Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted by Clay over on Nutz, I think a couple other retailers have given similar warning.

Prices in 2022
We are slowly working our way through our 2022 booking with one of the largest distributors of hunting/fishing supplies in Canada. So far, we have been doing mostly ammunition and components. The prices are truly startling. In almost every case, prices are higher , and these are discounted booking prices, than what we are currently retailing at. In some cases the new buying price is 10-22% or more than our current retail. Of course , there is also little chance we ever receive much of what we book and the prices are not guaranteed.
I'm not trying to start a buying panic, however, it would be wise to look around and see who might have what you need at 'old' prices as old stock is drying up, there will be notable, to say the least, price increases on anything you might find in stock in 2022.-Clay

EDIT:
Having glanced through firearms prices, I'm noticing that ammunition and it's components are likely seeing the mast dramatic increases.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
It is everything not just guns and ammo etc etc
Paid 60 bucks yesterday for a small turkey only because the wife's sister's birthday is tomorrow and she asked for turkey for supper
Looking at two used browning golds on gun post 2000 each and not even the good ones with the steel receivers. They were 1000 dollar guns 2 years ago to sell
I paid 2300 for two new and mine are the steel ones
The days of guys owning many guns are slipping away the average man just cannot afford it any more and as far as shooting goes many will be back to the days like my grandfather lived one bullet is one deer no targets after initial setting of scopes and sites
Just my take
Tim looks like you bought that 28ga just in time :)

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
It is everything not just guns and ammo etc etc
Paid 60 bucks yesterday for a small turkey only because the wife's sister's birthday is tomorrow and she asked for turkey for supper
Looking at two used browning golds on gun post 2000 each and not even the good ones with the steel receivers. They were 1000 dollar guns 2 years ago to sell
I paid 2300 for two new and mine are the steel ones
The days of guys owning many guns are slipping away the average man just cannot afford it any more and as far as shooting goes many will be back to the days like my grandfather lived one bullet is one deer no targets after initial setting of scopes and sites
Just my take
Tim looks like you bought that 28ga just in time :)
Yet when you list a used gun at much less one has problems selling. Some of the prices now out the door at a dealer when you add the tax is just crazy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
About 6-8 months ago, maybe a little longer, I placed a big Ammo order with Cabela. I am not a fan of them, however if you order the minium amount of Ammo from them the order is free shipping. So I did just that. They had every type/brand of Ammo I use at that time. (30-06, 12 Ga and 22 Blazers) Think the order was about $250.00 and the Ammo was still at the prices I have been paying for years now.. Free shipping is a bonus. I doubt I will have to buy Ammo ever again..I was in Canadian Tire New Minas last week. Took a peak at their stock. Nothing that i use and what was on the shelf was quite pricey..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the lifetime supply of 7.62x39 I have is going to get a dent over the next few years. Will be the only center fire I will be able to afford to shoot.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
We'll be lucky to afford to eat,let alone shoot!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've been trying to find .303 British and/or .32 Special ammo off and on for months now. There is none in Nova Scotia at any of the places I've looked. I have 11 rounds of .303 and 16 of .32 left at this point and since the rifles are sighted in I'm good until stores get restocked. Just means no trips to the range. Luckily I got 1,000 rounds of .22 as Bass Pro last summer and already had a few hundred on hand so there's my target shooting supply. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Cabela online sales has Herter’s 303 in 180 GR available, in stock. Plus when I was in CT New Minas last week I think I saw 303 ammo in stock as well. I would call before making a trip however as i looked over their Ammo quickly..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been trying to find .303 British and/or .32 Special ammo off and on for months now. There is none in Nova Scotia at any of the places I've looked. I have 11 rounds of .303 and 16 of .32 left at this point and since the rifles are sighted in I'm good until stores get restocked. Just means no trips to the range. Luckily I got 1,000 rounds of .22 as Bass Pro last summer and already had a few hundred on hand so there's my target shooting supply. :)
Last time I was able to get .32 special was up at Ross's. This was years ago though.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
From up in the Crows nest , fig I chime in .

yrs back few guys laughed when I bought several hundred rounds of .303 Hunting ammo , been asked many times if I 'd sell it , straight out why would I , still have my old #4 Lee Enfield Long Branch my Late fat her gave me 35 yrs ago along with my grandfathers and my son just bought a nice .303 Parker Hale , cou ld not find ammo anywhere and anything he could find was crazy priced , $72 plus tax at CT , The Army Navy in Halifax had some but instore pickup only . He always shipped if needed but now hes holding back for walk in clients .

Anyways , opened my stash up and gave him 3 boxes and said NO FRIGGIN TARGET SHOOTING ! ,Sight it in and good enough . I paid $8 box back when certain store closed up guess that $8 box paid off in the leaner times.

Anyway , time crawl outta the nest and sneak out for some lunch and fresh Coffee and hunker down for the afternoon.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Might sound crazy but have you guys checked your home hardware (s)
I know here when ammo is hard to get people don't even think of them and here Port hood and Whycocomagh used to keep a fair stock in especially 303
Just a thought and worth a phone call

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
SFRC in Ontario is often a good source for ammo. Shipping is reasonable depending on the amount you order.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might sound crazy but have you guys checked your home hardware (s)
I know here when ammo is hard to get people don't even think of them and here Port hood and Whycocomagh used to keep a fair stock in especially 303
Just a thought and worth a phone call
Depends on the Home Hardware, not all of them carry hunting supplies. Whycocomagh literally advertises as an outdoor store.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Depends on the Home Hardware, not all of them carry hunting supplies. Whycocomagh literally advertises as an outdoor store.
Know that thanks which is why I quoted the two here I know do and there is others in NS but there is not a list available and was just trying to help and let others check theirs or ones around them in case
Where do you find the time to respond here in the middle of your very busy working day :p Must be that multi tasking we hear so much about now :D:D Back to veggie watching for me
Cheers

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Know that thanks which is why I quoted the two here I know do and there is others in NS but there is not a list available and was just trying to help and let others check theirs or ones around them in case
Where do you find the time to respond here in the middle of the very busy working day :p
Cheers
Work? Daddy Trudeau takes care of me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts