Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Razorbacks Work..

45K views 488 replies 57 participants last post by  rasorbackqq 
#1 ·
hey all, i just wanted to say how happy i am with the euro mount that steve did for me... great price an great work.... thanks again bud.

See less See more
#482 ·
Couple weeks ago during the wind storm the pheasant coop door lock was blown off and 9 5hens and 4 males escaped . . Managed to catch 1 male and the others are mostly around . One was seen 3 kms away. Well yesterday wife comes home and a male who was in the driveway ran across the highway . On his way back he was killed . I heard the car and looked to see the male on the road kicking. Well might as well mount him tomorrow. Today I mounted him .
Pics of that process to follow.

#483 ·
So here we go.
All birds have a featherless centre line down their breast. Just have to move the feathers around to find it .
Wood Road surface Soil Art Linens

Rear legs cut off at the knee and tail cut from the popes nose and peeled down.
Wood Natural material Feather Bird Galliformes

Nose string installed . Without this the head will never go back down the neck skin tunnel.
Textile Temple Road surface City Gas

Wings cut at body and pulled down to the head
Natural material Meat Wood Turkey Building

Very little skinning with a knife on a bird . Mostly down with just fingers to pull the membrane. Pic show some damage from car.
Head Leg Human body Wrist Human leg

And repaired

Human body Plant Wood Grass Wrist

One wind pulled through. Then meat removed and dusted with borax
Jaw Ingredient Wood Scar Snout

Wings and legs pulled through
Wood Window Gas Art Door

Pulled slowly down to the nose. Big hole in head skin . Started as a small one but the head was too large for the neck skin

Food Vertebrate Cuisine Animal product Dish

Head cut off at base of skull brain , meat, eyes removed . More borax . Add clay to eye sockets and fill in brain cavity. Make up a neck and hot melt glue into the cavity

Road surface Floor Wood Asphalt Cuisine

#484 ·
Remove as much flesh and fat from bird skin . Add lots of borax. Use the string on the nose to pull head back through. Sew up all holes and install wing wires and leg wires. Sew up the body and position. This was supposed to be my mount but after I closed the bird I realized I forgot to install a body wire to attach to a wall plaque. So plan B.... a customer wanted a bird flying (hanging from a string ) in front of a mounted reaching cat I did a couple years ago. So plan B it is.
Still need to get the bird feathers in track and lined as best I can.
Wood Art Hat Engineering Machine

Wood Art Engineering Hat Market

#486 ·
Remove as much flesh and fat from bird skin . Add lots of borax. Use the string on the nose to pull head back through. Sew up all holes and install wing wires and leg wires. Sew up the body and position. This was supposed to be my mount but after I closed the bird I realized I forgot to install a body wire to attach to a wall plaque. So plan B.... a customer wanted a bird flying (hanging from a string ) in front of a mounted reaching cat I did a couple years ago. So plan B it is.
Still need to get the bird feathers in track and lined as best I can.
View attachment 103985
View attachment 103986 t
Lots of work there! Looks good.