Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
ALW- your post is a bit confusing. You start out by saying we don’t research anything and just post opinionated bs. Then in the next paragraph say how people treat their lawns with Round Up. Try spraying round up on your lawn, bye bye grass. Glyphosate is a vegetation killer it kills everything EXCEPT plants that have been genetically modified to be resistant to it. The weed man and other such companies DO NOT spray with glyphosate or any other real herbicide. Their “ spray” is pretty much just high iron based water and only kills broadleaf weeds, pretty useless against clover or creeping Charlie.
A few years ago another product was introduced for lawns “ round up for lawns” however it DOES NOT contain any glyphosate, the ingredients are MCPA but like glyphosate I wouldn’t drink it, same as the CEO from Monsanto wouldn’t drink diluted glyphosate when asked to in a court room.
My family only eats organic and then we research the farm where it was grown or raised. We grow a lot of our own and most meat is harvested via hunting and fishing. Now not 100% perfect but far better then what’s not organic etc.
Yes poison if you overdo it but not always, one gram of fentenal can be deadly as with numerous other things.
Please don’t assure people that all “ Wild game” is safe for consumption because in many cases it’s not.
Was covid really a hoax ????
Our current provincial gov my call themselves conservatives but unfortunately the premier is as liberal as they come!
Not sure why you follow this site if it upsets you so much!
But hey carry on

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
ALW- your post is a bit confusing. You start out by saying we don’t research anything and just post opinionated bs. Then in the next paragraph say how people treat their lawns with Round Up. Try spraying round up on your lawn, bye bye grass. Glyphosate is a vegetation killer it kills everything EXCEPT plants that have been genetically modified to be resistant to it. The weed man and other such companies DO NOT spray with glyphosate or any other real herbicide. Their “ spray” is pretty much just high iron based water and only kills broadleaf weeds, pretty useless against clover or creeping Charlie.
A few years ago another product was introduced for lawns “ round up for lawns” however it DOES NOT contain any glyphosate, the ingredients are MCPA but like glyphosate I wouldn’t drink it, same as the CEO from Monsanto wouldn’t drink diluted glyphosate when asked to in a court room.
My family only eats organic and then we research the farm where it was grown or raised. We grow a lot of our own and most meat is harvested via hunting and fishing. Now not 100% perfect but far better then what’s not organic etc.
Yes poison if you overdo it but not always, one gram of fentenal can be deadly as with numerous other things.
Please don’t assure people that all “ Wild game” is safe for consumption because in many cases it’s not.
Was covid really a hoax ????
Our current provincial gov my call themselves conservatives but unfortunately the premier is as liberal as they come!
Not sure why you follow this site if it upsets you so much!
But hey carry on
Nailed it
Take care

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you are asking the wrong people for a true answer to your question. Hunters are a very opinionated group on this yet have no problem buying and eating produce from grocery stores nor should they but really not much different IMHO if not buying 100% organic labeled products

From talking to farmers all herbicides break down over a short period of time. All products whether they are herbicides, insecticides or fungicides have a re-entry time frame when it is safe for humans to enter an area that has been sprayed and eat say produce from that area. Most average 3 or 4 days for entry but I have seen some 6 months for eating for example what some use on fruit trees . That stuff says 1 year in soil it is effective for the tree to draw it up and kill insects for up to 1 year

If concerned I would hunt other areas but we are all eating a hell of a lot of stuff now way worse IMHO but I have no clue either what they are spraying now
Those would be the people I would be contacting first to get some info on the product being used and then do your own research since 100% they will say it is fine and it may need a certain time frame to be fine

I think gary knows a lot about this maybe he will chime in
All the best.

Not sure we eat a lot worse than roundup.

·
Registered
17,372 Posts
Not sure we eat a lot worse than roundup.
The old round up was bad stuff what you buy today is weak garbage. Old stuff one table spoon per gallon and kill everything for months new stuff ( which I just used last week first time since I ran out of the old stuff finally ) LIKE 8 OUNCES ?? per gallon and this week all weeds are back
I will never buy it again. It would scare the crap out of you what some farmers are still allowed to spray some so bad I need a special course now to even buy it and won't do that
Stuff that you can spray a tree once every 12 months and it will kill every bug that bites it's fruit not what I want to be eating

21 - 24 of 24 Posts