Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear a rumor that the staghorn range in Thorburn is closed down, was in Canadian tire today and the guy at the sports desk said they were closed down and that they were selling range passes for the DNR range in Thorburn but they were out at the moment, told me to go to Abercrombie variety they sell them, went there and they told me that was the first that they had heard of it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don’t know about the Staghorn range, but “selling passes for the DNR range” sounds all sorts of wrong.

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
The old Staghorn range in Coalburn is closed, it was on private land and the people that owned the land did not want it there anymore.
You can get a membership for Staghorn for the Dnr range which will give you more time at the range? I think and I believe they have fixed up the range as well.
Abercrombie Variety did sell the Staghorn memberships because I have bought them there before.
The main guy at the gun counter at Cdn Tire is involved in the Staghorn club if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kenny Deyoung is the guy to talk to about the current membership for the staghorn range. They are co sharing the range at the DNR public range. Kenny is the sport manager at CT in New Glasgow. Grey was right on the old spot on Reeves Rd in Thourburn. The land owner didn't want them there anymore so they had a contractor clear cut right up to the edge of the shooting lanes. The CFO came in shut the place down because there was no buffer.

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
William have you been to the Dnr range since Staghorn stared to share?
If so what is it like these days? easy to get a time?

·
Registered
292 Posts
No I haven't Grey been using the West Pictou Wildlife Range. Been a bit since I was talking to Kenny Deyound to see how they are making out.

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
No me neither, I use West Pictou as well, always liked it better, and it's closer to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts