Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 473 Posts

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day we have all waited patiently for has come.

Libs proposed an amendment to Bill C-21, currently before a House of Commons committee, was tabled today that will ban all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns capable of accepting an external magazine.

Gets them out of paying for OIC guns. I figure its going to be hard to collect the 1 million plus sks out there though.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
You know I think you guys want all semi's gone
Yep they were all gone in may of 2020 also you guys were saying and Joe said Nope well once again you have 1/2 it right and Joe says Nope again
NONE of my shotguns are originally designed for mags or my rifle semi's designed or factory supplied with more than 5 round mags. In fact cannot buy another larger one for them if I wanted to
Yes there are 22 guns identified and sks is one. I will get the list later which I am sure is more than 22 once they get into the varients
NOT all When are you guys going to get it they don't want grandpa's old goose gun or thundersticks levers. Also this has been discussed and in the works for over a year now started when they missed the sks in the first round actually
The actual amendment

That Bill C-21, in Clause 1, be amended by adding after line 15 on page 1 the following:

•(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

This amendment also contains a list of firearms specifically identified by name, including the Simonov SKS and all variants, of which 22 are listed by name.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
All I can find so far
  • SKS
  • IWI Tavor & X-95
  • all AR180 and variants
  • Canuck bullpup shotguns
  • Crusader Arms
  • Kel-Tec Sub2000 (and others)
  • JR Carbine
  • Kriss Vector
  • Ruger PC Carbine
  • GSG 16
  • GSG 15
  • Norinco T97 NSR
  • Benelli MR1
  • Benelli M4
  • all B&T models
Do I think semi shotguns will be hit 100% but all tactical ones and not even a lot of them if I read this right

But sorry what would one expect buying such in 2022 knowing what is going on if they do hit shotguns

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know I think you guys want all semi's gone
Yep they were all gone in may of 2020 also you guys were saying and Joe said Nope well once again you have 1/2 it right and Joe says Nope again
NONE of my shotguns are originally designed for mags or my rifle semi's designed or factory supplied with more than 5 round mags. In fact cannot buy another larger one for them if I wanted to
Yes there are 22 guns identified and sks is one. I will get the list later which I am sure is more than 22 once they get into the varients
NOT all When are you guys going to get it they don't want grandpa's old goose gun or thundersticks levers. Also this has been discussed and in the works for over a year now started when they missed the sks in the first round actually
The actual amendment

That Bill C-21, in Clause 1, be amended by adding after line 15 on page 1 the following:

•(g) a firearm that is a rifle or shotgun, that is capable of discharging centre-fire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and that is designed to accept a detachable cartridge magazine with a capacity greater than five cartridges of the type for which the firearm was originally designed

This amendment also contains a list of firearms specifically identified by name, including the Simonov SKS and all variants, of which 22 are listed by name.
Your remmy 7400 10 round mags are commonly available, if they can say that a .22 LR in plastic is an AR then your remmy doesn't stand much of a chance.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Your remmy 7400 10 round mags are commonly available, if they can say that a .22 LR in plastic is an AR then your remmy doesn't stand much of a chance.
Ya Ok
Any bets??? getting tired of this BS so should at least try to make some money off it . I only do cash:p

Plus at this stage of my life I cannot change it and they say average buy back will be 1000 so come with 40 grand and take them all save me a fortunate in boxing and shipping some day
Have lots of pumps still
Not going to worry about something I have zero control over and will not happen anyway to the extent you believe

Oh yes I have never seen a 10 round here but know they exist non factory and are also banned in this bill so hard to put one in my 7400 and use it legally your thinking they are scrapping the truck because it has the wrong size tires installed on it
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

You guys think we will all be buying guns from the lever man some day after all ours are gone:p and only levers remain :)
Since guess what is next :oops:
Next amendment will include all bolt action rifles capable of shooting groups of 5 under 20 MOA.... because if the groups are too tight and now "military grade sniper rifles"

· Registered
17,701 Posts
You know thinking about this coming back from coffee and if you believe NOTHING I do believe even Justin knows no one would be stupid enough to take a 7400 and commit a crime with it the way they cycle in the wrong hands. Most are single shots at best
Cheers

· Registered
46 Posts
Ive never seen a semi auto shotgun with a clip until today.Didnt know they existed.Magine using that puppy for ducks🙄I get so tired of the fear mongering,its got to the point where i cant even listen to the radio or watch the news anymore because it frustrates me to an extreme.Covid,fuel prices,carbon tax,gun bans,violence,racism,food prices,healthcare it never ends.So many always trying to stir the pot of negativity.
Imagine how great it would be to watch the news and it was actually positive news instead of all the other shat.People flock to this stuff,cant get enough of the bad news drama.I cant get far enough away from it.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Ive never seen a semi auto shotgun with a clip until today.Didnt know they existed.Magine using that puppy for ducks🙄I get so tired of the fear mongering,its got to the point where i cant even listen to the radio or watch the news anymore because it frustrates me to an extreme.Covid,fuel prices,carbon tax,gun bans,violence,racism,food prices,healthcare it never ends.So many always trying to stir the pot of negativity.
Imagine how great it would be to watch the news and it was actually positive news instead of all the other shat.People flock to this stuff,cant get enough of the bad news drama.I cant get far enough away from it.
Makes two of us. In 1965 ( and I know I have said this here 5000 times and to those that are going to say different now.NO it is not) was told not to buy one of those new 1100 remingtons that came out in 63 since semi's were being banned
Well didnot listen and still have it 57 years later and can still legally use it in 2022
Like I said I think gun owners want them banned what is left so everyone can suffer like they did if they had black rifles that got banned. I'm sorry but we knew they were a gray area when we bought those unlike true designed hunting semi's like 7400
take care

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Hey now leave my single shot rifles alone!

Dont go giving them ideas
:p:p
I don't think they are too concerned with you from your rabbit stores to care what you owned and may even give you a m16 to hit a few :p:p
Garlic is bagged hope you like garlic:D:D
I have two and 1/2 5 gallon pails left over this year which hurts me big time like 2 grand from not selling out which is next years seed and fertilizer money
Just no money around plain and simple. I even have them listed NOW for 1.00 each and normally sell out at 3.00 every year :( and no takers

· Registered
17,701 Posts
I think if you asked Justin what he thought about 7400, he would probably tell you that is a reasonable price for one night in a hotel in a far off land...........
I will ask him the next time he stops in front of my place :) like he did when Liam was carving my stump with a chain saw a few years ago and that is the truth. Justin doesn't know one gun from another and could not careless about any of them it is others making those decisions for him and the liberals who are listening to the voters and those like
the École Polytechnique group

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh so you know that also:D:D Then again you are on the canadian nickel so may have an inside track:p
Here is the joke the guy with 42 yes two are AR's and going so will have 40 left is not concerned at all yet those with more than likely NONE are upset
That is priceless
If you think the gov't are buying every semi auto I got ocean front property in Sask to sell you.

They will all be safe queens IMO.

· Registered
905 Posts
I agree 100%!!!!!
Maybe its always been like this and I missed it but damm, to me it seems far, far worse now!

1 - 20 of 473 Posts