Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late last week, a good friend of mine had one of his Llamas shot and killed by an unknown person.

A jet black Llama...wearing a bridle...in a farm field surrounded by a 4-strand barbwire fence...No Hunting signs every 50 feet or so...within 300 yards of a residence...off of a government roadway...and after dark (by the light of the moon).

Wanna know how many laws that person broke?...Pretty much ALL OF THEM !! :angry:

To the piece of crap that pulled the trigger...You shouldn't own firearms.

Accidentally on purpose, or simply on purpose...You shouldn't own firearms.

This happened in the Tatamagouche area of Colchester County.

If you're one of the multitude of 'road warriors' who frequent the area, park your truck (way, way , WAY away from this particular area) and learn to hunt.

EVERY hunter gets tarred by the same brush that these cretins deserve.

Anyone with information, whether hearsay or fact, please PM me and it will get passed along to the proper authority.

Thank you.

· Registered
149 Posts
Yes this is what gives all us hunters a bad name.There is no excuse for shooting anything other than what you are hunting,if you can't identify what you are shooting don't shoot.

Who ever did this should loose all hunting rights,firearm rights,their truck/car/atv, be fined and made to replace the animal shot (by giving the owner enough money to buy a replacement and have it delivered to farm).They should also be made to face the family face to face so it is hammered home what they did.

· Registered
399 Posts
Unfortunately this is not the single incident this year. One of the members of our local gun club had his purebred GSP shot recently here in Lunenburg County. His two dogs ran off his large property and did not return, a few days later the dog was found along the road a few kms away shot in the chest point blank according to the owner. The second dog a pure bread German Shepard had not returned as of the time of the article in the Bridgewater Progress Bulletin last week. Sickening to least the least.

· Registered
5,316 Posts
Late last week, a good friend of mine had one of his Llamas shot and killed by an unknown person.

A jet black Llama...wearing a bridle...in a farm field surrounded by a 4-strand barbwire fence...No Hunting signs every 50 feet or so...within 300 yards of a residence...off of a government roadway...and after dark (by the light of the moon).

Wanna know how many laws that person broke?...Pretty much ALL OF THEM !! :angry:

To the piece of crap that pulled the trigger...You shouldn't own firearms.

Accidentally on purpose, or simply on purpose...You shouldn't own firearms.

This happened in the Tatamagouche area of Colchester County.

If you're one of the multitude of 'road warriors' who frequent the area, park your truck (way, way , WAY away from this particular area) and learn to hunt.

EVERY hunter gets tarred by the same brush that these cretins deserve.

Anyone with information, whether hearsay or fact, please PM me and it will get passed along to the proper authority.

Thank you.
Yah Bob know about that stuff, what's worse is when you ask just the day before to hunt a farmers property and simular a jet black cow gets shot in a fenced of area. Guess who looks very very bad. Took months in the small community before folks were caught, not me. Young licenced hunters, who let it be known at a party. Nothing as far as I know could be done, farmer lost $$$$$. No hunters allowed there anymore.

· Registered
700 Posts
Who the heck gets enjoyment out of that? I don't enjoy killing a deer let alone a freaking llama! (I enjoy the hunting part, not the death part...just to be clear)

· Registered
325 Posts
Absolutely no excuse. Day or night.....how do you mistake a black llama for a deer or even a bear for that matter ?? Hunters get enough bad publicity. We certainly don't need a bunch of Yahoo's running around with guns and shooting things. I can't see how this was an honest mistake. Personal vendetta ?? Who knows ??

· Registered
3,001 Posts
I too wish we could draw a clear line between hunter and idiot, but unfortunatly, it is hunters who are doing these terrible things. And we need to become more poactive when it comes to reporting it. Its not acceptable and everyone needs to make an effort with weeding these losers out.

· GREYBEARD
3,373 Posts
I too wish we could draw a clear line between hunter and idiot, but unfortunatly, it is hunters who are doing these terrible things. And we need to become more poactive when it comes to reporting it. Its not acceptable and everyone needs to make an effort with weeding these losers out.
X2 on that

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Markus,

That's an excellent post.

You're right on the nail to say that it's hunters doing this crap...and we ALL know that

In years like this...deer numbers are down...the fringe element are going to take a few more chances...and bad stuff happens.

Absolute fact...It SHOULDN'T !!

Time to pay the piper...

Did I mention I play the bagpipes...???

;) :ph34r:

· Registered
3,339 Posts
I suspect we are all a little guilty on the issue of hunting, ethics and reporting known violations. Where do we draw the line? We know it is happening, we often know who is involved and we often choose to stay out of it.

In a perfect world every breach of the regulations would be reported but DNR would never have enough officers to do the required enforcement.

We only have ourselves (hunters) to blame, what we allow to continue will continue, that is a given.

· Registered
5,079 Posts
This sickens me to no end. I fully agree that we should all report anything we perceive to be criminal behaviour but, sometimes it is like banging your head against the wall. I reported the same group for jacking 4 times with no action From DNR. This was at a time when we had a lot more Conservation officers than we currently do.

· Registered
313 Posts
No one with the vision required to hunt would confuse a deer with a black llama.

It was either personal or an absolute a-hole. It wasnt a hunter.

· Registered
171 Posts
I suspect we are all a little guilty on the issue of hunting, ethics and reporting known violations. Where do we draw the line? We know it is happening, we often know who is involved and we often choose to stay out of it
I sure hope not. Keeping in mind there's a difference between what's legal and what's ethical; they may be the same, but maybe not. An example would be trespassing to recover a wounded deer when you can't obtain timely permission to access the property. The legal answer is to not trespass and call a CO. The ethical answer is to trespass away, end the animal's suffering, report yourself and deal with what consequences may come.

I'd report a violation that was both unethical and illegal in a heartbeat, and feel just dandy about it.

· Registered
171 Posts
Unfortunately this is not the single incident this year. One of the members of our local gun club had his purebred GSP shot recently here in Lunenburg County. His two dogs ran off his large property and did not return, a few days later the dog was found along the road a few kms away shot in the chest point blank according to the owner. The second dog a pure bread German Shepard had not returned as of the time of the article in the Bridgewater Progress Bulletin last week. Sickening to least the least.
What if it was attacking big game? Anyone has the authority to destroy it in that case. Was it collared? If not, and it was harassing ANY wildlife, a CO can destroy on the spot if he can't ascertain the owner. No sympathy for the owner if that's the case, it's 100% his fault. An individual has no way of knowing if the dog is merely temporarily escaped or a stray, and no prospect of catching it. What are you going to do? Let it keep attacking, or if a CO, harassing big game or other wildlife? There's no way that's the sensible answer. I've never come across a dog at large in the bush, but many cats. All were shot without hesitation; they can't be at large either and are literal murder on wildlife. This was in ON mind you.

I love my pooch more than anything, but if the same happened and it was due to wildlife attack or harassment, I'd only blame myself.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.