Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I saw an ad for a nb spring bear hunt 70% off or $900cdn. Maybe add travel, lodging and food to get to $1500ish. Now if i only had a stash of cash lol

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
I am not a lover of bear hunting or the meat and yes tried both , meat just once from a NS bear

If I was forking out some cash to NB I would love to go spring turkey hunting again

Not sure if they have a non resident tag however at this stage for turkey since 2021 will be the first resident hunt

Cheers

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
not a lot of political will, here in NS, for changing what exists in the " fish/game" department - last Spring the govt didnt even want to open fishing season due to Covid. Right there shows the huge disconnect - even after the efforts, over the years, to bring forward the importance/value of fishing.

it's a shame really & discouraging, especially for those that have put tremendous effort into trying to implement change. NS really misses fantastic opportunity.

Check out this link - shows some efforts are working. Also, shows when Wildlife Conflict Stamps are available;

https://nsfa-fane.ca/wildlife-damage/

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
Some good News today Walter. Bubble opening April 19?? so NB spring bear hunt for non residents will be a go

Good luck up there

Cheers
I was wrong here also after talking to a NB old car bud yesterday and hunting came up.

I forgot if you don't go through a registered outfitter in NB that has non resident licences available you have to enter a random draw ( or did when we went ) which normally closes the end of february

Worth rechecking since I am going back years here

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
My tag is bought and paid for , young fella who graduated from MFCT with my son , his dad is registered outfitter , lodging is no issue , non resident draw is called off this yr , tags are first come first serve . My travel dates are booked and I'll pick up where we left off last yr on our scouting and camp set up , just matter of re-baiting and sit back and relax, nice when friends reach out to help each other , did alot of work last yr for 3 weeks helping build the 2 new camps and get that parcel land prepped as well as scouting .

https://www.poga-nb.ca/industry-updates.html#:~:text=Non-resident%20hunting%20in%20New%20Brunswick%20is%20subject%20to,in%20order%20to%20purchase%20your%20Non-Resident%20Bear%20Licence.

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
My tag is bought and paid for , young fella who graduated from MFCT with my son , his dad is registered outfitter , lodging is no issue , non resident draw is called off this yr , tags are first come first serve . My travel dates are booked and I'll pick up where we left off last yr on our scouting and camp set up , just matter of re-baiting and sit back and relax, nice when friends reach out to help each other , did alot of work last yr for 3 weeks helping build the 2 new camps and get that parcel land prepped as well as scouting .

https://www.poga-nb.ca/industry-updates.html#:~:text=Non-resident%20hunting%20in%20New%20Brunswick%20is%20subject%20to,in%20order%20to%20purchase%20your%20Non-Resident%20Bear%20Licence.
Glad to hear. Hope you get a large one

Cheers

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
They just announced the NS/NB border is opening this Saturday morning.
MY bud in NB was just saying not like we think. he can come here and not self isolate but if I go there I have to for 14 days

Is that true??

I'll be dammed he is right
sad.png
WTF is the good of that

Just like residents of Prince Edward Island, Rankin said at a COVID-19 briefing Friday that residents of New Brunswick will no longer have to self-isolate upon arrival in Nova Scotia, however Nova Scotians will still have to quarantine 14days going into New Brunswick.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts