Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
Looking for some insight on some places to hunt in queens county and surrounding areas. New to the sport and not sure on places to go. Any help to a new duck hunter would be greatly appreciated.
Since no one has offered any info on this thread lol, your pretty much asking where people go. You may want to look at google earth or maps and do some exploring of some if the water holes. Just my 2 cents…

· Registered
36 Posts
Where you at in Queens Co.? I live in Dartmouth but have a cabin in Cherry Hill just over the county line in Lunenburg Co. I've been looking for spots around there and may make a few trips down this Fall. Ponds just inside of the coastal beaches/barriers seem to hold ducks, but need to be wary of land ownership and distances of course.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where you at in Queens Co.? I live in Dartmouth but have a cabin in Cherry Hill just over the county line in Lunenburg Co. I've been looking for spots around there and may make a few trips down this Fall. Ponds just inside of the coastal beaches/barriers seem to hold ducks, but need to be wary of land ownership and distances of course.
I’m About 10 mins from the cherry hill exit Liverpool way. There is some good hunting down around there I’ve been told. Should hook up for a hunt sometime your down this way.

· Registered
2,127 Posts
I am surprised some people don't take up the offer of an additional duck hunter to tag along. It's not deer hunting. The more people you have the more shooting you get to do, also more people to carry all the decoys and other crap you need. Maybe more people are wary now with Covid to meet strangers and yet maybe there are other reasons. Duck hunting usually goes downhill after day one in my experience in NS. The sky blasters smarten those ducks up pretty quick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts