Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

R-PAL REGISTRY

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  3macs1 
#1 ·
What's going to happen to the gun registry now where handguns are not to be transferred now. long guns have been as well, shouldn't be any need for all those employees now just sitting around. should be soon seeing big lay offs happening soon.

#2 · (Edited)
Nothing will happen to it since it is just a small part of what they do plus we still haver to keep our Rpals active if we own handguns and they have to maintain the data base
as owners die or pass them in and many will do that as this drags on The new work they got for required reference numbers for all firearm sales alone has them buried plus a percentage of the staff are agency employees and don't hold positions. They are actually hiring not laying off. It was 800.000 per year for non restricted before this new reference number change went into place that they got involved with for various reasons i.e. checking the buyers pal etc etc etc
Only 45,000-50,000 transfers a year for handguns on average vs now with every gun needing a reference number they have more work than they have people to do it and I would guess it is millions a year now
Cheers

#3 ·
I hope that the gullible Canadians that believed the freeze on handguns will keep them safer, have noticed that the shootings have NOT slowed down one iota !! Anywhere !

#4 ·
I hope the handgun shootings increase in Canada so much, it makes Trudeaus head spin. LEGALLY OWNED HANDGUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM !!!. Why is that so hard for the turd to figure out ??? Fentanyl deaths are at an all time high. How is Trudeau’s approach at keeping illegal drugs off the street, working out for him ??? Oh right …. He’s not doing a damn thing about it. He wants to make those drugs legal !!!! That’s how fekked up that piece of shit is.

#5 · (Edited)
I hope the handgun shootings increase in Canada so much, it makes Trudeaus head spin. LEGALLY OWNED HANDGUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM !!!. Why is that so hard for the turd to figure out ??? Fentanyl deaths are at an all time high. How is Trudeau’s approach at keeping illegal drugs off the street, working out for him ??? Oh right …. He’s not doing a damn thing about it. He wants to make those drugs legal !!!! That’s how fekked up that piece of shit is.
Think what you are saying. So they can come and get them all now with ZERO compensation vs having them and allowed to use them until we die and once again this is NOT JUSTIN he is just doing what the MAJORITY of canadian voters WANT to gain votes.
Blame ME , YOU and all gun owners for not joining together to attack this 50 years ago when handguns started to become BAD and most GUN owners did nothing over those 50 years to fight so we deserve it since MOST GUN OWNERS believe it or not don't care if handguns are gone and cannot even understand why we want one. In fact many want them gone
Plus I think now that there is a standard national recording requirements for chimes with handguns we are all going to get a shock just how many are legal that are used since right now NO ONE knows those numbers regardless what some gun owners think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.