Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Masks do make a difference if everybody does it, especially when combined with keeping your distance and hand washing.

Having said that, my wife and I have pretty much stopped wearing them now. When so few people wear them yours isn't likely to save you. Come the next wave in the fall/winter we may go back to masking though since the mask also helps protect some against simple colds and flu.

Like Buckmark I often wonder when I see a person alone on the street wearing a mask. I prefer to think they left it on absentmindedly as opposed to their being cookoo for coaco puffs. 馃槉

Registered
Stats don鈥檛 lie and the stats for Nova Scotia clearly show the more vaccines you had the more apt you are to get covid AND the more likely you will be hospitalized and or die. Most of the deaths in the past few months were people with three shots.
THATS WHY ALL THE MANDATES ARE GOING AWAY.
I'd love to let this one go but just can't! By far the large majority of Nova Scotians that died, and continue dying weekly, from Covid were/are older and many, many of those had other complicating health issues. Most older folks got all the shots they could as quickly as they could.
So, old people die from Covid far more often than younger people AND older people were more likely to have multiple shots. Hence, Yes, many people dying lately did have 3 shots. BUT, having more shots of vaccine doesn't kill you. Covid/flu/pneumonia and old age can kill you though.

Registered
There a fair number of the super rich at Davos every year. Gates has put his foot in his mouth a few times but I do not believe he is the anti Christ. Now, if you told me Bezos and Musk were the ones to worry about.....then I probably agree.

On the population thing, problem is, Gates isn't wrong! There are too damm many people on earth!
Think of the earth like a lifeboat. There is room for only just so many in the boat before it sinks and everyone drowns! That's what is happening to the earth and is going to happen to all the people on it except it will be starving to death in a fiery hell for many. May take a few hundred years but earth will become uninhabitable unless mankind takes severe measures, and very quickly, to stop greenhouse gas emissions, pollution in general and reduce population growth to a sustainable level. Among other things I'm not thinking of. That doesn't mean killing off people with viruses, wars etcetera. It means encouraging lower birth rates (and including better health care for everyone on earth) so that the resources will last that much longer.

My two cents. Cheery right?

Registered
So what you are saying ... is that Bill Gates experiment is working as he hoped it would. Eliminating the elderly, as they are a liability to our healthcare system.... and are not contributing to society anymore. Like I said ... he should be hung for crimes against humanity.
OK. Some Microsoft products are crap but gee whiz they aren't that bad!!!!!!!!!

Registered
I'd like to point out to everyone that you cannot look at a single statistic on any topic and expect to get the complete and correct story. The real world simply does not work that way. Well politics does but then who trusts a politician. ;) When a single aspect of something changes for better or worse it is dangerous to draw a firm conclusion without looking at ALL factors.

Registered
The biggest problem with the vaccines, as I see it, was that politicians and many high level public health officials told the public around the world that they would be bullet proof and life would quickly go back to the old normal once everyone was vaccinated. Total bullcrap.

Is the flu vaccine 100% effective? No. Shingles vaccine? Not to my knowledge. Do older folks who have had a flu shot die from flu every single year? Yes. So why did anyone ever believe that a vaccine against what is basically a new type of flu/cold be 100% effective for 100% of the population? Because people were scared and wanted to believe. Public officials were trying to maintain calm and said things and made promises they shouldn't have.

Registered
When covid first started back in January of 2020 I kept saying "Its just another flu and will go away in the spring." Well, I changed my tune when everybody and his dog started dying from it! The last "flu" this deadly was in 1918-1920. Even then, I don't recall ever reading about survivors of the Spanish flu having lasting symptoms like some do from covid. They either died or didn't and recovered from Spanish flu from what I've read.
That's why many are still willing to wear masks etcetera. They're just not comfortable rolling the dice on whether they get it and die or get it and keep it for an extended period.
Sorry to hear about anyone having long term side effects. Hope they all get better with time! Could have been any one of us.
I tested positive with a rapid test back in early June. Was tired out with a bit of a fever and head cold like symptoms for about two weeks but I'm lucky and it cleared right up.

Registered
I see this back and forth between opinions on the vaccine as a waste of time at this point. Honestly, neither side can 100% prove that we would be better, or worse off, without the vaccines for covid. Its impossible. I think you can draw some likely conclusions but since the data available is not presented in a consistent manner around the world and even within countries it comes down to what people choose to believe for themselves.

Registered
More and more people here locally now have the rona !! My BIL and his family all have it...he was admitted to hospital night before last...couldn't breathe at all...he's still in there ! 7 deaths again last week...I can almost see another lockdown comin this fall /winter
It could happen for sure but I think it is unlikely now. After all the crap in Ottawa last winter/spring and some of the aholes still driving around with Canadian flags flapping from their vehicles (protesting what the hell I honestly don't know) I think most jurisdictions will resist unless and until the health care system is truly 100% full and many people start dying as a result. That's the only way most people would be onboard with another lock down.
Now on the other hand, I can easily see mask mandates, occupant restrictions and possibly shutting down things like gyms and public pools temporarily being brought back in when and if cases spike and especially if a new strain is really deadly.

Registered
You're in denial Joe. These vaccines are killing people. It's just not my opinion. Take the liberal glasses off and look at some news articles that are not politically swayed.
Its sad but IMO it is almost impossible to find anything written on any subject that's not biased in some way. That's human nature, to try to convince the "other side" that one's own view is the right one.
Like you, I question many things about the pandemic, though mainly the inconsistencies in the story and the grandiose claims made about what the vaccines would be capable of.

Registered
I MAKE YOU SMILE ?????????????.......?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said S A D - period no S on the end not SADS - SADS is a sickness people whom are alive suffer from S A D is sudden adult death. Big difference maybe you have a reading problem as well as hearing trouble. What you posted really made me laugh esp where it says people with SADS should get vaxed cause if it were people who died suddenly - like why give a dead person a vaccine! Maybe you think even the dead need it you know help increase the percentage of those vaccinated.
The person鈥檚 I referred to in the post you quoted DID NOT HAVE SADS. They died suddenly for no apparent reason and no medical explanation and were perfectly healthy and in good physical condition. The number of unexplained deaths in persons under 60 in good health has increased dramatically since the covid vaccines came out. There are numerous things happening in this world in connection with covid and the vaccines you will never hear on the news. If it all went public there would be civil uprising in almost every country in this world鈥 maybe even in Canada where the people suck up and believe everything their politicians and main stream media tell them.
So I did the good old Google search on the and could not find anything on S A D. The search returned SADS instead. However, included in the search results was this item -
As to seemingly perfectly healthy younger adults dying unexpectedly. I have personally heard of cases beginning when I was about 16 when a guy about 20, who had been working construction two doors down from where we were building a house in Moncton, dropped dead playing baseball one Sunday afternoon. These deaths always seem to be heart related and come without prior warning. It has happened to a few big time young sports figures over the years. Nothing diagnosed and then they drop dead.
Been going on probably since time began I expect.
Could be related to covid. Could be related to someone or some group wanting to make a big thing by twisting statistics. Could be related to vaccines. Could simply be a normal (though terribly small) item on the list of things that kills humans. I'm going with the last one.
Honestly, the way things are going these days, unless I compiled the data myself I trust virtually nothing. Growing up one of my best friends would always ask me "Do you believe everything you read?" The older I get the more I know he was far wiser as a teenager than he had any right to be. Interestingly, he became a programmer and worked for CSIS for years, and may still for that matter. I haven't seen him in years.

Registered
IMO, the truth is, no one knows 100% for certain who the vaccines will protect and who may as well not bother taking them because it won't make any difference if and when they do catch covid. Think about the annual flu vaccine which is for the same sort of viruses. Appears to help many people but flu still kills thousands of older folks every years and a few young people as well.
It is impossible to say with certainty that we, as a large group, would be better or worse off without the vaccines. There is simply no way for anyone on earth to run a test/trial to prove that. Cant be done.
I've stopped wearing a mask for now. Won't bother with another booster until the next round if there is one or late this fall. I had covid so between the shots and having it I figure I'm as safe as I can be for now. The next round or flare up I may change my tune though.
Everyone has to do and believe for themselves and their loved ones I guess. I just worry that some see both ducks (not decoys) and wood floating and conclude that ducks therefore are made of wood.

Registered
Kinda of a waste of time here, except for a few here the large majority drank the kook aid. Hard to believe so many people love and trust the government on this topic.
"Love and Trust" is not how I would describe my ,or anyone else's on the forum here, opinion of any level of government anywhere in the world. No elected official can ever be truly trusted IMO.
The best I can hope for is that most of the health professionals (doctors) still remember the oaths they took and therefore are passing on their honest and true beliefs regarding covid and its vaccines. Clearly that is not the case with several I can think of in Canada and the USA.

Registered
E]

:p:p
The book has blank pages which is why I am sending it to buckmark
He will be able to read and understand it :D:D
Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If it were real it would be as bad as a book on Ethics written by Brian Mulroney or "Honesty in the Presidency" written by Richard Nixon or Donald Trump. :)

Registered
It wouldn't matter who ran against Trudeau ... the Lib supporters always finds a reason why he can't beat him. Libs realize that Poiliever is a legit challenger, and they are afraid he might upset the corrupt apple cart.
Yea. He'll flip theirs over and build his own corrupt cart selling slightly used ARs.
Mark my words - He and the CPCs are no different than Liberals in the end. And Mr. P is not the saviour. He's just a slick talking liar like all the rest.
Yes. I'm jaded. But I'm realistic!

Registered
The CPC could beat the Liberals. But to do it they will have to move closer to the middle of politics.
Too many Canadians look to the US and see the crazy shit the right wing Republicans are doing now and are justified in being frightened and repulsed. Canadians, especially women I think you will find,
do not want to risk that kind of thing happening here.
Personally, I believe we are watching the beginning of the fall of the USA. Republicans do not even believe in democracy any more making them on par with Soviets in my eyes. If they don't smarten up quick it will end in civil war.

Registered
I am certainly not saying he will be any better than any other corrupt politician, but Canada needs a change and we need it fast. Trudeau is bankrupting us as we speak. That's what happens when you print money.
You're not wrong there! I get that we had to support people that couldn't work during the pandemic.. But, I object to giving gobs if cash to big corporations. They hose consumers and then the moment profits start to fall they demand that all us average Joes give them money. Air Canada is a classic example, as are Sobeys and Super Store.
And the "government" helped them steal from us! Not that I believe the CPCs would have done any better.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts