Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I've been trying to find .303 British and/or .32 Special ammo off and on for months now. There is none in Nova Scotia at any of the places I've looked. I have 11 rounds of .303 and 16 of .32 left at this point and since the rifles are sighted in I'm good until stores get restocked. Just means no trips to the range. Luckily I got 1,000 rounds of .22 as Bass Pro last summer and already had a few hundred on hand so there's my target shooting supply. :)
Have you tried Lequilles, Kelvins, Woods Wise?

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
NOTHING coming down in prices but lumber !!
Lookin at possible getting a new 6.5 Creedmore the past 2 yrs..hemming and hawwing about it..kept looking...wondering..trying to justify it..I love the 6.5 caliber ! Been debating a 6.5 WSM too...still am ffs...lol. I have 2- 6.5x55s here. My Tikka and a Shaw Custom !! Love reloading for them and shooting them. Specific bullet tips for it are RARE AND HARD TO FIND !!!
The X Bolt I was looking at went up over 300 bucks since I started this eyeball journey !!! Had enuff gawking so I pulled the trigger on it and sealed the deal.
Made the trip up to Ross place yesterday to get it.. annnnd picked up a few more accessories as well 😬😬😬
Dammmmmmm he's busy up there...their phone DOESN'T STOP ringing !!! People coming and going...new and used guns being bartered for...ammo sales by the case(s)..they're steady packaging up and shipping stuff...it don't stop. He said the last month was to the point of overwhelming.. it's amazing really ! They've become great friends over the past 30 + yrs.. He's done soo much to support the youth and the shooting sports and, and many clubs have benefited for their generosity. I love ❤ and look forward to my several trips a year up there to see the guys and gals. Means a lot to me and the clubs I support !
**they'll all be dining on fresh haddock tonight 😉😉

·
Registered
741 Posts
Select Shooting Supplies has sent out a similar warning about 2022 and prices.

On one hand, it's not new. Prices have been going up by more than inflation in recent years. The common 10/22 carbine was $260 at CT in Greenwood in 2014, now I see $440 at Cabelas for same model. A "bulk" package of Winchester 223 with 40 rounds has doubled in price between 2015 and 2019 - even before COVID hit (have not seen it for sale anywhere lately). All centerfire rifle calibers were roughly doubling in price in the 5 years prior to COVID. Federal 223 bulk pack of 100 rounds FMJ was $54 at Nova Tactical in fall of 2019, now about $85 at online retailers. So will the history of firearms and ammunition inflation continue into 2022? Likely.

On the other hand, the way to ensure the consumer demand stays hot, is to create warnings like these. Even if they were not true before, they become true when people react and keep up the demand.

I'm all set for many years of hunting ammunition, as it truthfully doesn't consume much of my supply.

For target shooting, I think a person has to be rich to shoot any rifle or handgun other than 22LR, 9MM or 223/5.56. Not sure what's happening with shotgun target rounds but I did see some 100 round Winchester bulk in CT that was still reasonably priced.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Ammo and component shortages are nothing new and go back as far as I can remember
The insane prices today are new and making it impossible for other than the rich or guys with huge stashes to keep shooting
Example I have 12 pounders here of 700x I bought in 2003 when they were going to stop making them. $79.99 on the can
Today to buy the same 700x in one 8 and one 4 pounder is $330 bucks
Cheers

21 - 27 of 27 Posts