Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well been looking. Not a belt guy here. Is there any belt ones made that you can hear someone talk in the cab? What ones are junk. Not entertaining looking at any of those new CFMOTO, KYMCO etc. Are the older manufactures like Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can AM still a good product? Leaning Honda because of no belt.

· Registered
3,789 Posts
I know guys that are running the CFMOTO's and they love them. I do not own a SxS or any buggy .... but just going by what they tell me. I was entertaining the thought of buying a side by side, and considered buying one because of my friends experience.

· Registered
2,973 Posts
My grandma always said there was 2 types of good, good for nothing and no gd good. Im sure every machine has faults, known issues as well as good points.
Make a list of what you want in your new machine, what you want to do with it and then decide what you can live with or without.

· Registered
173 Posts
I run a Kawasaki Teryx 800 2 seater, with clutch Kit and a lift kit on 31.5’s ITP black waters. I got a surround system in it, but where the engine is directly under the seat it’s loud as hell in the cab. It’s complete Tank, but if you’re looking for a quiet ride that ain’t it. My neighbour has a Polaris General 1000, and it’s definitely quieter than mine. Father in law has a Yamaha Wolverine with the bench seat, and it’s not near as loud as mine. But not near as fast as mine. I can do over 100km/he on pavement

I wouldn’t buy anything made by Artic Cat, every time I’ve done bike runs with them end up needing a trailer to get them home. The Honda Pinoneers, are good little rigs they aren’t belt drive and have a paddle shift on the steering wheel. They just don’t have much ground clearance. Can Am is probably some of the best overall rigs but they are by far the most expensive. About every camp on the road has a side by side now, and I’m only 500 yards from the PUMA bike club in upper musquodobit so I’ve seen pretty much all the rigs out there

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run a Kawasaki Teryx 800 2 seater, with clutch Kit and a lift kit on 31.5’s ITP black waters. I got a surround system in it, but where the engine is directly under the seat it’s loud as hell in the cab. It’s complete Tank, but if you’re looking for a quiet ride that ain’t it. My neighbour has a Polaris General 1000, and it’s definitely quieter than mine. Father in law has a Yamaha Wolverine with the bench seat, and it’s not near as loud as mine. But not near as fast as mine. I can do over 100km/he on pavement

I wouldn’t buy anything made by Artic Cat, every time I’ve done bike runs with them end up needing a trailer to get them home. The Honda Pinoneers, are good little rigs they aren’t belt drive and have a paddle shift on the steering wheel. They just don’t have much ground clearance. Can Am is probably some of the best overall rigs but they are by far the most expensive. About every camp on the road has a side by side now, and I’m only 500 yards from the PUMA bike club in upper musquodobit so I’ve seen pretty much all the rigs out there
I know kawasaki makes a strong, reliable machine but the noise was an issue to lots of people. Its to bad as they are one of the best .I don't want a sport model more a sport utility. Something that can carry my big deer home 😀

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Well been looking. Not a belt guy here. Is there any belt ones made that you can hear someone talk in the cab? What ones are junk. Not entertaining looking at any of those new CFMOTO, KYMCO etc. Are the older manufactures like Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Can AM still a good product? Leaning Honda because of no belt.
Honda for me also :) IMO best bang for the buck and bullet proof but everything I own is Honda ;)

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honda for me also :) IMO best bang for the buck and bullet proof but everything I own is Honda ;)
Don't know whats up with Honda. There the only manufacture with no 2023's and not even a mention of models for that year. Dealer said maybe 6-8 months before they see any. That's weird, would have to hurt sales. One model is left here at the dealership, a limited addition 2022, 5 seater. Not what I wanted but starting to wonder what the best decision is. It no doubt will be gone. They are set in the price, no deals and it is more than what one should pay for a side by side these days. I might have to get an e-bike with a basket 😀

· Registered
18,887 Posts
Don't know whats up with Honda. There the only manufacture with no 2023's and not even a mention of models for that year. Dealer said maybe 6-8 months before they see any. That's weird, would have to hurt sales. One model is left here at the dealership, a limited addition 2022, 5 seater. Not what I wanted but starting to wonder what the best decision is. It no doubt will be gone. They are set in the price, no deals and it is more than what one should pay for a side by side these days. I might have to get an e-bike with a basket 😀
It is not just Honda it is everything and every company
10 1/2 weeks this fall for a greenhouse plastic that normally takes 3 days
6 months for the wife's new rogue 4 1/2 months for the daughters new VW SUV this year
If I had it on order I would just be patient and wait and that way get what I want
Just my 2 cents

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is not just Honda it is everything and every company
10 1/2 weeks this fall for a greenhouse plastic that normally takes 3 days
6 months for the wife's new rogue 4 1/2 months for the daughters new VW SUV this year
If I had it on order I would just be patient and wait and that way get what I want
Just my 2 cents
The biggest selling feature with Honda is no belts to me, no noise and durability. I don't need speed :) Have no idea how good other units are these days.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Interesting thread. I'd love to buy a rig but have nowhere to store it. Have to look into that.
Many years ago I had a Honda ATV, 200M model. It was a darn nice machine! If the Honda products now are anywhere near as good as they were then I don't think you could go wrong buying one.
I'd go for lower noise level and as much ground clearance as possible but not worry much about speed myself. Afterall, you don't want to pound the crap out of an expensive ATV/UTV or break your neck racing.

· Registered
18,887 Posts
The biggest selling feature with Honda is no belts to me, no noise and durability. I don't need speed :) Have no idea how good other units are these days.
Agree
I have never had a bad Honda anything and I have/had most things they make from vehicles, to mowers, generators, snowblowers etc etc
Wife's first car was a new 1976 honda CVCC :p and we had four or 5 new ones after last one in 1997 when they got WAY over priced
Only problem I have ever had and still have is the initial purchase price

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Interesting thread. I'd love to buy a rig but have nowhere to store it. Have to look into that.
Many years ago I had a Honda ATV, 200M model. It was a darn nice machine! If the Honda products now are anywhere near as good as they were then I don't think you could go wrong buying one.
I'd go for lower noise level and as much ground clearance as possible but not worry much about speed myself. Afterall, you don't want to pound the crap out of an expensive ATV/UTV or break your neck racing.
Honda rubicon = awesome machine

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Agree
I have never had a bad Honda anything and I have/had most things they make from vehicles, to mowers, generators, snowblowers etc etc
Wife's first car was a new 1976 honda CVCC :p and we had four or 5 new ones after last one in 1997 when they got WAY over priced
Only problem I have ever had and still have is the initial purchase price
Couple problems with Honda-= the accords ride like a tank! My FIL always had one, my MIL was in our Camry and couldn’t believe the difference in the ride.
Honda Civic ride is terrible and doesn’t handle anywhere near as nicely as a Corolla
But for dependability etc almost as good as Toyota

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Couple problems with Honda-= the accords ride like a tank! My FIL always had one, my MIL was in our Camry and couldn’t believe the difference in the ride.
Honda Civic ride is terrible and doesn’t handle anywhere near as nicely as a Corolla
Yea. We have a '14 Accord. Nice reliable car but the ride is very firm, and noisy. Ours is pretty much the base model though so higher end ones might be quieter.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Yea. We have a '14 Accord. Nice reliable car but the ride is very firm, and noisy. Ours is pretty much the base model though so higher end ones might be quieter.
Actually FIL always buys top of the line maybe quieter but still rides like a tank!

· Registered
18,887 Posts
I have driven a 4x4 truck since age 16 so ride has never been a consideration with me
That being said my mrs would agree with you and why she doesn't have a honda SUV she says they ride rough with terrible road noise says like driving a bus
You want ride take one of those new VW SUV 's out mrs says this is her last nissan after driving my daughters. germans can build great stuff still

· Registered
7,795 Posts
I have driven a 4x4 truck since age 16 so ride has never been a consideration with me
That being said my mrs would agree with you and why she doesn't have a honda SUV she says they ride rough with terrible road noise says like driving a bus
You want ride take one of those new VW SUV 's out mrs says this is her last nissan after driving my daughters. germans can build great stuff still
Yes German vechiles are pretty damn good. Bought a new C-230 kompressor ( super charger and yes with a k) Benz in 99. Real nice ride and fast(0-100 in 6 sec.) esp for such a heavy car. But the services ; which have to be done by the dealer; are crazy high price. Ex wife got it in divorce but didn’t keep up service a yr later timing chain broke,lol. You know what happens when a timing chain breaks. Personally don’t care for BMW and don’t want an SUV. Gonna stick with the Toyota and the Camry ride is as good as the Benz was.
ps C class Benz is nice but if you go to E class real big difference in ride and of course $$$

1 - 20 of 75 Posts