Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My good old Bogs Rubber boots that I bought from Hnatiuk's damn near 6 Years ago now are pretty much on their way out the door. I know Bogs has a Lifetime Warranty to some extent but if I'm going to fork out the cash on a new pair of boots, they'll need to be warmer. And before we get into it, I know this topic gets beat to death every year, so I'm going to layout some ground rules to keep it straight馃槒:

I'm looking for a new pair of hunting boots. Must be rubber, I end up in too many wet areas for lace-up no matter how waterproof they are. Has to be at least 800g of insulation. I was dead set on the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro's but, Basspro is sold out of my size and they're backordered online. After discussion with some Deer trackers from Maine, I'd love to get a set of the Lacrosse Burly's in 800g but I can't find anyone local that carries them, and I'd like to try them on beforehand. Almost picked up a set of the Irish Setter Mudtrek 800gs the other day but after reading some of the reviews online I'm a little hesitant.

Anyone have any of the boots mentioned above? Or anyone have any other recommendations for a boot that's warm for sitting, but lightweight for walking through the woods?

Oh and before anyone mentions it, I already have a pair of Dunlops....Not sure how some of you can walk around all day in those馃槤

Thanks in advance for your input!

Registered
what size burly's. There is some sizes in stock at sail

Don't know if they are anything like lacrosse rubber boots I own but if so normally made small and I have to go up a size
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size burly's. There is some sizes in stock at sail

Don't know if they are anything like lacrosse rubber boots I own but if so normally made small and I have to go up a size
Cheers
Funny enough, I'm usually a size 11 but when I tried them on they were way too big. 10s are what I need in the Pros. I'll take a peak at Sail. Thanks for the suggestion 3macs!

Registered
Funny enough, I'm usually a size 11 but when I tried them on they were way too big. 10s are what I need in the Pros. I'll take a peak at Sail. Thanks for the suggestion 3macs!
Mine are an older design and as tight as hell at the ankles. Looks like you missed a good deal on them at cabelas wonder of the store has any left

Take care

Registered
Screw neoprene boots, I have a pair for early season and all they do is cause my feet to sweat. Then your feet are wet and will get cold. Also neoprene boots take forever to dry. Get a pair of rubbers with removable liner. I have a pair of HH that do the trick, will get a pair of NAT's when they wear out.

Registered
Well, My good old Bogs Rubber boots that I bought from Hnatiuk's damn near 6 Years ago now are pretty much on their way out the door. I know Bogs has a Lifetime Warranty to some extent but if I'm going to fork out the cash on a new pair of boots, they'll need to be warmer. And before we get into it, I know this topic gets beat to death every year, so I'm going to layout some ground rules to keep it straight馃槒:

I'm looking for a new pair of hunting boots. Must be rubber, I end up in too many wet areas for lace-up no matter how waterproof they are. Has to be at least 800g of insulation. I was dead set on the Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro's but, Basspro is sold out of my size and they're backordered online. After discussion with some Deer trackers from Maine, I'd love to get a set of the Lacrosse Burly's in 800g but I can't find anyone local that carries them, and I'd like to try them on beforehand. Almost picked up a set of the Irish Setter Mudtrek 800gs the other day but after reading some of the reviews online I'm a little hesitant.

Anyone have any of the boots mentioned above? Or anyone have any other recommendations for a boot that's warm for sitting, but lightweight for walking through the woods?

Oh and before anyone mentions it, I already have a pair of Dunlops....Not sure how some of you can walk around all day in those馃槤

Thanks in advance for your input!
I have these Muck Arctic Sport and they are great! Definitely recommend. Footwear Shoe Boot Riding boot Font

Registered
been looking forever and can never find a boot that meets the demands - tried everything from tall moccassins to pak boots to hikers to rubber/neoprene.
Thinking youre on the right track with the Burlys - I liked them when I had them for not too slippery sole, waterproofness and somewhat suppport for uneven ground & carrying loaded packs. The insides rotted out from sweat though.
Had a Cabelas brand that did same thing. Mucks keep my feet warm & have somewhat support but I need a walking stick when crossing brooks, wet rocks -SLIPPERY.
I tried the newer Dunlop Purofort (Marks & Rainbow have them) but they hurt my feet so returned them.

Hope you find a solution, WM - best of luck with the deer this year.

Registered
I have spent a lot of money over the years on rubber hunting boots. Same old storey on every pair 鈥 they crack after a couple years. I still have a pair that I still use, even though each boot has 2 patches on them. Mostly wear my lace up Irish Setters. 1200 grams of Thinsulate and are every bit as water proof as rubber.

GREYBEARD
Same here, lace up Irish Setters 800 g of thinsulate and another pair that are 1200.
Rubber boots I had were either too heavy, unsupportive, or leaked.
I have issues with my knees so it maybe different for me.

Reactions: WoodsMaster

Registered
This comes up a lot. I just buy a pair of the kamik鈥檚 ( the heavier one). The key to dry warm feet is simple. Put insoles in under the liners and DO NOT WEAR COTTON SOCKS! Feet stay warm and dry. Plus I always have extra liners.

Reactions: WoodsMaster

Registered
Kamik gor me too
Ive got 3 sets of liners, the newest ones only get worn when ill be sitting for a bit. The others get rotated with boot #4 cut as to add bottom insulation.
The best $50 i could spend because if my left foot get cold and wet im done as it wont carry my weight, old "football" injury lol. (Pedestrian vs car and i wasnt the car)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts