Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Administrator
(y) 馃

Registered
Yes you are right Kevin ,,but we all started out with a no rating,, it is a gamble for sure, get phone #,call them, talk to them, try every tactic out there known to man, like I said before I bought and sold and shipped and must say never got shafted as of yet, am I just lucky, maybe, or did my homework before I sent any money. Hard to get shafted on hand guns where they are registered and must be approved and verified, that's what I miss about the long guns, you had something to go by as well,, as we all know how that went and ended up. That was misused so bad by the CFO that it had to go. I sold a 303 British and while doing the transfer over the phone when the idiot from the CFO asked me to identify the symbols on the barrel. never had a clue what they were or what they all meant, I believe she was serious as well,
LOL
Yep and I would have missed some beautiful guns that I got from new members with zero feedback or transactions vs walter's method
But hey to each their own
I do it a bit different if no feedback, posts etc
I ask them for their name, address and phone number and check that out and give them a call and have a chat. The info you can link with the name and address on google is normally there
Most times one can tell by talking to them what they are like
I also ask if they are on any other forums with feedback like gun broker etc and most are on e-bay and one can see a lot about them there. I also ask if there are any other members on nutz etc that know them that I can contact and have done that
Pretty much eliminates the bad ones and allows me to safely buy from new members zero feedback etc
Must work since I have never had a bad gun transaction and did quite a few
Just my 2 cents
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My motto as well !!
[
Yep and I would have missed some beautiful guns that I got from new members with zero feedback or transactions vs walter's method
But hey to each their own
I do it a bit different if no feedback, posts etc
I ask them for their name, address and phone number and check that out and give them a call and have a chat. The info you can link with the name and address on google is normally there
Most times one can tell by talking to them what they are like
I also ask if they are on any other forums with feedback and most are on e-bay and one can see a lot about them there. I also ask if there are any other members on nutz etc that know them that I can contact and have done that
Pretty much eliminates the bad ones
Just my 2 cents
Cheers
One thing you stated a while back was it is harder to sell locally. However its people in other provinces that now see some as a an opportunity to buy, and then markup and resell in there's. In this case that what this dude did, or was trying to do. I had checked his profile, all 5 star transactions, but not any more. The sale is not what bothers me its that he initiated 3 people into his little plan to get the firearm, one being a good friend. I don't believe in screwing people over. My friend who was dragged into this was not happy that he had dropped what he was doing to help this idiot with the transaction. If for some reason you change your mind, be honest and up front. Its actually funny how many inquiries have been on this rifle all three times listed. Its like the little gun that does not want to leave :) Time to take it down, deer season is coming, it may be the secret weapon for the big one.

Registered
One thing you stated a while back was it is harder to sell locally. However its people in other provinces that now see some as a an opportunity to buy, and then markup and resell in there's. In this case that what this dude did, or was trying to do. I had checked his profile, all 5 star transactions, but not any more. The sale is not what bothers me its that he initiated 3 people into his little plan to get the firearm, one being a good friend. I don't believe in screwing people over. My friend who was dragged into this was not happy that he had dropped what he was doing to help this idiot with the transaction. If for some reason you change your mind, be honest and up front. Its actually funny how many inquiries have been on this rifle all three times listed. Its like the little gun that does not want to leave :) Time to take it down, deer season is coming, it may be the secret weapon for the big one.
I have not sold a gun locally in maybe 15 years wait now sorry one on this site and it was not 100% smooth and it was NIB with a NIB scope.
He was pissed because I didnot include rings. Well dude I said it very clear in the listing I didnot have them
If I want no issues and a quick sale to get what I want for a gun I use NUTZ PERIOD and it is rare it is not gone in the first few hours. Never more than a day
Not a fan of gun post either from what I have been seeing there but hey to each their own
If you want to get what your levers are worth you are going to have to ship and sell on a place like NUTZ IMO
When I first joined I could sell them there for you and you would just ship from your place and I would send you the money but they stopped that
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have not sold a gun locally in maybe 15 years wait now sorry one on this site and it was not 100% smooth and it was NIB with a NIB scope.
He was pissed because I didnot include rings. Well dude I said it very clear in the listing I didnot have them
If I want no issues and a quick sale to get what I want for a gun I use NUTZ PERIOD and it is rare it is not gone in the first few hours. Never more than a day
Not a fan of gun post either from what I have been seeing there but hey to each their own
If you want to get what your levers are worth you are going to have to ship and sell on a place like NUTZ IMO
When I first joined I could sell them there for you and you would just ship from your place and I would send you the money but they stopped that
Cheers
What I find interesting today is many people say locals cannot afford to buy the firearms here. They are priced the lowest of all provinces. The funny thing is during the pandemic it appears people have endless money coming out there butts to buy RV's, vehicles, and properties etc. Gun post is just to many gun flippers. The ones I have sold (not many) was quick. One pretty well knew after only a couple e-mails. I think I had fifteen from the last ass wipe.

Registered
I think Gunpost is mostly all flippers now. The odd one selling pappy鈥檚 old Winchester. If I can find a good buy 鈥 I do the same. Buy it and flip it. My most recent was a Winchester 94. Buddy wanted 700 for it 鈥 I offered 600 and he took it. Made 500 off of that rifle. Almost doubled my money In the matter of a couple weeks.

Registered
I think that is the big difference with NUTZ. Yes they may sell pappy's old winchester but they also sure know what they are going for in today's market so hard to buy and flip
Cheers

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think that is the big difference with NUTZ. Yes they may sell pappy's old winchester but they also sure know what they are going for in today's market so hard to buy and flip
Cheers
Thats where I stand. If you buy a rifle in the past five years I find it hard to re coupe the money. You know what there worth and you can only go so low. If you have something older then you did not spend top dollar as compared to today, and one usually makes money. The 35 I was selling was 5 years old, never used. Cost $899 plus tax and shipping as it was not the base model. It had $50.00 mounts, $200 scope, $40.00 sling. So really out the door I spent about $1300, but $900 was to much? What is $900 today?

Administrator
899 more than I got !!

Registered
I鈥檝e sold on couple guns on gunpost the last 3 years roughly, and bought 5-6 different guns. Never had any bad interactions all pretty good. And all local sales. I mean there鈥檚 tire kickers trying to get a smoking deal offering 1/2 or what you鈥檙e selling it for. I mostly just infinite those offers. Only issue I ever encountered was looking to buy adds or WTB. You鈥檒l get Indian scammers voluntarily sending drivers license and Pal from some random person they claim to be in Canada. So I鈥檒l messaged that person on Facebook, and said he got scammed a couple weeks back by this Indian scammer crowed. They used a computer generated number but refused to call only email or text. So just told them to shove it and what they were doing was despicable

Administrator
The onus is always on YOU...due diligence is the required normalcy for all these transactions !!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
The onus is always on YOU...due diligence is the required normalcy for all these transactions !!
Found out the ass wipe seen another firearm he liked better, that was the reason for not responding. He did not contact the vendor either. That's the type. What's the problem of just telling someone you changed your mind instead of being greasy. Kind of makes me wonder if the passwords were not to work in the first place. Really had about as much as I can take with flakes looking to spin profits. By the way the ass is calling all over Nova Scotia to find deals, be careful folks. Richard Bourdon (Savage 13)

21 - 35 of 35 Posts