Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Erica is a Early Childhood Educator and has been trying to take some children into the home. She has a few now coming in here and there. She is always conscious of eating habits and parents wishes so she questions them on their do's and dont's.After I got my deer she asked about the children eating deer meat.
Got a funny response from one Mom that only lives three houses away and sees our local deer all the time.
" Sure that's not a problem, is that why you feed them ? "

Cracked me up when I heard that.

Not being a hunter she had no idea I couldn't hunt in town limits 250 feet from her and the other many houses.
Best thing is she had no problem with her daughter eating deer meat.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The girl at the service station where I get my gas asked me last week if I was hunting. I said yes for birds. She asked why not deer,? I informed her that i was done earlier in the season with Deer. She then said, "i was told you were able to shot 2 here she said" When I said no, with some detail, she then said "But you can go to CB and shoot 3 right".

Miss info is out there all over the place. Just last week someone posted here on this site that they thought General Deer Season ended Monday past (Dec 3) rather then then Saturday past (Dec 1)

It is not only the Non Hunting Community that is misinformed.

PS, She is very supportive of Hunting also.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
lol,thats funny Linnie

·
Registered
153 Posts
The girl at the service station where I get my gas asked me last week if I was hunting. I said yes for birds. She asked why not deer,? I informed her that i was done earlier in the season with Deer. She then said, "i was told you were able to shot 2 here she said" When I said no, with some detail, she then said "But you can go to CB and shoot 3 right".

Miss info is out there all over the place. Just last week someone posted here on this site that they thought General Deer Season ended Monday past (Dec 3) rather then then Saturday past (Dec 1)

It is not only the Non Hunting Community that is misinformed.

PS, She is very supportive of Hunting also.
Hey now, in my defence I was not originally going to still be in province after Nov 21 so I had not commited the closing day to memory

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Hey now, in my defence I was not originally going to still be in province after Nov 21 so I had not commited the closing day to memory
LOL, good one. If that was you Jamie, and I think it was, I meant it in the nicest way possibile, notice my last statement in the Post. I do enjoy talking with you, you seem really interested in the outdoors, Great to see. I will be getting gas tomorrow, we can confirm them.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm not the gas person, I'm the one who questioned if season ran until Monday
Sorry Jamie, her name is Jamie too.
No dis at you , just posting what has been said. Should you stay here, always remember our season runs from the last Friday in Oct, till first Saturday in Dec, dates do not matter. (unless DNR changes things up)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts