Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
121 - 140 of 467 Posts

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Perhaps Tony ... you should check out the description of the GSG. Small game hunting plinking and target shooting. Looks should have nothing to do with it. That's a liberal thing. Scary looking gun. It's a 22 with different clothes. And yes that is the problem. Trudeau has people convinced that scary looking guns are more dangerous than those regular looking guns used for hunting. And the general public suck that up like crazy.

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Like talking to a wall Joe> perhaps you should read more buckman
Here walter I can add also :) yep designed as rabbit guns

German Sport Guns entry into the modern rimfire rifle category, the new GSG pays homage to a classic modern military rifle in a non-restricted rimfire configuration. Featuring all the classic elements of the ISSC MK22 SCAR, with a new enhanced buttstock!  This rifle also uses the commonly available magazines already on the market as used by the ISSC!

first SCAR rifles went to end users in US Special Operation Forces. Since US SOCOM uses Navy-type "mark" designations, SCAR rifles were officially designated as 5.56mm Rifle Mark 16 (SCAR-L / Light) and 7.62mm Rifle Mark 17 (SCAR-H / Heavy).
The ISSC-(Modern Sporting Rifle) MK22 is a clone of the FN SCAR, a popular military service rifle.

· Registered
46 Posts
OK buddy! What the hell??? I was not trying to be sarcastic, call you out, etcetera. Just pointing out which guns I am personally concerned about. There is no reason for a personal attack like this!
OK buddy! What the hell??? I was not trying to be sarcastic, call you out, etcetera. Just pointing out which guns I am personally concerned about. There is no reason for a personal attack like this!
Just ignore it.You have to appreciate where comments like these are coming from.

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Yes joe. It's people like you that are part of the problem as well. Every liberal voter is part of the problem
Glad you have someone toi blame but best look in the mirror first
People like me that have been into guns BIG time since age 8 FFS most here never even had a prohib licence, even held what we owned legally like full autos or had a gun banned and taken but sure can say we are part of the problem what a joke even my old bud 3D who is like me with what he owned/ owns now sees the light and has to do what is right for him as I did and proper to do so at this stage. I almost cried for him when he listed some of his handguns he sold but also knew he bwas doing the right thing
Liberals, ndp cpc all the same now
Ya people like me that can see the real world in canada in 2022 with respect to firearms ( not saying I like or agree with it but have to accept it since I sure cannot change it ) since I don't have my head up my ass or dream or think like chicken little
It is simple want to keep your guns buy and keep what doesn't fall within their ban requirements.
Sure worked for me and save me over 60 going for rebar getting rid of them before it happened
The big problem with you guys is you cannot accept we are f'ked and they will take what you have in these groups if you don't move them before it is too late
Have not played this game for so long and not got wise to them. in the end I had/ have way too much money at stake to gamble knowing I will lose in the end
At this stage time for me to turn the page and I have and move on and enjoy what I have left as long as I can since I will never close the book
But hey to each their own since they are your guns to lose

· Registered
3,892 Posts
Does not take long for the insults to take place here once again and clearly shows once again how chitt goes side ways on here when stuff like this comes up . I see what our friend Nomad was getting at very clearly and to as why He has found other forums to express his views without retoric on every Comment or Opinion .

Yes I was going post about this mornings hunt in the Chronicles , but I'll skip and go back to the weeds for a while or take my ball and bat or what ever smart remark will come up .

I'll keep my comments and thoughts to myself on the topic and otbers since it's hard for some to actually act adult like without resorting to whatever means they seem fit .

Good night .

· Registered
17,692 Posts
We are men Walter not little girls and men are born to disagree and fight especially when firearms are the topic Some with a lot of bacon in the pan to lose , many worried what is next their guns so one can understand the sideways here if they take a minute to think about others
Ed is full grown last time I seen him :) and can make his decisions as he sees fit. Hope he enjoys his new forums. This place will live on without ed, you and I included
Would love to know however where this exists on a gun form sure not nutz where he participates or any I do
express his views without retoric on every Comment or Opinion
take care

· Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for posting but this is the same list before this last amendment started in may of 2020 or sure looks like it. One would have to be some kind of genus to see what new was added last week if they are even there yet tried to go over it and never seen one of grandpa's semi goose guns or my 7400 but could have missed it but of course CCSR as always say all semi's just like they said 2 1/2 years ago all shotguns over 20 mm were banned to help with their membership drive
just went through it again and cannot even find the sks which we know has been added help me if you see it
This looks like old stuff to me
Font Number Parallel Screenshot Circle

Search helps with finding what you're looking for. SKS are on the list.

· Registered
422 Posts
Ah, sometimes it's good to just lurk and refrain from weighing in. Apparently we may as well all vote Liberal in the next election, not likely. I wonder if the Cape will go red again? I have owned MANY firearms, the fewest of which were shotguns, however, no need to divulge the actual number. Some things are best left unsaid, nonetheless, it pains me to see them stripped away from law abiding, taxpaying citizens based on appearance. It doesn't surprise me as values and traditions are shunned. There was civil disobedience when the registry came in, many didn't comply. It wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't happen again. Not good.

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
RUDE AND VULGAR REMARKS AND PERSONAL ATTACKING WONT BE TOLLERATED CHILDREN !!!!
CIVILITY OR LOCKDOWN..UP TO YOU !!

· Registered
17,692 Posts
View attachment 98995
Search helps with finding what you're looking for. SKS are on the list.
Thank you. for the help. I was just using my old eyes. So if this is complete no 1000's added like some said and the big one no old grandpa semi shotguns or remington 7400 or bars like others said and the sad part once again the CCFR lying to us like they did in may of 2020 when they told us all out shotguns over 20mm bore were gone
Sad when those we pay to help us just upsetting gun owners when they say something like this which is not even close to being true and pure BS. The CC FR as a result will lose more pissed members just like they did last time
I quote
This will effectively mean the end of all semi-automatic long guns in Canada, at least while the current coalition government remains in power.

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Ah, sometimes it's good to just lurk and refrain from weighing in. Apparently we may as well all vote Liberal in the next election, not likely. I wonder if EASTERN CANADA will go red again? I have owned MANY firearms, the fewest of which were shotguns, however, no need to divulge the actual number. Some things are best left unsaid, nonetheless, it pains me to see them stripped away from law abiding, taxpaying citizens based on appearance. It doesn't surprise me as values and traditions are shunned. There was civil disobedience when the registry came in, many didn't comply. It wouldn't surprise me if that doesn't happen again. Not good.
Fixed it for you and who cares what the cape does it has a couple of seats two isn't it which means NOTHING. Don't comply not like they care but best not get caught out using one or one may have more than losing it and a fine their pal revoked and lose the ability to even own a gun. It is no right in canada.
Always tough talk but in the end most give in always have

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Boy I was thinking the other day this site is great now, everyone is now getting along :) . When it comes to hunting, firearms, etc this site should you would think have members united when its obvisous by now that they want all firearms. I see so many changes that effects everyone from Canada Post, couriers, ordering parts like a wood stock :), businesses having ammunition bought out from under them etc. Your fire arm does not even have to be on a list anymore. We should be supporting one another and not divided, not so willing to call it quits and rule out any hope for change. After all this is a hunting site where you would expect to see people with the same interests.

· Registered
17,692 Posts
Boy I was thinking the other day this site is great now, everyone is now getting along :) . When it comes to hunting, firearms, etc this site should you would think have members united when its obvisous by now that they want all firearms. I see so many changes that effects everyone from Canada Post, couriers, ordering parts like a wood stock :), businesses having ammunition bought out from under them etc. Your fire arm does not even have to be on a list anymore. We should be supporting one another and not divided, not so willing to call it quits and rule out any hope for change. After all this is a hunting site where you would expect to see people with the same interests.
It is one heated topic nothing more nothing less and 95% of the time we do get along just fine
People have to stop taking it personnel since it is not and accept the fact that not everyone always agrees just because they own guns or hunt or the dream that all gun owners should be joined at the hip since we have not been for 20 years It is nothing more than a fantasy to think that will happen in 2022 Not Everyone here was smart like you and only collects levers which are safe and will die with you
You would think different if your levers were all sks or models on the banned list believe me
On calling it quits , no one is doing that , some are just facing reality and adapting what they own to suit the new laws like them or not trying to protect their investment while still worth something before all our scary looking guns are gone but sorry when one horse is out of the barn and killed on the side of the road closing the door is useless for him and now we are trying to fix the door trying to keep the only horse you have left alive and scary looking horses are not worth keeping
One has to accept they are on their own here and have to do themselves what ever it takes to protect their investment in guns and dreaming a new government will do it for you one might as well cut them up now
just my useless take
Cheers

· GREYBEARD
3,310 Posts
I skimmed through the list and was surprised to see the Ruger No1.
22's just because they look like scary black rifles.
A list complied by people that don't know how to discern what they are looking at.

· Registered
17,692 Posts
I skimmed through the list and was surprised to see the Ruger No1.
22's just because they look like scary black rifles.
A list complied by people that don't know how to discern what they are looking at.
It was only the ruger 1 only that fall within the calipers of the 10,000 joules of muzzle energy prohibition like a 460 I Have to look again in case that changed

· Registered
17,692 Posts
There is also a HUGE part of this no one has even mentioned. One thinks ammo stock or lack of it and prices are crazy now just wait many it is impossible for them to exist since they sold all black guns or high percentage of handguns
Part of the government plan to close as many as they can IMHO

How will firearm retailers survive these bans?

· Registered
5,073 Posts
It is one heated topic nothing more nothing less and 95% of the time we do get along just fine
People have to stop taking it personnel since it is not and accept the fact that not everyone always agrees just because they own guns or hunt or the dream that all gun owners should be joined at the hip since we have not been for 20 years It is nothing more than a fantasy to think that will happen in 2022 Not Everyone here was smart like you and only collects levers which are safe and will die with you
You would think different if your levers were all sks or models on the banned list believe me
On calling it quits , no one is doing that , some are just facing reality and adapting what they own to suit the new laws like them or not trying to protect their investment while still worth something before all our scary looking guns are gone but sorry when one horse is out of the barn and killed on the side of the road closing the door is useless for him and now we are trying to fix the door trying to keep the only horse you have left alive and scary looking horses are not worth keeping
One has to accept they are on their own here and have to do themselves what ever it takes to protect their investment in guns and dreaming a new government will do it for you one might as well cut them up now
just my useless take
Cheers
3maccs I am not thinking differently just because I have lever actions, I am thinking about all fire arms that legal law abiding gun owners own. I wonder if you were 25 again and hunting would your view be different. Your like the old dog with not fight left:) The site of Trudeaus smirk face alone makes my blood boil.

· Registered
121 Posts
Everything Trudeau Jr does makes much more sense when you know his father was also a communist, went to communist rallies in China, was a close friend of MAO, Castro family, and was on the US watchlist for suspected communists. If the liberal party doesn’t get removed next election this country IMO is doomed. Capitalism be gone and the ginmie dats win and destroy everything

I can’t look at him or hear him for 1 second, neither freeland, a failed journalist that somehow is in charge of a G7 countries finances now

· Registered
17,692 Posts
3maccs I am not thinking differently just because I have lever actions, I am thinking about all fire arms that legal law abiding gun owners own. I wonder if you were 25 again and hunting would your view be different. Your like the old dog with not fight left:) The site of Trudeaus smirk face alone makes my blood boil.
Hunting has nothing to do with it. Just being 25 and own guns . Target shooters and collectors spend way more money on guns than hunters and own a hell of a lot more of them on average

Sure being 25 would because I would have no experience with how all of this went down over the last 55 years , know nothing about all of the promises that were made to us and NONE were ever kept and would not listen to any of the old people ( like me now) anyway that know the truth and would think they are just old lazy , useless FUDDS and part of the problem
And at 25 they can take on king kong and the government and beat/change it or old PP will save the day for them. I say fill your boots here is the torch

Well I am a old dog one that know he has to take care of his own gun collection not based on what he wants to own but based on what he thinks he will be allowed to own in the future and so far 100% right in the last 12 years looking at what I sold vs what I kept. So I lose two AR's and two handguns so far which I knew I should not have kept but got good money for dozens of others that would be locked up now and banned
I am at a stage in my life to only put energy into things I have a chance to win or change and this gun ban is not one of those

121 - 140 of 467 Posts