Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
361 - 380 of 1,026 Posts
I called the other day for a boster shot for pup they told me they are booking now for November unreal
You need now to call 4-6 months prior for Boosters to the vets , even then it is not garanteed it will be hounored . Vers are pushing off the shots cause it is not top priority anf lack of qualified staff to preform the task and examination

Down my local building supplies yesterday for a few things and talking to the owner about her flowers and the fire came up She indicated they are already seeing issues with supply this past week and had to call four mills to get the lumber they needed and thinks the old 8 buck 2x4 may be becoming back soon as well as supply issues
Suggested if I have any projects planned to get my wood now just in case and I think I will
Not really shocked with so much rebuilding that will be taking place in NS this year sadly

Building materials will go sky high again. I feel bad for the ones that have to rebuild. It could take years ... and forget about the average Joe hiring a carpenter for some renovations. My next door neighbor has had a cement slab poured since last October waiting for his carpenter to build his garage. A huge shortage of trades people.... and I'm guessing their prices will go up yet again.

Building materials will go sky high again. I feel bad for the ones that have to rebuild. It could take years ... and forget about the average Joe hiring a carpenter for some renovations. My next door neighbor has had a cement slab poured since last October waiting for his carpenter to build his garage. A huge shortage of trades people.... and I'm guessing their prices will go up yet again.
Yep forgot about that you are right there Guy dropped in this week for some reloading stuff has a beautiful home a few years old easy million and his roof in places has been tarped since the storm in sept
I said dude what gives I know you don';t have to wait for insurance money no joe sure don't but so far had three contractors hired to do the job and no one showed up after the estimate
Going to have to try to fix it my self this summer Just lucky not leaking yet

Yep forgot about that you are right there Guy dropped in this week for some reloading stuff has a beautiful home a few years old easy million and his roof in places has been tarped since the storm in sept
I said dude what gives I know you don';t have to wait for insurance money no joe sure don't but so far had three contractors hired to do the job and no one showed up after the estimate
Houses prices also in those areas, no breaks it seems.

Down my local building supplies yesterday for a few things and talking to the owner about her flowers and the fire came up She indicated they are already seeing issues with supply this past week and had to call four mills to get the lumber they needed and thinks the old 8 buck 2x4 may be becoming back soon as well as supply issues
Suggested if I have any projects planned to get my wood now just in case and I think I will
Not really shocked with so much rebuilding that will be taking place in NS this year sadly
Yes the fires will likely be used as the excuse du jour for jacking the price of lumber and other building materials for the next few years! Going to be a great few years for all the building supply outfits in the central and south west parts of the province. Good time to be a young guy or gal in the residential construction trades.

Houses prices also in those areas, no breaks it seems.
Yep as I have said before daughters best friend sells them here and they are still going here as fast as she lists them and locals now the main buyers Basic 28x40 3 bedroom Bungalows we would have paid 50-75 for 25 years ago are now selling for over 300 most 350 and many built in the 60's :( Only one she was telling me today she is having trouble moving Looks good from the outside but I guess buddy lives with 6 chickens in the house :( and wants like 279

Joe tell him ill do it after i get yours done lol
Im gonna be up there might as well make the trip pay

Yep as I have said before daughters best friend sells them here and they are still going here as fast as she lists them and locals now the main buyers Basic 28x40 3 bedroom Bungalows we would have paid 50-75 for 25 years ago are now selling for over 300 most 350 and many built in the 60's :( Only one she was telling me today she is having trouble moving Looks good from the outside but I guess buddy lives with 6 chickens in the house :( and wants like 279
What ever comes up in the Dartmouth area is very rough to say the least, not worth half of what there asking but they are selling in days what few there is because people are desperate, many being over bid. Hard to imagine buying some of that stuff. My son will be driving I guess. Its hard knowing how much of his salary is going towards gas just to keep his job. I think he went through almost three tanks of oil this winter to boot because of his heat pump that no one it seems could fix.

What ever comes up in the Dartmouth area is very rough to say the least, not worth half of what there asking but they are selling in days what few there is because people are desperate, many being over bid. Hard to imagine buying some of that stuff. My son will be driving I guess. Its hard knowing how much of his salary is going towards gas just to keep his job. I think he went through almost three tanks of oil this winter to boot because of his heat pump that no one it seems could fix.
That is terrible After seeing what mine did for me this winter I would be pulling that sucker out and putting in another model myself You can do it I know you can Not hard at all just have to pay someone to purge it took me maybe 8 hours My oil went from a normal 3 1/2 tanks to one tank with still some in it Running it out since I have to change it this summer Don't get me wrong I hate the heat it gives but love saving money :)

That is terrible After seeing what mine did for me this winter I would be pulling that sucker out and putting in another model myself You can do it I know you can Not hard at all just have to pay someone to purge it took me maybe 8 hours My oil went from a normal 3 1/2 tanks to one tank with still some in it Running it out since I have to change it this summer
On a good note a cord of firewood should be around $500 this fall 😀

There are options ;)

Last week was first time we ordered take out pizza in awhile.And likely last for long time.

One 16" "meat lovers" pizza.Thin crust and hardly any cheese or sauce.Some sliced pepperoni and what i believe to be processed ham slices posing as the bacon advertised.
$27+tax 😬

Continuing tradition we always make our homemade pizzas from scratch.However time was tight and we opted for take out that evening.

Remember years back getting large pizzas heavy with cheese ,sauce and all the other fixings a few slices and you were STUFFED.

Now a days if not making homemade seems better off to buy the frozen pizzas from superstore or sobeys on sale least then u can add to them for a fraction of the price from the pizza shops.
Food Pizza Ingredient Recipe California-style pizza

Discussion starter · #379 ·
Same thing here...take out prices up 60 to 75 %...and pizza is down 25% in weight and toppings !!!

361 - 380 of 1,026 Posts