Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Administrator
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd share some of the new innovations being unveiled at the 2023 SHOT Show, and hopefully hitting the gun shops near you...sooner or later. I'll keep adding updates and products to this thread as they progress.

First ones for you TS !!!!

SHOT SHOW 2023: Ruger made Marlin 1895 (canadiangunnutz.com)

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Joe.there should be no issue with dura-touch as I believe browning and winchester quietly stopped putting it on their firearms several years ago. as a result of the dura-touch class action law suit .

· Registered
18,888 Posts
Joe.there should be no issue with dura-touch as I believe browning and winchester quietly stopped putting it on their firearms several years ago. as a result of the dura-touch class action law suit .
Thanks for the update I have not bought one since the maxus so didnot know. Know the older ones like my maxus was a big issue
take care

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Thanks for the update I have not bought one since the maxus so didnot know. Know the older ones like my maxus was a big issue
take care
Yes my maxus as well had the dura touch issue . contacted browning canada with serial number and received a new set of stocks 10 days later . the new stocks have No DT on them and are still new in the box in the closet . I removed the sticky dt from the original stocks with rubbing alcohol a bore brush and a scotch brite pad . the A5 I had got traded be for it showed any sign of the dt getting sticky . The sx3 20ga I bought new in the box last summer . 2013 dom max 4 camo has no dura touch finish on it .

· Registered
18,888 Posts
Yes my maxus as well had the dura touch issue . contacted browning canada with serial number and received a new set of stocks 10 days later . the new stocks have No DT on them and are still new in the box in the closet . I removed the sticky dt from the original stocks with rubbing alcohol a bore brush and a scotch brite pad . the A5 I had got traded be for it showed any sign of the dt getting sticky . The sx3 20ga I bought new in the box last summer . 2013 dom max 4 camo has no dura touch finish on it .
Same here maybe 3 weeks I had a new set installed them and gave the old ones to a friend . Zero issues with the new ones that I know of but have not had it out either since the old golds are still my favorites in 3 1/2 12ga or the x2's

1 - 20 of 35 Posts