Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a few trout to smoke and decided today was a good day to do it
I filleted yesterday and put them in a citrus solution for the night. Today i fired up the smoker , dried the fillets then rolled them in brown sugar before placing them in the smoker with apple and mesquite wood chips.

I also did up some chicken so i can make more smoked chicken salad.

I sat back 90min and waited, adding more wood chips 20min before taking everything out. Initial taste tests have me holding incredible candied trout.
Food Ingredient Fast food Deep frying Recipe

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didn't have enuff to give one...what little we had...I used a razor blade...chopped it up on the mirror then snorted it !!!🤣🤣...it was missing the maple syrup
Yup as i thought hes addicted to candied trout, half a fillet and it wasn't enough. Im sure ill have a few going in the smoker in june if i can get a few before hand, maybe after he snorts 3 or 4 hell have an opinion.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I started out with a homemade electric, plywood box with a stove element. Then my wife got me a 2 rack charcoal smoker that i used for years. I now use a propane unit that goes where i can go. Its a 4 shelf 2 door beast that has cranked out some very good stuff. Ive taken it to Stanley range for the hwwa events over the last few years. A 20lb tank will last about 20hrs running 250-275.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cmon now, have you seen kevin??? He loves his food and probably wont choose cause he'll only get half as much in the future. Good, bad, or indifferent, it certainly disappears fast at the hwwa events i have made it, so fast at one event i didnt get a taste.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts