Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
A few years ago.… there was not a 308 bullet to be found on the South Shore. I was selling some of my stash, since at that time …. I didn’t own a 308. Now there is tons of it. I’m guessing people who owned 308’s, got rid of them for a caliber that was easier to find ammo for ???? Now, tons of 308 … and very limited 30-06. Starting to see more calibers on the shelf again. Seems to be lots of 30-30 again. CT in B’water has a good supply of 25-06 if anyone is looking. Lots of 270, and 6.5 CM. Even some 410 back on the shelf. 12g is everywhere.… like mentioned …. But getting expensive. I have a box of cheap Remington 12g, that has a price tag of 6.99. That wasn’t that long ago. Now, the cheapest I can find is $19.99 … and will likely keep going up.
I shoot .25-06, BM. It's the only caliber that I own that I haven't worked up a load for. Shot Win Supreme Accubonds and BST out of it to the same POI and grouped 9/16" out of the Tikka, so I never bothered. They don't seem to offer the Accubond in the Supreme anymore.

Never heard of it typo maybe?? 25-06 if so had one in a remingfton 700 and loved the caliper but had to reloasd to find ammo but that was years ago
I'm sure he meant 25-06. I don't ever recall seeing 25-06 ammo in CT.. There must be at least a dozen boxes there. I did do some research on it, and it appears to be a very versatile caliber.

Definitely a typo. Thanks for the heads up! I did stumble into a few boxes of the ballistic silvertips at Dartmouth Basspro pre-pandemic. It's a good flat shooting cartridge and has taken antelope, elk, moose, whitetail and mulies for me!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
So, it looks like I need 210M large rifle primers for my .308 and type 209 shotshell primers for my 12ga. The Gun Dealer has the 209 on sale right now. Haven't found 210M yet but I might get a chance to check flint and steel next weekend.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.