn Tire for under $10 I think. Now they are twice as big and cost about $20. Its been almost a year now and I still haven't been able to bring myself to pay that much.

Well just when you thought you seen the biggest jump in price, went to buy a can of spray tremclad this evening. The new price is $22.99, Small can 😀
That has to be the new professional grade they sell The old standard stuff is also gone up but 15.99 here at least checked last night after reading your post the professional here is like 23 bucks and black and white 8.49
Cheers

That has to be the new professional grade they sell The old standard stuff is also gone up but 15.99 here at least checked last night after reading your post the professional here is like 23 bucks and black and white 8.49
Cheers
No Joe it was the regular stuff. I think the Armor coat was a couple bucks cheaper but not much. Used to be that paint was 1/2 of what was in the auto isle, not anymore. Just double every thing. Got a roll of cheap electrical tape the other day, cheapest was $5.00 a roll? Used to be under $2.00

No Joe it was the regular stuff. I think the Armor coat was a couple bucks cheaper but not much. Used to be that paint was 1/2 of what was in the auto isle, not anymore. Just double every thing. Got a roll of cheap electrical tape the other day, cheapest was $5.00 a roll? Used to be under $2.00
Wow they sure screw you it seems down your way on some stuff but agree it is double regardless what I paid for it before covid Check home hardware but also like 15.99 there now I get the tape at costco comes in a pack of 10 nor 12 and not expensive and lasts me years
Those paint cans are like reloading components to me here and have a good stash since I use quite a few fixing snowblowers and tillers Have a few milk crakes full in the basement ( like 6 or more LOL ) would buy like a dozen cans when on sale for like 5.99 But only gloss black, fire engine red for the tillers apple red for the honda snowblowers and john deer green and yellow
Pays to be a hoarder in 2023 :) Other than dam tubes of GE silicone and spray foam Got f'ked on those and must have tossed a dozen of each that got hard and never used Didnot know they had a best before date :( That GE silicone I use by the case on the greenhouses pretty much one case a year doing repairs and when building new double that and crazy expensive
In fact this year switched to what they are calling the raw version stinks like hell and takes forever to dry but half the price

Wow they sure screw you it seems down your way on some stuff but agree it is double regardless what I paid for it before covid Check home hardware but also like 15.99 there now I get the tape at costco comes in a pack of 10 nor 12 and not expensive and lasts me years
Those paint cans are like reloading components to me here and have a good stash since I use quite a few fixing snowblowers and tillers Have a few milk crakes full in the basement ( like 6 or more LOL ) would buy like a dozen cans when on sale for like 5.99 But only gloss black, fire engine red for the tillers apple red for the honda snowblowers and john deer green and yellow
Pays to be a hoarder in 2023 :) Other than dam tubes of GE silicone and spray foam Got f'ked on those and must have tossed a dozen of each that got hard and never used Didnot know they had a best before date :( That GE silicone I use by the case on the greenhouses pretty much one case a year doing repairs and when building new double that and crazy expensive
In fact this year switched to what they are calling the raw version stinks like hell but half the price
I have unlimited cans in my basement. Problem is they after awhile loose pressure and are useless. I had 4 cans of flat black tremclad that I needed, none would spray. Same glues, silicons etc, after a while they go bad.

I have unlimited cans in my basement. Problem is they after awhile loose pressure and are useless. I had 4 cans of flat black tremclad that I needed, none would spray. Same glues, silicons etc, after a while they go bad.
Now I have not had that happen so far with the New cans the rest 100% That is cans that are new mind you never used others 100% are hit and miss I find they have to stay in the heat and mine are in the dark also I find you have to shake the crap out of them first way more than normal and if nothing I switch to a bigger nozzle and they will spray Many nozzles are color coded and the ones from primer cans seems to have the largest holes for the stubborn cans I save every nozzle off working cans in the top drawer of my tool box for stuff like this

have lost the spell check feature in the last day and cannot see how to set it up again anyone know

Here is another real price shock , vets are only open on Saturdays for Emegency calls or visits , but show online as open regular hours as regular work week , not so , you walk in or call in and it's $260 extra plus taxes beside the vet exam , any tests and meds or needles required , A Saturday visit can cost you BIG time !

Here is another real price shock , vets are only open on Saturdays for Emegency calls or visits , but show online as open regular hours as regular work week , not so , you walk in or call in and it's $260 extra plus taxes beside the vet exam , any tests and meds or needles required , A Saturday visit can cost you BIG time !
I can add to that. Last year around this time my youngest Britt got bit by a bee and within 2 hours swelled up I called to take her in on the weekend and they said I would get a call within a hour and did He would not come in to see her and told me over the phone just to give her some benadryl and if no change in 4 hours double the dose WTF
Yep and charged me like 140 bucks for the call Then last summer sister home from halifax and her dog took sick They would not see the dog because it was not a regular patient I was lucky to know one vet quite well since they get all their veggie transplants and flowers here so called him and he said he would see her Our place went down hill when Dave R sold it he was wonderful to deal with and would never do anything like this
Unreal

341 - 360 of 1,026 Posts