Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hunted the bow season, and it looks like this year is going to be a tough one.

They sprayed the neighboring property with 'Vision' or 'Vision Max' in late August...and it's like the deer have all up and moved out.
By this time last year, I think it was 10 or 11 different bucks I had on my cameras...this year, not one. Up until they sprayed, we have pics of 8 different deer at one time!
Now, there are 3 does...two 1 1/2 year olds together, and a mature doe all on her own...and that's it !! I've seen all 3 deer, and have a few pics of them.

What is everyone else's experience with spraying?
Do the deer typically move out?...Do they come back?...and after how long?

It's pretty discouraging right now. It means I'll have to scout out new territory, which isn't necessarily a bad thing
. It's always fun to expand one's horizons !

·
Registered
413 Posts
i used to hunt a power line that was sprayed just a cpl years ago an the deer come back its been a very productive spot for me an deer dont seem to mind not having the hardwood suckers... some of the hard woods will regrow suckers an everthing will be back to normal.. just suckks or this season...

·
Registered
457 Posts
The reason for the spray is to knock back the harwood competition for a few years and give the softwood trees a chance to stretch out. A couple of years from now there will be lots of available browse species again.

·
Registered
632 Posts
They sprayed one of my spots last year and there were very few deer around last fall. Not sure what to expect this year. We'll see shortly!

·
Registered
91 Posts
We had an area where we hunt that was sprayed with Vision 10 years ago.It has only been this last 2 seasons that the deer have started retuning with any regularity.Whether this is from the spraying or some other reason i cant say for sure.One thing it didnt hurt is the coyote population which has multiplied 10fold in recent years and they use this area alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts