Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Mount Pleasant home broke into and robbed on February 13, 2013 in broad daylight between the hours of 8:10am and 3:10pm. A black cavalier/sunfire was seen in the area "hanging about" at the end of the road. The items taken were: 270 winchester bolt action with a red dot scope (this was my dads gun, who has passed away), J. Stevens 22 (also my dads gun), ace 22, 410 pump action , 410 single shot, 303 bolt action with a bushnell scope. The binoculors that were taken were bushnells and one had the digital camera built in. Fishing rods and reels were also taken along with a hand made knife, made by my dad out of a deer antler. The knife also had a brown case specifically made for the knife. If anyone has any info on where these items are could you please contact me, the authorities or crimestoppers. There is alot of sentimental value associated with these items and I would love to get them back undamaged.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Sorry to hear but I'm sure all members here will be keeping eyes and ears open for you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That realy sucks. I hope they catch the bastards. Its bad enough to lose the guns and other items, but the sentimental loss is the hardest. Hope you get your things back.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
it was someone you know.someone who has been in your house.they know/knew what you had and where to find it and when you would be away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can you post a picture of the knife? It sounds unique and would likely stand out in the mind if seen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
What kind of reason do the rcmp need to enter or search a persons home?
I guess stolen property is'nt a good enough reason.
grow op? even better illegal smokes....

I think those people just got mighty suspicious & i REALLY should call & report them before they get rid of the evidence.

just sayin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The police "suspect" but they have no "hard" evidence so they can't enter or search any property without justification. They would need a concrete tip to enter for drugs or smokes. All I care about is my getting my Dads stuff back...it's all I have left. If you know who it is and don't want to report them could you convince them to return the items???? I would gladly give anyone a reward for the return of these items

·
Registered
144 Posts
not sure there are two Mt Pleasants in the area but if it is in Cumberland County and outisde of Amherst it sounds like the people on the move who broke into at least three houses at Christman time stealing tv etc., I believe the RCMP were advised of a small car who might be involved, will keep and ear out for any info, no doubt they will try to sell the items and hopefully someone will report the them...hope u get ur items back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
None yet.......stilling holding on to the slightest chance they will be returned...or found

1 - 14 of 14 Posts