Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Cannot help unless I know the engine make? model , HP and approx year
Some you can weld on new tabs some replace just the plate and some pretty much toss
Toro 1150 power max Briggs and Stratton 250 not sure of the year, it’s probably 14-15 yrs old.Asked at maritime lawn and garden but they said I have to buy the whole unit. It was like $289 or something outrages. Blower starts first pull but nice to have the backup if the cord breaks etc, just not at that price! I asked them at maritime where to get parts if I wanted to rebuild the starter but he just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Many different types sizes and shapes and with different drives maybe post a pic of the one you havebut if not off a Toro likely won’t fit.
Toro?? if a newer one more than likely has a Toro Premium 252cc or 302 cc OHV 4- cycle on it
Made just for toro by Loncin in china to Toro's specifications. Not a starter laying around used normally
Do you know the year of your machine

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Toro 1150 power max Briggs and Stratton 250 not sure of the year, it’s probably 14-15 yrs old.Asked at maritime lawn and garden but they said I have to buy the whole unit. It was like $289 or something outrages. Blower starts first pull but nice to have the backup if the cord breaks etc, just not at that price! I asked them at maritime where to get parts if I wanted to rebuild the starter but he just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.
Sorry I was typing and didnot see your post
Briggs way easier to find and a way better engine
Leave it with me. I have two buds here that own small engines businesses and will ask both what they have laying around

Look about right here??

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree Stihl products are excellent.
Here's a funny for you. I went to the place in Bayers Lake where they sell Stihl thinking seriously about a new saw. Told the guy about my tale of woe with the Poulan being hard to start. Rather than try to sell me a new Stihl he just said they can all be hard to start! Didn't sound promising so I just p stuck with the Poulan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Larger electric machines usually with wheels and around 18 inches cutting width of 12 to 15 amps.
Snow is ejected at speed from the chute or out of the front of the machine either by the speed of the auger or on a two-stage machine, by an impeller inside this output chute.

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
Here's a funny for you. I went to the place in Bayers Lake where they sell Stihl thinking seriously about a new saw. Told the guy about my tale of woe with the Poulan being hard to start. Rather than try to sell me a new Stihl he just said they can all be hard to start! Didn't sound promising so I just p stuck with the Poulan
Small 2 cycle engines can be finicky without a doubt.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
two cycle equals poison IMO
I have like 8 or so mantis tillers and maybe 7 or so stihl trimmers all 2 cycle and last year landed a honda 4 cycle mantis and a honda string trimmer that need work
Fixed them both and guess which ones I grab now every time the 4 cycle
They are sweet but I do have to say don't have the power of the 2 cycle especially in the mantis
Few of the sthil hanging here
Yes I am a hoarder :D:D
Cheers

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
I am starting to understand that about you.:D
I prefer "collector" has a nicer ring to it than hoarder.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
I am starting to understand that about you.:D
I prefer "collector" has a nicer ring to it than hoarder.
Worst is it is everything I get involved with
Jump in both feet for a while gather gather and gather get bored and move on to something else but never sell any of the stuff I get away from
My brothers are the same but collect different things than I do Mom says it is because we were so poor growing up that it did this to us
God knows. Wife wants me to reduce down to one or two of each from tillers to snowblowers and put the cash towards a new kubota
Honestly the only thing in my life I don';t have a spare for is my woman :D:D. One of those is enough

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
I am similar about jumping in with both feet, but when I get bored or tired of stuff, I usually sell stuff off, but with a couple exceptions mainly hunting and reloading gear which I have never gotten out of or rid of.
Your right... one women is plenty, I couldn't afford a spare anyways:giggle:

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
I am similar about jumping in with both feet, but when I get bored or tired of stuff, I usually sell stuff off, but with a couple exceptions mainly hunting and reloading gear which I have never gotten out of or rid of.
Your right... one women is plenty, I couldn't afford a spare anyways:giggle:
Isn't that the truth :D:D. Mine started I need a new car kick yesterday:(
Yep three payments to be made and we own it 2017 with 53,000 kms and mint and she need a new rig :rolleyes:oh yes drives 6 kms a day now to work
I just smiled and said what are you telling me for you picked out and bought the last one by yourself so fill your boots
But can you at least wait until the 2022 arrive i said maybe there may be some incentives plus the lots are empty here
I will just keep driving my 13 year old truck :) with my 80 bucks a week salary she pays me including my gas :(

·
Registered
920 Posts
Worst is it is everything I get involved with
Jump in both feet for a while gather gather and gather get bored and move on to something else but never sell any of the stuff I get away from
My brothers are the same but collect different things than I do Mom says it is because we were so poor growing up that it did this to us
God knows. Wife wants me to reduce down to one or two of each from tillers to snowblowers and put the cash towards a new kubota
Honestly the only thing in my life I don';t have a spare for is my woman :D:D. One of those is enough
I think your wife is onto something! A new Kubota Yes!
One thing I know for sure is if you have the space a person tends to fill it up. Boats , snowmobiles, trailers,lawn tractors, tools, tillers, lawn mowers, trimmers, power saws and wood spillers and…… the list is just too long. I need to move to a one level place with no garage or basement and then, just maybe I can get some of my stuff out the door😎

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
Kubotas are great, I have a used one and use it way more than I thought would.
Looks like I may be using it this Saturday according to the weather statement.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Lol- got lucky to day. Saw a snowblower put out at curd for garbage pick up. Checked with owner who said yea blew the engine. Checked it out same starter as mine so took it off brought it home and tried it; it’s a little sticky and quite noisy. I’ll see if I can get it working better but if not I’ll just take the piece with the plug and push button off and wire it to my old starter.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Lol- got lucky to day. Saw a snowblower put out at curd for garbage pick up. Checked with owner who said yea blew the engine. Checked it out same starter as mine so took it off brought it home and tried it; it’s a little sticky and quite noisy. I’ll see if I can get it working better but if not I’ll just take the piece with the plug and push button off and wire it to my old starter.
Great news
Glad to hear
Cheers

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
You guys are nuts. Esp joe, one or two weed hackers is plenty same with most things. Only need one snowblower. Just think how much room you would have if you cleaned chit out!
Anything I don’t use in say last 12 months goes out! Don’t use it don’t keep it!
The only things you need more then one or two of would be guns and other hunting/fishing equipment! As far as women go I’d love to have more then one as long as they have good paying jobs!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Superslicky glad u got som valuableinformatin off nshuntig.Seafom is great use it everrywinter in sumer gear.
As foer as hoarding countme in i always hve a sapre fridge,freezer and washinmachine on hand granted all used butwork fine.I keep them cause i may not be able too aford a new one ifone bites the dust.Also 2.5 lawn tracotrs ,old tracter wit backblade,a 1980 sears snoblower and 3 wippers all used but work fine..and2 tillers and boxes of partes🤣Couse i live outsie town,an driveway 1000feetTo me it call resourceful

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Superslicky glad u got som valuableinformatin off nshuntig.Seafom is great use it everrywinter in sumer gear.
As foer as hoarding countme in i always hve a sapre fridge,freezer and washinmachine on hand granted all used butwork fine.I keep them cause i may not be able too aford a new one ifone bites the dust.Also 2.5 lawn tracotrs ,old tracter wit backblade,a 1980 sears snoblower and 3 wippers all used but work fine..and2 tillers and boxes of partes🤣Couse i live outsie town,an driveway 1000feetTo me it call resourceful
Wife is some glad i tend to keep "junk" as she calls it, the glass in the woodstove busted today when it fell out on the apron. I pulled it aside and stuck the back-up in. A few hours later and the house is warm again, wood stove is pumping heat!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wife is some glad i tend to keep "junk" as she calls it, the glass in the woodstove busted today when it fell out on the apron. I pulled it aside and stuck the back-up in. A few hours later and the house is warm again, wood stove is pumping heat!
LOL now that what im talkin bout!

·
Registered
150 Posts
two cycle equals poison IMO
I have like 8 or so mantis tillers and maybe 7 or so stihl trimmers all 2 cycle and last year landed a honda 4 cycle mantis and a honda string trimmer that need work
Fixed them both and guess which ones I grab now every time the 4 cycle
They are sweet but I do have to say don't have the power of the 2 cycle especially in the mantis
Few of the sthil hanging here
Yes I am a hoarder :D:D
Cheers
You should sell all your spare equipment! You wouldn't ever have to go into the greenhouse again!! 😊

61 - 80 of 99 Posts