·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are your 22 's sighted in for- for distances 50, 75 yards or maybe less

I know there is a 2 inch drop at 75 yds

what about ammo -lets stick to long rifle-stingers, subsonics, traditional

what is everyone using for a scope

what would be the best scope for a 22 and reasonably priced- not overkill -after all everything is usually shot less than 50 yds

thinking of upgrading a couple of my 22's

looking forward to hearing about your setup

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I have a bushnell banner 1.5-4.5 shotgun scope on my rem 597. Perfect little hunting scope. Can't remember what it is sighted in for, 50 I think.it is sighted for federal bulk ammo but I just bought a few hundred Remington yellow jackets to try. I also have a new Nikon prostaff rimfire bdc 150 I haven't got around to trying yet. Good excuse to buy another .22 lol. Come to think of it, I have a spare new banner like the one I have mounted as well.Gotta get a hold of myself lol.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I like my 22 sighted in for 50 yds. As for a scope, I'm a fan of the ones made for 22's...either Tacso or Bushnell and they normally come with the rings. Pretty simple and inexpensive but it works pretty good.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I tried a 3-9x40 and a 6-18 X 50 on one of my bolt actions and a 64B semi...there's NO room for a scope of that magnitude on the 22LR....LOL

I've since used a fixed 4 power wide angle on a few of my 22's. Sighted in @ 50 yds...it's a great rabbit getter, and target plinker !

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I like my 22 sighted in for 50 yds. As for a scope, I'm a fan of the ones made for 22's...either Tacso or Bushnell and they normally come with the rings. Pretty simple and inexpensive but it works pretty good.
Rimfire and shotgun scopes are both set parallax free at 50 yds. Mind you, some shotgun scopes are set at 75.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
.22 = 50yds

with the 3x9 @50 = headshots on grouse (in NB .. :))

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a 4x9x40 mm Bushnell trophy on a 22 LR rifle that is sighted for 100 m. This works well for target practice but I think I would use a lesser power sighted for 50 yards for hunting.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
3-9 on mine and I can't actually be sure what it's at right now. I change mine depending what I'm shooting. Only takes me a minute or two to get it dialled in at whatever range in using. Sometimes I go out plinking with friends at 100m, sometimes even 200m which conveniently for me if I max the elevation dial it's just about right!

But once bunny season hits I usually just dial it in for about 25m or so.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I only hunt rabbits with mine and sight in to 15 or 20 yards (never did measure it). Have never missed what I'm shooting at following this. I prefer a 4 power wide angle scope. great setup for a bush gun for rabbits IMO. Your setup would certainly depend on what you using it for I suppose.

·
GREYBEARD
2,904 Posts
I have a Marlin 60 with a 1-4 sighted for 50 yards and a Lakefield Mark 2 with a 3-9 also sighted for 50 yards.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nomad when it comes to the guns and gun cabinet we are of the same mind! sigh tweet, tweet :rolleyes:

seems like most use a variable power ,I have one on my older Winchester which I enjoy, deadly under 50yds (never had to make a longer shot)

I bought a couple 22's with scopes and these are the older scopes that are mounted on paper clips i am sure

oh and I can't forget the haze and the paralax is the first thing you notice so definetly upgrading to variable power

I like plinking so be great to shoot out to 100 yds

also

does anyone have a single bolt action with a scope

I have an older 22 ,it is full size rifle that I inherited, it sits in my cabinet

is there a use that would be more fitting for this gun

It has no scope on it , I was pondering maybe this gun would be more accurate than a semi at longer ranges?

thinking about getting rid of it unless I can find use for it, if I keep it, I will have to throw a scope on it ????

is it worth it ????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts