Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

Registered
But seriously, I hang on to every spare or extra screw, nail, piece of wood etc "Just in case". Throw them in the tool bag (not the wood of course). They often come in handy!
So I guess we all hoard/collect something or other. 馃槉
Just finished building a nightstand out of scrap 1x 6 spruce from the cottage I've been renovating. Turned out very nice. Never built furniture out of spruce before. I hate seeing stuff go to waste so decided to try it.

GREYBEARD
I do the same Tony M, I hang on to every spare screw, nail, plumbing stuff, wood cut offs and I know what I have, but sometimes I don't know exactly where it is, so I end up buying more of the same.:giggle:

Administrator
I agree Stihl products are excellent.
past 3 yrs

Unless you get one that's a total pos !! Got a bigger weed Wacker that's a see you in tea ...has been since new 4 yrs ago. Wont start at all now.. nothing 150 bucks won't fix according to the still Dr.
Got a 20 dollar yard sale ryobi 2 yrs ago..prime 3 times..full choke..2 pulls and sputter..1/2 choke..next pull guaranteed to start.
Joe..step back..sit down...THEN read this...my bil is on the same 5 gallon can of mixed gas for his old green weed Wacker for the past 4 yrs !!! Nothing added to it...EVER !!! His works like a top !! I tell him what I know about old gas..shellac in the carbs and he laughs at me....he has every right to from what I see !!

Registered
past 3 yrs

Unless you get one that's a total pos !! Got a bigger weed Wacker that's a see you in tea ...has been since new 4 yrs ago. Wont start at all now.. nothing 150 bucks won't fix according to the still Dr.
Got a 20 dollar yard sale ryobi 2 yrs ago..prime 3 times..full choke..2 pulls and sputter..1/2 choke..next pull guaranteed to start.
Joe..step back..sit down...THEN read this...my bil is on the same 5 gallon can of mixed gas for his old green weed Wacker for the past 4 yrs !!! Nothing added to it...EVER !!! His works like a top !! I tell him what I know about old gas..shellac in the carbs and he laughs at me....he has every right to from what I see !!
Runs and runs like it should are two different things . I would love to hear it rev and take a look at the plug to see how it is burning
Anyway
A metal storage can vs plastic will help big time since oxygen is entering the plastic aiding the break down
Using only high test gas will increase storage by 3-4 times since it has no ethanol
Funny filling the truck today and never really looked before but the other two gases available both said they contain 10% min
Where it is stored ?? how is the moisture in the area
And the big one. Being a mixed gas what he doesn't realize is that most of the mixing oils now have stabilizer in them some like the amsoil I use a ton of it enough to keep the gas for years
Add this all up may explain what he has going on but it sure isn't because we are full of crap about gas breaking down today worse than ever
Cheers

Registered
past 3 yrs

Wow then my 7 year old mixed gas that I pour in my Stihl isn't a lie like Joe told me it was.

Registered
Wow then my 7 year old mixed gas that I pour in my Stihl isn't a lie like Joe told me it was.
7 years yup it isn't avgas dude
Man if you only knew how for lack of a better word(s) dumb or ignorant you are showing those that know the difference and work on this stuff you are
No wonder Justin is taking care of you
Then again OMG you may have beaver fever :D:D

7 years is also not 4 guess math isn't high on the list either
Plus unless you are using syn oil for the 50/1 which no way in hell you would be no such thing 7 years ago as regular cheap oil with stabilizer added 3/4 would not be remotely possible
But keep trying. Not to mention two uneducated guys doing it don't make a right
Not a mechanic around that will agree with you

Registered
past 3 yrs

You have a Stihl that won't run for you Kevin??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I did not even try to move the snow blower today, i cleared the front deck so the hounds could get out. I dont expect the plow until tomorrow because after a few hours reprieve its snowing and blowing again.
Ill run it tomorrow so we can get out Monday lol

Registered
I did not even try to move the snow blower today, i cleared the front deck so the hounds could get out. I dont expect the plow until tomorrow because after a few hours reprieve its snowing and blowing again.
Ill run it tomorrow so we can get out Monday lol
Man we were lucky here. Might have got 3'" and with the cray winds that is gone
Driveway is gravel
Water now is a different thing. Been mopping all morning :(

Registered
Well in Windsor we got a chit load. Hope it is not a repeat of of a few years back when we got a storm on Sunday then one on Wednesday and this repeated itself about half a dozen times. Another storm like this and there will be know where to put the snow馃槦

GREYBEARD
Same here, lots of snow and blowing snow yesterday, once it warms up from -18 currently, it will be snow blower time.

Administrator
We were lucky with this last nor-easter..wind howled so fekkin bad for 24 hrs the snow couldn't settle any where...had a few hrs of freezing rain...power flashed off and on thru the night...went out little after 6 am. Grand daughter came for a sleepover (5 days ago.. lol) she thought it was Kool. !
Plugged in my genny to run heaters.. my water pump and sump tank..kettle and keurig..fridge...best part was.. breakfast by Coleman...life is good. Had the power back by 1245...guys deserve a frikken medal...up in them buckets in all that wind !!! Pretty sure they over rode their max wind speed to be a loft !!! Thank you NSP crews !!!

Administrator
Keep the hatches battened down boyzzz...Soun6dds like another wild day tomorrow ffs...marine forecast is showing stronger winds than Friday night !! Gusts to 70 knots !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I was out clearing the mess for over 3 hours, my neighbor drove past with the back hoe only to do a quick 180 and clear the end of the driveway where the plow left the snow bank.
Had to clear a path for the hound to do his business, he dont like doing anything when the snow is deeper than his legs

Registered
Expect more power outages. This is the same system that just went through Florida. Hurricane force winds, tornadoes and hail. I鈥檓 not expecting too many tornadoes 鈥 but winds could hit 120 kmh. We lost our power Friday night and it was off for 17 hours. Normally not an issue 鈥 but -30 with the wind chill, and our only back-up source of heat is a propane fireplace. Generator won鈥檛 handle our heat pump. Sounds like it鈥檚 going to be a bad one. Stock up on that storm rum and storm chips !!

Registered
Yes sir. Minus 13 out there right now and heavy rain and high winds for this afternoon. Couple inches of snow will be gone again
Like WTF
I have never mopped so much since I moved here in 27 years ?? especially in january
Have only used the blower one day so far this winter and that was maybe 6"

Registered
Yes sir. Minus 13 out there right now and heavy rain and high winds for this afternoon. Couple inches of snow will be gone again
Like WTF
I have never mopped so much since I moved here in 27 years ?? especially in january
Have only used the blower one day so far this winter and that was maybe 6"
The cape is tropical, the rest of NS not so much, talk to the guys in the valley and ask them about using their snowblowers hopefully they aren't using any old gas either.

Registered
The cape is tropical, the rest of NS not so much, talk to the guys in the valley and ask them about using their snowblowers hopefully they aren't using any old gas either.
Oh I am not complaining I would sooner mop than blow show
Just strange for us. I have never seen a winter like it nor has my mom who is 87
2 years ago it was the opposite . I had to get a backhoe in to make room for the blower to toss snow and sister in Halifax had grass showing
If they are using old gas they won't be blowing snow for a long time and hope they have good shovels :D:D
I think is has something to do with not complaining all the time about government and taxes etc etc and focusing on what we can change vs what we cannot so the good lord is taking care of us capers :p
Buckmark must have snow over his head but then again that would only be waist deep from where his head is :D:D

81 - 99 of 99 Posts