Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what model Remington this is, there are no identifying markers on it as to the model or really the make, only thing on the barrel is 30-06 stamp with nitro proof stamped underneath it and what looks like a star. any idea on how to identify what model/make it is? It also has a metal buttpad with the flip open tab like on the old lee Enfielf 303. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Comfort Air gun Textile Wood Shotgun
Wood Air gun Shotgun Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Hardwood Shotgun
Wood Rectangle Beige Couch Hardwood

·
Registered
17,024 Posts

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
It looks like a modified P14 to me, but, I'm no expert. I believe I once read somewhere that Remington manufactured some of those back then.
yep with a similar stock for sure but not sure on that action I thought the p14 had a lot of metal over the bolt but not sure

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Note from the above info that a star in a circle is a Winchester mark to indicate who made the part as Rem, Eddystone and Winchester were all manufacturing these rifles for the Rem. company at the time. They needed a method to indicate who made each part of these rifles. The letter W indicates Winchester, E indicates Eddystone and as you have guessed R indicates Remington.

*Winchester had issues with the interchangeability of its parts with other Win rifles. It wasn't worked out until Jan of 1918. In order to segregate the early rifles, it was ordered that they be marked with the star stamp.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts