Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting for a rear stock (wood) for a Marlin 336. I have a notice in the tracking info that the order has an exemption, being held by customs, no other details. Anyone got any ideas. Shipment is from Bronells.

· Registered
2,823 Posts
Ive been trying to get brass replacement/upgrade pieces for my h&r rifle for 6months. Trigger guard, forestock spacer, and barrel band, seems they are controlled items under itar classification system. Emailing 4 different US government agencies trying to get it sorted out is mind numbing to say the least.
At least this last guy knows what im referring to as he's shot one but doesn't think it falls under his jurisdiction, maybe department of commerce.

It could be some person thinks it falls under the restricted class of Itar and is holding it up for further investigation.

· Registered
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been trying to get brass replacement/upgrade pieces for my h&r rifle for 6months. Trigger guard, forestock spacer, and barrel band, seems they are controlled items under itar classification system. Emailing 4 different US government agencies trying to get it sorted out is mind numbing to say the least.
At least this last guy knows what im referring to as he's shot one but doesn't think it falls under his jurisdiction, maybe department of commerce.

It could be some person thinks it falls under the restricted class of Itar and is holding it up for further investigation.
Last time I went through this someone in Quebec sent it back two times. Jeepers its a piece of wood.

· Registered
17,701 Posts
Been waiting for a rear stock (wood) for a Marlin 336. I have a notice in the tracking info that the order has an exemption, being held by customs, no other details. Anyone got any ideas. Shipment is from Bronells.
Yep it is a rifle stock and they love to hold those and even send them back some times since they unlike a shotgun stock are under different rules
All you can do is wait and see I have seen some sit there 6 months :( some sent back :(
the good news xmas is coming so normally they will start moving this stuff out tone way or the other o get ready for the boom of packages coming

· Registered
17,701 Posts

yep rifle itar even wood until 2020 I think or it was planned to become EAR the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) for some stuff but not all . but I maybe wrong and department of commerce. shotgun items

· Registered
2,823 Posts
That might apply but they will also fit most 99% h&r rifles as well. Plus they are under 50cal or could be used on one under 50cal
The trigger guard and forestock spacer could fit any single shot firearm
The barrel band is interchangeable with 6 to 8 models

If i had to ship these pieces they'd be gone as sample pieces

· Registered
17,701 Posts
That might apply but they will also fit most 99% h&r rifles as well. Plus they are under 50cal or could be used on one under 50cal
The trigger guard and forestock spacer could fit any single shot firearm
The barrel band is interchangeable with 6 to 8 models

If i had to ship these pieces they'd be gone as sample pieces
Honestly it makes no difference how many models they fit it is what group ITAR and the shipper put them under and sadly there is no Might
Black and white with those dudes when they class a part. If it was made for a shotgun but also can be used on a m16 you are not getting it
Be careful shipping any gun parts to the us especially as sample pieces never heard that one before but sure would not want to be caught doing it. from what I remember as a canadian you need some pretty hefty expensive licenses and permits to do so which is why I have never even tried even once over all these years.
Read this on the yank side

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
They held 2 of my last 3 boyds stocks for 3 weeks...takes em that long to put the customs stickers on so you can pay more duty and taxes !!

· Registered
3,895 Posts
Last Boyds Stock took 2 weeks from order placement to delivery , only for it to show up and no pillar bedding as ordered , Emailed Boyds with pics and second stock arrived in 5 days with Return label for first one . It got sent back to me and once again emailed Boyds to say it got returned to me . Boyd's said keep it , not worth the hassle going thru U.S customs again and again

· Registered
17,701 Posts
It is the luck of the draw some they push right through others they hold for weeks or months but reading all the complaints on nutz especially since the hand gun freeze went into place up here they have slowed down to a crawl with firearm related stuff trying to figure out what they can still release or some say

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
Last Boyds Stock took 2 weeks from order placement to delivery , only for it to show up and no pillar bedding as ordered , Emailed Boyds with pics and second stock arrived in 5 days with Return label for first one . It got sent back to me and once again emailed Boyds to say it got returned to me . Boyd's said keep it , not worth the hassle going thru U.S customs again and again
We had some inexcusable finish issues with my daughters stock ( stock # 3 ) ! Took pics and sent them to Boyds, took em a few days to acknowledge me. I questioned their QC for missing such mistakes. Big apology from them..bla..bla..bla.. don't know how it slipped by..bla..bla..bla..
they told me to cut the stock in two pcs rendering it useless, THEN and ONLY then would they issue me a warranty replacement...so I did. Sent them the proof pics...and waited...and waited..almost 5 weeks and not a peep ! so I emailed them again and asked what's going on and why such a delay ?
My lucky day...they were in the process of shipping it right then and there. They did. 2 weeks later and it arrived. I opened it...Holy jumped up FN Jes** chr$^*^ ...the finish on this one is worse !! UN F%%^ING BELIEVEABLE !!!
Once again..more pics of the deep scratches on the grip...the top 1 1/2 inches of the edge of the barrel channel had NO finish on it whatsoever !!!!! Dents in the laquer finish right on the side pillars...very...VERY noticeable ! Like...really ?? seriously ????
I was at a loss for words ( well, almost once I got my tongue back in my yap) another nasty gram was sent...once again the sob story of new employees and bla bla this and that.
I told them I'm no longer interested in another 6 weeks of waiting for seconds or thirds from the finish department...I wanted a refund and they could send a prepaid box and slip for it..reimburse my time and gas and I'd ship it to them. Took em another 4 days to respond and 2-3 weeks for my credit to appear. They said they didn't want the stock back because of the hassle of customs...I told them they couldn't sell it anyways lookin like that ! She said...you're probably right !
I've ordered somewhere between 17 and 20 stocks from Boyd's in my lifetime. This one was the absolute worst I've ever seen ! ...and I have ordered several seconds too. NO comparision.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
We had some inexcusable finish issues with my daughters stock ( stock # 3 ) ! Took pics and sent them to Boyds, took em a few days to acknowledge me. I questioned their QC for missing such mistakes. Big apology from them..bla..bla..bla.. don't know how it slipped by..bla..bla..bla..
they told me to cut the stock in two pcs rendering it useless, THEN and ONLY then would they issue me a warranty replacement...so I did. Sent them the proof pics...and waited...and waited..almost 5 weeks and not a peep ! so I emailed them again and asked what's going on and why such a delay ?
My lucky day...they were in the process of shipping it right then and there. They did. 2 weeks later and it arrived. I opened it...Holy jumped up FN Jes** chr$^*^ ...the finish on this one is worse !! UN F%%^ING BELIEVEABLE !!!
Once again..more pics of the deep scratches on the grip...the top 1 1/2 inches of the edge of the barrel channel had NO finish on it whatsoever !!!!! Dents in the laquer finish right on the side pillars...very...VERY noticeable ! Like...really ?? seriously ????
I was at a loss for words ( well, almost once I got my tongue back in my yap) another nasty gram was sent...once again the sob story of new employees and bla bla this and that.
I told them I'm no longer interested in another 6 weeks of waiting for seconds or thirds from the finish department...I wanted a refund and they could send a prepaid box and slip for it..reimburse my time and gas and I'd ship it to them. Took em another 4 days to respond and 2-3 weeks for my credit to appear. They said they didn't want the stock back because of the hassle of customs...I told them they couldn't sell it anyways lookin like that ! She said...you're probably right !
I've ordered somewhere between 17 and 20 stocks from Boyd's in my lifetime. This one was the absolute worst I've ever seen ! ...and I have ordered several seconds too. NO comparision.
I must have lucked out then , cause after I ordered this Thumbhole stock , This is about 8 th time I heard of horrible service and QC on Boy'ds stocks . Plus they simply appologized and said keep the one to use till new one arrives . Trust me first thing I checked was finish and have the pillar bed as requested . Fitting took mild sanding on barrel channel , no biggie . Those wait times are terrible to get that resolved Kevin , my tongue would be blue as well from all that .

· Registered
17,701 Posts
I have little to no experience buying from Boyds but have read some complaints on quality lately on nuitz
Most of my stocks came from OEM 's or Numrich and the Numrich would be beat many times but I discovered they were all new old stock and sitting some 30 years so I grew to expect it since many one could never find any where like the last one a stock set for a 28ga high standard pump action
In the end all of my stocks were made by a guy out west. One would send a sample and he would rough them out and I would do the finishing
A bit more money yes but no customs or duty charges to worry about
One of a set of three he made for some 7600

Finished

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
7600...lol..puttin them stocks on that is the equivalent of puttin lipstick on a pig...lmao

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
I can finally DO some shipping...LOL

I just received the OK from NS CFO to ship my last restricted pistol to AB. Loooong Process for this one... started in mid September.

Since that one got started, I sold my 92 / FS locally before the freeze deadline...started that one in mid October.
While I was on the phone with the CFC, getting my second reference #, I asked about my earlier transfer to AB...she had the info right there in front of her, she said It was cleared by the CFC in Miramachi, and was in the hands of the CFO in AB ! There's a BIG BACK LOG there ! We're still doing early sept transactions !!
Then, 3-4 weeks ago, I got the local clearance OK from NS CFO end of October for my local deal. .meantime, I was always letting the guy in AB know any updates on my other stuff. Glad it's finally done for this poor guy. I honestly don't know if I'd have had the patience ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts