Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the status of spring hunt for bear? We have been told for years it is coming! Long overdue and something needs to be done to move this issue forward.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
You'll get a spring tag for rhinoceros first.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
What is the status of spring hunt for bear? We have been told for years it is coming! Long overdue and something needs to be done to move this issue forward.
Yes honestly it is Nova Scotia someone has to be eaten by a bear first and then it will happen. So far no one has stepped up here to take that one for the boys
sad.png

Cheers

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
When the Doh Doh Bird returns from extinction , Welcome to the Have Not Province ! My next Hunt for Spring bear will be New Brunswick when the borders (b.s) settles , I'll pay the Non Resident tag and wont waste time waiting on this province to get off its Ar$e

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hants west wildlife association has a meeting with chuck porter and this is to be brought up along with a few other things

·
Registered
16 Posts
Politics. I don't care who you voted for in the past or future from my experience NONE of them want to step outside of their protected box especially after our most recent shuffle with a new premier and various ministers most of whom don't know if they are punched or bored. I've dealt with the Conservative, Liberal and New Democratic parties their self interests win out over our wants. It shouldn't be so hard to look over the fence to other provinces and adopt their programs it would save tax money on studies and surveys not to mention time. But then again maybe I'm wrong maybe now is the time to press for a decision that way the next government will have to deal with the fall out if there is a change in party. Politics.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Politics. I don't care who you voted for in the past or future from my experience NONE of them want to step outside of their protected box especially after our most recent shuffle with a new premier and various ministers most of whom don't know if they are punched or bored. I've dealt with the Conservative, Liberal and New Democratic parties their self interests win out over our wants. It shouldn't be so hard to look over the fence to other provinces and adopt their programs it would save tax money on studies and surveys not to mention time. But then again maybe I'm wrong maybe now is the time to press for a decision that way the next government will have to deal with the fall out if there is a change in party. Politics.
I agree with you 100%. Promise the world until they are elected then NOTHING and no you are not wrong just HONEST

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are then any organizations lobbying the government to make this happen? Who is representing the hunters of this problem, spring bear and Sunday hunting are two issues that I believe are permitted in other provinces and we sit here waiting, who is addressing this with government?

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Are then any organizations lobbying the government to make this happen? Who is representing the hunters of this problem, spring bear and Sunday hunting are two issues that I believe are permitted in other provinces and we sit here waiting, who is addressing this with government?
What makes you think NS Hunters are sitting waiting and doing nothing . These battles have been going on EVERY YEAR for many many years with little to no success

Where have you been?? or you are new to hunting in NS maybe???

https://www.nsfah.ca/news/view.php?id=289

Update

OH look you in 2014 so not sure why you are playing dumb / uninformed now ????.

https://www.novascotiahunting.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15409-spring-bear-hunt/?hl=spring+bear+hunt

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not playing dumb just think we have waited this long with nothing so obviously the approach is not working so time for a change in tactics.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Not playing dumb just think we have waited this long with nothing so obviously the approach is not working so time for a change in tactics.
What do you suggest???

All ears

IMO if the orgs that have tried for so many years cannot make it happen what other option do we have especially the NSFAH pushing it who are up governments ass and they could not even do it

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
The public doesn't view bear hunting as palatable.......especially the way it's done in NS. That right there makes this a hard mountain to climb. There was a recent bear study commissioned to decide if the population could support a spring hunt and that study had a predetermined outcome from the word go imo because the study leader was himself against spring bear hunting. He is not a hunter and he stated his opinion that a spring hunt is cruel. He also decided there was not a large enough population for a spring hunt based on the fact he himself had never seen a bear in the woods of NS. It was a pure waste of habitat stamp money.

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
The public doesn't view bear hunting as palatable.......especially the way it's done in NS. That right there makes this a hard mountain to climb. There was a recent bear study commissioned to decide if the population could support a spring hunt and that study had a predetermined outcome from the word go imo because the study leader was himself against spring bear hunting. He is not a hunter and he stated his opinion that a spring hunt is cruel. He also decided there was not a large enough population for a spring hunt based on the fact he himself had never seen a bear in the woods of NS. It was a pure waste of habitat stamp money.
We need one to eat a jogger. Humm you jog
laugh.png
laugh.png
and tonight with a pizza to boot
laugh.png
laugh.png

6KIek5g.jpg

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
The public doesnt view hunting in general as a needed , but yet look at the Coyote situation with breading season , more reports than this time last yr .

Ive had so many calls to go out to trap them due to so close to homes and people scared of attacks, i cant keep up , but yet you go out to do so and its cruel what is being done control them , well cant have it both ways !

Just need several bears to show up on peoples door steps , yards , or subdivisions and bango theres the cry for control , but yet go carry it out and its cruel , ffs you cant win .

I know for fact how many are caught and released in the Baddeck area every yr , and where thry get released . But yet no one hears that stuff , can not have public panic , gezzzz might just help for the spring bear hunt .

·
Registered
13,324 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What do you suggest???

All ears

IMO if the orgs that have tried for so many years cannot make it happen what other option do we have especially the NSFAH pushing it who are up governments ass and they could not even do it

kinda why I asked the question looking to see what and who is doing what, if the rest of the country have these rights why are our rights not as important?

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
What do you suggest???

All ears

kinda why I asked the question looking to see what and who is doing what, if the rest of the country have these rights why are our rights not as important?
RIGHTS ?? Ahh we have NO rights with respect to any form of hunting unless you are first nation and we have done more than provinces that have a spring hunt to try to get this in place just that we have NO support in Nova Scotia for it so it is like it is and going no where anytime soon

I joke but seriously someone has to get mauled or killed to make it happen IMO in NS at this stage

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RIGHTS ?? Ahh we have NO rights with respect to any form of hunting unless you are first nation and we have done more than provinces that have a spring hunt to try to get this in place just that we have NO support in Nova Scotia for it so it is like it is and going no where anytime soon

I joke but seriously someone has to get mauled or killed to make it happen IMO in NS at this stage

Cheers
I am not disagreeing with you, just wanted to see where the issue is today and generate a conversation on how we get this changed. Is this something that can be looked at from discrimination angle?

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
I am not disagreeing with you, just wanted to see where the issue is today and generate a conversation on how we get this changed. Is this something that can be looked at from discrimination angle?
My friend I have honestly no clue what else we can do or the orgs can do and IMO cannot see how it is any form of discrimination. This topic of a spring bear hunt has been talked to death for many years in Nova Scotia and I am sure every approach has been tried

For me this and turkeys is a no brainer but not in this province
sad.png

Cheers

Feel some of the love and bear support here :( and then tell me why there is no spring hunt

http://nsforestnotes.ca/2019/07/05/sue-skipton-on-the-bears-of-west-dalhousie-nova-scotia/

1 - 20 of 49 Posts