Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am looking to get hold of some wild meat for game pies and the freezer this fall. We are moving to NS from PEI next month and I wanted to check if this is legal? If so how can I obtain it?

We moved to Canada from England five years ago and my grandfather always hunted game birds and deer for the freezer, I’ve missed this since moving.

Thanks
Rebecca

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The only game you are allowed to sell is bear
They kinda turn a blind eye on rabbit.
The rest you either get yourself or are given by someone who harvested it.
Where are you moving to? I know a few people who .might get a few burds, ive got hounds for bunnies, if i get a moose i can share.
This is a great site and better people who at times go outta the way to help someone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you moving to? I know a few people who .might get a few burds, ive got hounds for bunnies, if i get a moose i can share.
This is a great site and better people who at times go outta the way to help someone

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I appreciate this info, we are moving to Lunenburg second week in September.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Agree

Sale or purchase of wildlife carcass
65 Except as provided in an enactment, every person commits an offence who at any time offers or exposes for sale, purchases or offers to purchase the carcass of wildlife or any part thereof. R.S., c. 504, s. 65.

From the General Wildlife Regulations:

Sale or purchase of wildlife

9 (1) Subject to the Act and the regulations made under the Act, any person may sell, expose for sale, offer for sale, process for sale, possess for sale, trade, barter or purchase any wildlife or parts of wildlife taken in accordance with the Act and the regulations made under the Act, except that it shall be an offence to sell, expose for sale, offer for sale, process for sale, possess for sale, trade, barter or purchase any of the following:

(a) the meat of white-tailed deer, moose, bullfrogs, snapping turtles or game birds, unless permitted by regulation or licence;

(b ) the pelts of fur-bearing animals, except to a licensed fur buyer, unless the pelts are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(c) the green hides of white-tailed deer or moose, except to a licensed hide dealer, unless the hides are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(d) the green hides, galls, paws, claws or teeth of a bear, except to a licensed fur buyer, unless the hides, galls, paws, claws or teeth are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(e) the gallbladder of a bear, unless the bear gallbladder is sealed.
Subsection 9(1) replaced: O.I.C. 2006-273, N.S. Reg. 88/2006.

(2) The proprietor or manager of any hotel, inn, restaurant or boarding house may prepare and serve wildlife and have possession of the same if the wildlife is prepared for a registered guest who took it under a valid licence.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you - I guess I’d better get learning how to hunt myself!!

Agree

Sale or purchase of wildlife carcass
65 Except as provided in an enactment, every person commits an offence who at any time offers or exposes for sale, purchases or offers to purchase the carcass of wildlife or any part thereof. R.S., c. 504, s. 65.

From the General Wildlife Regulations:

Sale or purchase of wildlife

9 (1) Subject to the Act and the regulations made under the Act, any person may sell, expose for sale, offer for sale, process for sale, possess for sale, trade, barter or purchase any wildlife or parts of wildlife taken in accordance with the Act and the regulations made under the Act, except that it shall be an offence to sell, expose for sale, offer for sale, process for sale, possess for sale, trade, barter or purchase any of the following:

(a) the meat of white-tailed deer, moose, bullfrogs, snapping turtles or game birds, unless permitted by regulation or licence;

(b ) the pelts of fur-bearing animals, except to a licensed fur buyer, unless the pelts are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(c) the green hides of white-tailed deer or moose, except to a licensed hide dealer, unless the hides are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(d) the green hides, galls, paws, claws or teeth of a bear, except to a licensed fur buyer, unless the hides, galls, paws, claws or teeth are sold to a purchaser for the personal use or purposes of the purchaser;

(e) the gallbladder of a bear, unless the bear gallbladder is sealed.
Subsection 9(1) replaced: O.I.C. 2006-273, N.S. Reg. 88/2006.

(2) The proprietor or manager of any hotel, inn, restaurant or boarding house may prepare and serve wildlife and have possession of the same if the wildlife is prepared for a registered guest who took it under a valid licence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.