Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
18,481 Posts
Unless he made a wording error in his response, I think he was calling you stupid actually. :)

You didn't rub in anything - you just gloated which is why people are scared to be wrong and learn anything on here. :) I'm OK with that - I like learning new things.

My experience is with the RCMP and I seem to have wrongly assumed other police forces worked in a similar way.

Rob
Not even close. We seen that when they sadly eliminated them here :(

· Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Unless he made a wording error in his response, I think he was calling you stupid actually. :)

You didn't rub in anything - you just gloated which is why people are scared to be wrong and learn anything on here. :) I'm OK with that - I like learning new things.

My experience is with the RCMP and I seem to have wrongly assumed other police forces worked in a similar way.

Rob
Talked with a former RCMP at hockey yesterday and he said their weapons were all turned in at retirement and never put up for sale. He joined in the early 70's. Although there's probably a RCMP revolver floating around for sale (ammo included) from being stolen in Halifax.

...... and I agree I didn't see the wording of the Ghost dude to be calling you stupid

· Registered
648 Posts
The comment made about CGN never selling old police revolvers is inaccurate. I have often seen police marked revolvers for sale there. Seems to me that they were mostly snub nosed revolvers from city police departments. I don't recall any rcmp guns though.

And these guns were from awhile back too, nothing recent.
does CGN delete the old posts? should be easy to find proof. if you can't do it yourself, ask someone on that site to find some links regarding the guns we're discussing and post them here.

did a couple slip through the cracks? maybe... but you're defending this statement:

`The old service revolvers were offered for sale to the public same as when HPD went to 9mm the 38s were offered for public sale $100.

The funny part was very few people knew as it wasn't really "advertised ".`

· Registered
648 Posts
Try to not be so hard on people.
Besides I rubbed it in enough as it is.
Joyriders way of thinking actually makes sense in today's world where firearms are so evil in the minds of so many people.
you did rub it in... but why? you made a statement without evidence, had multiple people strongly disagree, but had ONE dude agree... he provided ZERO evidence... and you danced around like the matter was settled and you're the winner, winner chicken dinner.

you're right though, his way of thinking makes a ton of sense.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
you did rub it in... but why? you made a statement without evidence, had multiple people strongly disagree, but had ONE dude agree... he provided ZERO evidence... and you danced around like the matter was settled and you're the winner, winner chicken dinner.

you're right though, his way of thinking makes a ton of sense.
I actually have lots of proof as I've purchased numerous surplus firearms and know other people who have.
Three others on this site also posted they purchased/own or know someone who purchased/owns ex police sidearms.

Not sure but maybe those who say it ain't so, also believe the military never sold surplus firearms to the public.

· Registered
648 Posts
I actually have lots of proof as I've purchased numerous surplus firearms and know other people who have.
Three others on this site also posted they purchased/own or know someone who purchased/owns ex police sidearms.

Not sure but maybe those who say it ain't so, also believe the military never sold surplus firearms to the public.
and more than 3 said it's something that's against policy. sooooo.... who should a dummy like myself believe?

we're not talking about the military. let's keep the goalposts planted where they are.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
and more than 3 said it's something that's against policy. sooooo.... who should a dummy like myself believe?

we're not talking about the military. let's keep the goalposts planted where they are.
Flip a coin

· Registered
211 Posts
S&W Model 10 Police Marked

Hello all

S&W Model 10 in 38 Special, early production in 1962, 4 screw frame, diamond grips. Bottom of grip frame marked S.P.M. (Service de Police de Montreal / Montreal Police Department) Good ++ condition with a vg bore. Offered at $200.00

gOwhlHJ.jpg

6DG9NwF.jpg

kI6l6G2.jpg

Shipping extra
This is for sale on the CGN site now.

· Registered
648 Posts
S&W Model 10 Police Marked

This is for sale on the CGN site now.Hello all

S&W Model 10 in 38 Special, early production in 1962, 4 screw frame, diamond grips. Bottom of grip frame marked S.P.M. (Service de Police de Montreal / Montreal Police Department) Good ++ condition with a vg bore. Offered at $200.00

gOwhlHJ.jpg

6DG9NwF.jpg

kI6l6G2.jpg

Shipping extra
did a couple slip through the cracks? maybe... but you're defending this statement:

`The old service revolvers were offered for sale to the public same as when HPD went to 9mm the 38s were offered for public sale $100.

The funny part was very few people knew as it wasn't really "advertised ".`
you found ONE.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.