Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
621 - 640 of 649 Posts

· Registered
18,887 Posts
I think we can read into this to see where handguns are going in the future :(
Reply from Liberal MP Lloyd Longfield
This is a reply from one of my letters about Bill C21. Curious what he means by 'business owned handguns'. Do they expect businesses to start a loaner program?

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important issue. Currently, handguns are the weapon of choice for most gun and gang violence. The measures proposed in Bill C-21 does not ban handguns outright, but caps the amount of them within Canada by preventing individuals from buying, selling, and transferring handguns within the country.
This legislation is not aimed at punishing law abiding gun owners who purchase their firearms legally, store them securely, and use them responsibly. For example, sport shooters can rest assured that we will not eliminate sport shooting nor prohibit new sport shooting enthusiasts from using business-owned handguns.
Instead, this bill is aimed at making our communities safer by restricting firearm access to those involved in acts of domestic violence or criminal harassment, such as stalking. C-21 includes measures such as a red flag system that would prevent someone who is subject to a restraining order from having a firearm or a firearms license until they prove they no longer pose a threat. This is a vital step towards ensuring victims of intimate partner violence and gender based violence feel safe and protected. Moreover, these measures are also vital to protecting those at risk of suicide who may attempt to harm themselves with a handgun.
While domestically sourced handguns put communities at risk, I'd be remiss not to acknowledge the role illegal handguns play. Bill C-21 also introduces new measures to fight gun smuggling and trafficking such as increasing the maximum criminal penalty for smuggling from 10 to 14 years, providing more tools for law enforcement to investigate firearms crimes, and strengthening border security measures. This year, our government seized more illegal guns than in the last two years combined. In addition, our government also plans to pursue social programming to address the root causes of gun violence by investing $250M into the Building Safer Communities fund.
I recently spoke in the House of Commons about these measures, an you can read/watch my speech here: Lloyd Longfield Delivers Speech on Gun Control — Lloyd Longfield
These are the measures that chiefs of police, families of survivors, doctors, and advocates have been asking us to take, and they build on the many concrete actions we have already taken. Ultimately, these laws are following through on campaign commitments that the government made to combat gun violence.

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Sounds like something "Un-true-doh" would say. He is just another puppet. Gun clubs will soon be a thing of the past. Nobody will have handguns, and the sport will be lost, because of a bunch of uneducated snowflakes and a corrupt government.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
The clubs that don't set up to store handguns will be toast 100% which is just my gut feeling where this is all going for years now. They kind of slipped this out way back in the old pre long gun registry days and wanted to do it then
yep all the boys were saying my club is too poor or no club will do that until they seen the money the feds were looking giving them to create this storage and they will this time also They will have a choice accept the money and store or close
IMO it will be this or some crazy form of storage to keep them at home that no one can break into and the PC reversing the handgun freeze not going to happen
Still waiting for my 8.00 plastic shipment to arrive quite a story there I will share later :(

· Registered
5,363 Posts
The clubs that don't set up to store handguns will be toast 100% which is just my gut feeling where this is all going for years now. They kind of slipped this out way back in the old pre long gun registry days and wanted to do it then
yep all the boys were saying my club is too poor or no club will do that until they seen the money the feds were looking giving them to create this storage and they will this time also They will have a choice accept the money and store or close
IMO it will be this or some crazy form of storage to keep them at home that no one can break into and the PC reversing the handgun freeze not going to happen
Still waiting for my 8.00 plastic shipment to arrive quite a story there I will share later :(
Sure would be interesting in rural areas where clubs that house the RCMP would close. The police chief warned the liberals that the tax payer would be on the hook then for buying existing clubs or build new ones for there yearly training. Maybe by next year our property taxes can be raised yet again to do this. 😀 This year only 50% of our club members renewed.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Sure would be interesting in rural areas where clubs that house the RCMP would close. The police chief warned the liberals that the tax payer would be on the hook then for buying existing clubs or build new ones for there yearly training. Maybe by next year our property taxes can be raised yet again to do this. 😀 This year only 50% of our club members renewed.
My guess the government would build a brand new club for just police use as you say and they could not careless that we the tax payer pay the bill It will be for our safety remember :rolleyes:

· Registered
3,789 Posts
Violent crime (in Canada) has gone up 32%, and gang related homicides (in Canada) have gone up 92% since the Turd took over in 2015. If people think the measures he is taking on “gun control”, is to keep Canadians safer, I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale. He has an agenda, and it has nothing to do with keeping Canadians safer. The POS is once again dancing on the graves of those killed in the latest mass shooting that left 10 dead. The news only reports these mass shootings. Mass shootings happen ever day in the US. … but they don’t report the ones that involve gangs shooting each other up. Agenda people … agenda. Can you imagine if creepy, Pedo Joe banned AR15’s in the US ???? That would be a death sentence for him, and he knows it.… well maybe not …. He has no clue where he is half the time.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
What's wrong with what I said ??? Pierre Poiliever is going to eradicate the problem. I see nothing wrong with that statement. I just didn't word it that way. 😄
Did I say there was:) I know what you were talking about Just beware others could take that as someone is going to assassinate him:( Think of every possible interpretation and angle known to man even if bizzare prior to posting since as I say above to try and keep peace here

621 - 640 of 649 Posts