Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
221 - 240 of 349 Posts
Discussion starter · #222 ·
There are reasons if one wants to look One is the small business owners that are still here after covid I know two old conservative supporters who are voting liberal this time as a thank you for the government money that kept them alive You think the rich hate Justin best think again and then there is the old die hards and still a lot of them who will just vote liberal because their family has for generations
How many small businesses when tits up because of covid?? I can think of many restaurants right off the top of my head that are no longer there because of covid. There was some free money for small businesses. You could get a $40,000 loan but only had to pay $30,000 of it back to the government. Small businesses that survived because of that now have that extra $30,000 to pay back.

How many small businesses when tits up because of covid?? I can think of many restaurants right off the top of my head that are no longer there because of covid. There was some free money for small businesses. You could get a $40,000 loan but only had to pay $30,000 of it back to the government. Small businesses that survived because of that now have that extra $30,000 to pay back.
Don't know any here since capers generally know how to adapt in tough times and change quickly but sure know a few that have changed how they do business and now don't just sell locally and deliver, do take out now etc etc Pay back is better than not being in business any more Banks sure didnot help
“The CEBA program was incredibly helpful to over 900,000 small businesses as it provided an interest free $40-$60,000 loan to help them through the pandemic. One of the most important features was that $10-$20,000 of the loan would be forgiven by government upon repayment of the balance, allowing the business to retire a portion of the debt many were forced to take on to survive lockdowns and restrictions,” said Corinne Pohlmann, Senior Vice-President of National Affairs and CFIB.

For Nova Scotia for everyone that closed we pretty much had a new one open so no huge impact I can see

I‘ll only comment once on this thread as I’m not interested in arguing over or defending the PC’s on “what they might do” if they win the next Federal election. I know this thread is on Sock Boy Spending but will address other points.

Spending - it’s been beyond obscene the amount of money the “Tiny Dancer” has spent after coming into power. We will be so far in debt after he leaves for the Caribbean that our great grandchildren will still be paying off the debt. He promised to run only 2 years of deficits. Still waiting for “and the budget will balance itself”.

Scandals - 1.) ethic violations including family vacation on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Bahamas. 2.) tried to influence Jody Wilson-Raybould to overrule a decision not to grant a deferred prosecution agreement to SNC-Lavalin. 3.) WE charity - his brother and mother were paid well and his Finance Minister also guilty fell on the Liberal sword and resigned. But he apologized and admitted it as a mistake to not recluse himself from the WE discussions.

Hyprocracy - criticized the Italian PM (Giorgia Meloni) for her stance on the rights of the Alphabet group. Mr. Arrogant was called out by the Italian press as a “Baffoon” and was slammed for trying to “mansplain” democracy to the Italian PM. So here’s the hyprocracy - in 2016, “Mr. Privileged” bowled over and elbowed a female member of the opposition in the breast as he went to grab a Conservative member. Oh but he apologized profusely over and over (again). Remarked that he was only human and in an high pressure job (what a crock!). CNN even reported on this indiscretion. “Mr. Drama” not only once but a number of times dressed up in “blackface”. ….. but all is good because “speaking moistly” he apologized (again). Said he can’t remember how many times he dressed up in Blackface.

And it goes on and on - Mr. Dress Up and his costume in India, sarcastic remark to an Indigenous Protestor (apologized once again lol), talking down to a veteran at a town hall (telling a disabled veteran questioning disability payments that “veterans are asking for more than we can give“.

….. and Poilievre?? Yep, definitely got his warts as well. But to compare him to Trump is falling into the left wing media‘s description. I basically vote conservative mainly because I believe their economic platform is generally more sound. But Trump (imo) is over the top and anyone who believes that Poilievre is “Trump minded” has bought into the Rosie Barton group thinking. But unless you’re a woman who star gazes at Trudeau or a man who walks funny how could anyone not watch Poilievre speak but at the same time not gag at the voice and smug sight of that thing in Ottawa. So maybe give PP a chance or does none of “Sock Boy’s“ indiscretions/scandals, etc. matter? If not then vote for the same apologetic tirade of moistly speaking crap driving our country more into debt and more importantly gun/rifle restrictions.

Anyone concerned about gun/rifle rights or privileges in this country can’t seriously vote Liberal. And no, I will not accept that the Conservatives are just as bad or haven’t listened to hunters in this country. That’s simply BS!
Harper abolishing the gun registry in 2012 was a step forward and no one can convince me that the Liberals would have done the same thing. In fact they have only made this process more restrictive since they got back in power.

Have at ’er - that’s my opinion from here.

I‘ll only comment once on this thread as I’m not interested in arguing over or defending the PC’s on “what they might do” if they win the next Federal election. I know this thread is on Sock Boy Spending but will address other points.

Spending - it’s been beyond obscene the amount of money the “Tiny Dancer” has spent after coming into power. We will be so far in debt after he leaves for the Caribbean that our great grandchildren will still be paying off the debt. He promised to run only 2 years of deficits. Still waiting for “and the budget will balance itself”.

Scandals - 1.) ethic violations including family vacation on the Aga Khan’s private island in the Bahamas. 2.) tried to influence Jody Wilson-Raybould to overrule a decision not to grant a deferred prosecution agreement to SNC-Lavalin. 3.) WE charity - his brother and mother were paid well and his Finance Minister also guilty fell on the Liberal sword and resigned. But he apologized and admitted it as a mistake to not recluse himself from the WE discussions.

Hyprocracy - criticized the Italian PM (Giorgia Meloni) for her stance on the rights of the Alphabet group. Mr. Arrogant was called out by the Italian press as a “Baffoon” and was slammed for trying to “mansplain” democracy to the Italian PM. So here’s the hyprocracy - in 2016, “Mr. Privileged” bowled over and elbowed a female member of the opposition in the breast as he went to grab a Conservative member. Oh but he apologized profusely over and over (again). Remarked that he was only human and in an high pressure job (what a crock!). CNN even reported on this indiscretion. “Mr. Drama” not only once but a number of times dressed up in “blackface”. ….. but all is good because “speaking moistly” he apologized (again). Said he can’t remember how many times he dressed up in Blackface.

And it goes on and on - Mr. Dress Up and his costume in India, sarcastic remark to an Indigenous Protestor (apologized once again lol), talking down to a veteran at a town hall (telling a disabled veteran questioning disability payments that “veterans are asking for more than we can give“.

….. and Poilievre?? Yep, definitely got his warts as well. But to compare him to Trump is falling into the left wing media‘s description. I basically vote conservative mainly because I believe their economic platform is generally more sound. But Trump (imo) is over the top and anyone who believes that Poilievre is “Trump minded” has bought into the Rosie Barton group thinking. But unless you’re a woman who star gazes at Trudeau or a man who walks funny how could anyone not watch Poilievre speak but at the same time not gag at the voice and smug sight of that thing in Ottawa. So maybe give PP a chance or does none of “Sock Boy’s“ indiscretions/scandals, etc. matter? If not then vote for the same apologetic tirade of moistly speaking crap driving our country more into debt and more importantly gun/rifle restrictions.

Anyone concerned about gun/rifle rights or privileges in this country can’t seriously vote Liberal. And no, I will not accept that the Conservatives are just as bad or haven’t listened to hunters in this country. That’s simply BS!
Harper abolishing the gun registry in 2012 was a step forward and no one can convince me that the Liberals would have done the same thing. In fact they have only made this process more restrictive since they got back in power.

I will make but three comments what platform Please share that one ( last one I seen was before the last election and doesn't apply any more )and we should not be voting for a PM based on a chance they will help and were you asleep in 1990 etc or forgetful or like many upset now that it impacts them finally in 2023 just not involved when it was well underway over 30 years ago :( Start reading about Kim and bill c-80 later to be c-17 approved remember her ???? as PM she sure bent us over on your simply BS that the conservatives are not as bad and anyone that thinks Pierre will reverse any of this bill c-21 now has huge dreams since history has proven THEY donot once in power but will promise the world during the election process WE HAVE NO friends in government any government and even worse in 2023 have very few friends in the general public any more
Cheers

A summary not sure what hunters they talk to :(

In 1991, the Minister of Justice, Kim Campbell introduced Bill C-17, which improves the process for obtaining the Acquisition Licence of firearms by adding a mandatory training on the safe handling, a detailed questionnaire, references, a photo and a 28-day waiting period. The Act amended the age limit for obtaining this licence was settle to 18 years with provisions for minors’ licences. The Act also strengthened the power of the RCMP to refuse to issue a licence – if it was not in the best interest of the safety of the applicant or any other person – by removing the burden of proof in case on an appeal. Thus, the Act required from the applicant to prove that the RCMP was wrong in its assertions when it refused to issue a licence. This law also defined safe storage, banned semi-automatic versions of military assault weapons that could be converted to automatic weapons, as well as large-capacity magazines

Once Again MooseMagoo very well said and stating of true facts

Makes me wonder how Kim Campbell got all that accomplished in less than 4 1/2 months. Not saying that she was good for us in any way, but look at what is happening today under Trudeau. Back door registries, handgun freezes, bans on scary guns including airsoft guns, even listed Blackrifle coffee on the most wanted list. I would argue that no prime minister has been more anti-gun in this country's history. I would rather hope that Pierre will stop the onslaught on firearms owners, than to weather another term under the Liberals trying to hold on to what I have.

Makes me wonder how Kim Campbell got all that accomplished in less than 4 1/2 months. Not saying that she was good for us in any way, but look at what is happening today under Trudeau. Back door registries, handgun freezes, bans on scary guns including airsoft guns, even listed Blackrifle coffee on the most wanted list. I would argue that no prime minister has been more anti-gun in this country's history. I would rather hope that Pierre will stop the onslaught on firearms owners, than to weather another term under the Liberals trying to hold on to what I have.
It took her almost 2 years to get it done My first gun was banned in 1977 and it has just grown and grown since then Bill c-68 was the largest nail There is no arguement we have documented history and real detailed facts how we got to where we are today not what some cherry pick as facts and leave out what they don't want to remember or hear Oh Pierre will stop it they have always done that but will reverse nothing and allow us to keep what little we left

It is real simple IMO and other gun owners if one doesn't have one of the 12(x) classifications on their Rpal most have no clue what really went on and what we as gun owners have been through for many many years and just carried on shooting with their grandpa joes guns like nothing was happening Since not my dog until NOW and NOW they want to fight or think they are still in one :rolleyes: Sorry the fighting days are long gone unless one wants to fight with themselves and other gun owners which is what is happening now since the rest that made these decisions over the 46 years including all governments even the CPC are DONE for now and WON
Who is to blame for where we are today the millions of guns owners that didnot step up and unite when this BS started
Accept the truth and place the blame where it belongs on ourselves and even in the last rounds to come we are STILL not joining together to try to keep what is left
Real sad and real easy for the government to do as they please and they are They were even shocked how easy and quietly the handgun freeze went into place
That says it all

Cheers

The lesser of the two evils at this stage of the game, is definitely PP. Loon or not, he is our only hope at getting away from this left winged agenda. We don't want this WEF agenda shoved down our throats. People just don't see the harm this will cause, I guess. The WEF agenda is not our friend.

Hard to argue with your points, except one of them.
It may be an unpopular opinion, but, IMO, in the Wilson-Raybolt thing the Trudeau Liberals were right. They said it would be better, smarter to levy a huge fine than TRY to prosecute SNC Lavalin at GREAT cost to the Canadian taxpayers versus, fine them many millions at ZERO $ cost while preserving the right to prosecute them IF they were stupid enough to do it again!! Remember, Canadian taxpayers had not been defrauded by SNC Lavalin!!!
For once the Trudeau Liberals made a decision with the best interests of Canadians in mind.
Now, I fully acknowledge that a crooked businessman or two did get away with something here. But in the end, the Canadian taxpayer, for once, did not piss money away for nothing!! Well, other than the media circus that came out of this mess.
I do not support Trudeau, but on this issue, his government was right IMO. Hell, even a broken clock is right at least once a day, twice if its analog.

[QUOTE="TonyM, ”
It may be an unpopular opinion, but, IMO, in the Wilson-Raybolt thing the Trudeau Liberals were right. They said it would be better, smarter to levy a huge fine than TRY to prosecute SNC Lavalin at GREAT cost to the Canadian taxpayers versus, fine them many millions at ZERO $ cost while preserving the right to prosecute them IF they were stupid enough to do it again!! Remember, Canadian taxpayers had not been defrauded by SNC Lavalin!!!
For once the Trudeau Liberals made a decision with the best interests of Canadians in mind.
Now, I fully acknowledge that a crooked businessman or two did get away with something here. But in the end, the Canadian taxpayer, for once, did not piss money away for nothing!! Well, other than the media circus that came out of this mess.
I do not support Trudeau, but on this issue, his government was right IMO. Hell, even a broken clock is right at least once a day, twice if its analog.
[/QUOTE]

…… so I lied - will make a second comment only for clarification.

Actually Tony with respect I’m not sure how you can argue against a point I didn’t even make.

Did the Liberals make the right decision as you suggest by only putting a levy on SNC Lavalin instead of prosecuting them? Don’t really know but I didn’t even address that question in my post. That’s another discussion.

I said that “they committed an ethics violation by trying to influence Jody Wilson-Raybould to overrule a decision not to grant a deferred prosecution agreement to SNC-Lavalin.” In fact the Ethics Commissioner (Mario Dion) ruled that Trudeau violated “Section 9 of the Conflict of Interest Act.” Whether people agree if it was done in the best interest of Canadians is another thing altogether. My point was that he has a problem with ethics.

As a side to all this he skated away free and clear (once again) leaving collateral damage. Ministers Wilson-Raybould and Philpott were kicked out of caucus and both Gerald Butts (Trudeau’s accomplice) and Michael Wernick (Privy Council Clerk) resigned.

[QUOTE="TonyM, ”

…… so I lied - will make a second comment only for clarification.

Actually Tony with respect I’m not sure how you can argue against a point I didn’t even make.

Did the Liberals make the right decision as you suggest by only putting a levy on SNC Lavalin instead of prosecuting them? Don’t really know but I didn’t even address that question in my post. That’s another discussion.

I said that “they committed an ethics violation by trying to influence Jody Wilson-Raybould to overrule a decision not to grant a deferred prosecution agreement to SNC-Lavalin.” In fact the Ethics Commissioner (Mario Dion) ruled that Trudeau violated “Section 9 of the Conflict of Interest Act.” Whether people agree if it was done in the best interest of Canadians is another thing altogether. My point was that he has a problem with ethics.

As a side to all this he skated away free and clear (once again) leaving collateral damage. Ministers Wilson-Raybould and Philpott were kicked out of caucus and both Gerald Butts (Trudeau’s accomplice) and Michael Wernick (Privy Council Clerk) resigned.
[/QUOTE]
You're right. You mentioned it and I ran with my take in the mess.

To show my ethics, I would have done the same thing the Liberals did in the Wilson-Raybolt situation. Except I would have gone on the attack against her when she shot her mouth off! The Liberals did the right thing for Canada in the SNC-Lavalin case. Happens all the time all over the world. The whole thing became news ONLY because Trudeau had recently demoted her in caucus, her ego was hurt and she tried to take him down.

I don't support Trudeau. Just to be clear.

Discussion starter · #235 ·
I see Ukraine is pleading for Trudeau to SEND MORE MONEY !!!! Sock boy has already contributed 8 BILLION DOLLARS of OUR money to Ukraine. Trudeau will … in the next few days … make another contribution. When will it stop ???? That money would go a long ways towards rebuilding communities lost due to wildfires across the country. Once again … that POS could care less about Canadians. Fill up those bank accounts boys !!

Discussion starter · #237 ·
Zelensky net worth prior to the “Russian conflict” … ”maybe” 20 million. Net worth one year later … nearly 600 million. Once again … nothing to see here folks !!

No my Ukrainian grandfather paid with his Ukrainian friends when he left Canada and his two small kids and volunteered to fight in WW2 to give us the life and freedom we now enjoy in canada and quite clear some take for granted today Yep him and 35,000 other Ukrainian canadians left to fight in WW2 to join 4.5 million Ukrainians who did the same over the war
What did you guys do again?? OH pay some taxes OK:rolleyes: Not to mention over 80% of canadians agree with the support which is not shocking since there is now 1.5 million Ukrainians living in canada now

The strongest support for Ukraine comes from those aged 55 and older, with 83 per cent supporting Ukraine; support is lowest among those 18 to 34, at 58 per cent.

and the big one guess who else supports it yep old PP
His words
I was born the year that the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. The democratic world responded forcefully to that aggression and, in the end, the Soviets failed. Today our response must be equally strong. Canada must lead the way and I urge our government to begin that effort today.

Discussion starter · #240 ·
I have no issues with the financial support going to Ukraine to help fight their war. I have a real big issue with that money being launderd for the global elites ... and please ... don't say it's not happening or just a "conspiracy theory" ... because that is BS. It is happening !!

221 - 240 of 349 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.