Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Registered
630 Posts
Mine is not Strange yours was unless motors was changed I maybe wrong but though it started in 2010 like shown here but really don't know

Yours probably isn't flex fuel, is it Joe? Yours doesn't have Active Fuel Management? Trust me, that was the original motor. They had an issue with giving a puff of smoke when the other cylinders kicked in. Notorious oil burners from new. Yours probably isn't the aluminum block 5.3?

· Registered
18,889 Posts
Yours probably isn't flex fuel, is it Joe? Yours doesn't have Active Fuel Management? Trust me, that was the original motor. They had an issue with giving a puff of smoke when the other cylinders kicked in. Notorious oil burners from new. Yours probably isn't the aluminum block 5.3?
Sorry I missed this Yep she is and has the afm and yes cast block but also made very early in 07 since was one of the first they had being the owners demo was here in like april She is an odd ball it seems with just about everything I replace on it from fuel pump to front end parts so bad the boys won't give me a part now with out the serial number and checking reason I say 2010 the problems seemed to occur big time and I have zero to base this on other than what some gm mechanics have told me is GM as with all their parts use different suppliers and the lifter issues normally happen with two of which didnot supply a lot until 2010
But so far my 08 has had zero issues of such and never loses any oil between changes or smokes

· Registered
630 Posts
Sorry I missed this Yep she is and has the afm and yes cast block but also made very early in 07 since was one of the first they had being the owners demo was here in like april She is an odd ball it seems with just about everything I replace on it from fuel pump to front end parts so bad the boys won't give me a part now with out the serial number and checking reason I say 2010 the problems seemed to occur big time and I have zero to base this on other than what some gm mechanics have told me is GM as with all their parts use different suppliers and the lifter issues normally happen with two of which didnot supply a lot until 2010
But so far my 08 has had zero issues of such and never loses any oil between changes or smokes
Mama's was an 08'

· Registered
18,889 Posts
Mama's was an 08'
Just go to show the owner and their maintenance plan makes a huge difference or mama better take her foot out of her rig like mine :( and let the thing warm up in the winter
Just joking so far I got a good one I guess
:ROFLMAO:
Nice to see you out of bed and back on your feet after yesterday you must be young and heal quickly :p

· Registered
18,889 Posts
Most of them are good, they're Chevys! Always maintained, just look at the Chevy forums and you will see all you need to know about that aluminum block motor and the AFM problems with the lifters.
Mine is cast not al so hope I never have to know and block made in very early 2007 and a real odd ball I was told when looking for a spare engine just to have for someday if needed

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Have you had the pioneer out yet?
No, brought it home with the new paperwork which I had to take to motor vehicle then off to my my friends the insurance people. Having some accessories showing up that I am in stalling first, roof, windshield etc. Don't really plan anything until the spring fishing. Besides there are some folks here that made the news lately, ATV and skidoo tearing up farmers fields and the trail system, the mood is not good. Boy a 1000cc is touchy, near put it through the back of the garage trying to back it into a tight spot the other day, going to have to be more careful😀

· Registered
240 Posts
No, brought it home with the new paperwork which I had to take to motor vehicle then off to my my friends the insurance people. Having some accessories showing up that I am in stalling first, roof, windshield etc. Don't really plan anything until the spring fishing. Besides there are some folks here that made the news lately, ATV and skidoo tearing up farmers fields and the trail system, the mood is not good. Boy a 1000cc is touchy, near put it through the back of the garage trying to back it into a tight spot the other day, going to have to be more careful😀
Cool.Thats a lot of hp.Im sure you will be happy with it.

· Registered
18,889 Posts
Sweet jesus dude try at least to get it outside once on the trail before you do another crash test :p on a rig

61 - 75 of 75 Posts