Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talking with Kevin the other day about putting a new pad on my 725 sporting for me .we got talking about the pad jig he uses to grind the new pad to fit the stock . being interested I looked the jig up on line .said to my self I can make that . so text Kevin again and he take the time to do all measurements of his which is a factory made miles gilbert jig . following is what I came up with built with hand tools and hand held power tools . click thumbnails to in large

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Saw one on Gun-Post for sale $40.00 Thought was a good buy, but if you can make one that makes it special, show us the pad after it's installed,, be nice to see the end results

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
That is a great looking jig Rembolt, should work out well for you.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Saw one on Gun-Post for sale $40.00 Thought was a good buy, but if you can make one that makes it special, show us the pad after it's installed,, be nice to see the end results
$40 is a great deal .they are twice that plus on amazon . Kevin will be doing the install of my new pad as he has experience doing them . have seen several he has done for him self and they look and fit perfect . the new pad is a .6" thick pachmayr decelorator old english pad . I went with the .6" pad . as I am trying to shorten length of pull without cutting the stock .

·
Registered
635 Posts
I had one put on a few years back, worst job done ever, I still have it hanging on my basement wall to always remine me to never again. I should of taken pics of it and showed it. ,,,

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that is the whole point of the jig . the angle can be set so pad when ground will follow the lines of the stock at the comb and at the toe .

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put my pad jig to use yesterday . I installed a new pad on my waterfowl gun . the pad is a pachmayr decelerator .8" thick pad . there is a couple flaws but over all a descent job for a first go .

Attachments

Reactions: Winchester94

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
👍👍👍👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts