Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over to Truro yesterday to "Hunt Indoor Range" with the 22 Ruger MK11. put 100 rounds down range. Main purpose was to try out my new Hi- Viz front site, worked great, showed up nice inside the range,, only had one jam out of 100, one more than I would of liked. Purchased a can of G96 Gun Treatment, I always try to buy a little something to support local business. Gordon and staff are great people as well. Range is well kept up. I try to get there at least once a week. Showed me a Canuck 410 pump, fine looking shotgun for the price as well. Great supply of cleaning supplies in stock, brushes, rods, cleaners, kits,, all good

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
great stuff Alan ! You won't regret getting the G96. ;)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The more ranges the better, more people involved growing the sport of shooting is always a good thing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For sure but he may have regrets if he gets the Canuck
Cheers
Yea , I prefer American made guns myself, with the exception of Browning made in Belgium. I'm told by a few 410 owners that ammo is very hard to come by,, who would of ever thought that 20 years ago,,lol

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Yea , I prefer American made guns myself, with the exception of Browning made in Belgium. I'm told by a few 410 owners that ammo is very hard to come by,, who would of ever thought that 20 years ago,,lol
Me too :)
I have always reloaded the 410 so it was never an issue for me
I have a few 410 wingmasters, 1100's and one express so yes a bit spoiled when it comes to pumps in them. Also a NIB bps 410 which I just bought to complete the set of bps when I collected shotguns in sets
The bps doesn't fit me right but the wingmasters fit like a glove and I have sent some wingmaster barrels to briley years back to have choke tubes fitted but still have their original fixed barrels also. I think two are skeet and one is full
I owned a mossberg 500 410 also for a short period of time I bought new but kept comparing it to the wingtmasters so it had to go :) Very loose and not very smooth IMO
Cheers

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
Yeah...410 is wayyy up there ! It's now 40 bucks difference between a flat of Winchester Sporting AA's in 12 ga and the same shell in 410 ga.
There's Double the friggen shot and powder in the 12 ga shells !!!! All about the gouge I figure.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For sure but he may have regrets if he gets the Canuck
Cheers
Over to Truro yesterday to "Hunt Indoor Range" with the 22 Ruger MK11. put 100 rounds down range. Main purpose was to try out my new Hi- Viz front site, worked great, showed up nice inside the range,, only had one jam out of 100, one more than I would of liked. Purchased a can of G96 Gun Treatment, I always try to buy a little something to support local business. Gordon and staff are great people as well. Range is well kept up. I try to get there at least once a week. Showed me a Canuck 410 pump, fine looking shotgun for the price as well. Great supply of cleaning supplies in stock, brushes, rods, cleaners, kits,, all good
I still have that slack in the barrel to frame rock back and forth, not alot but noticeable. when I remove the barrel the yoke on the lower has a shiny spot on it. For some reason it must be wearing there. I took a piece of tin foil and shimmed it up and tight as a kitten, so not wore alot by that. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse. Any suggestions on a remedy for it?

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
Promised 2 of my grandsons ( 10 and 16) a day at the range to try their hand a some clays. Yesterday was the day. Stopped into Hnatiuks to show the boys the store and let em see the gear and taxidermy mounts there. Also to get a couple boxes of clays, we grabbed some tick spray, (( you know.. 😉 😉 .JIC ) and lo & behold...something I've been looking for, for a long..long time ! A real nice , robust, beautiful camo folding stool, round swivel top, side pockets...very well built too ! Last one, the on display model..Couldn't pass it up. Told young Doug...SOLD !

I also Like doing the buy local thing too whenever we can. Thanks for the deal Doug !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts