Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
As for Mickey D 's did not even notice you , more into a covo with my son, When I'm i town I'm only focused at task at hand , and not who is around me .
No big deal there was seven in there at the time ( counting all of us ) and I was the only ugly 350 pounder.:) you walked by that said good morning
I am nosy and check the place out :) every where I go
Your son responded but yes you were yacking and so was I to buddy at the other table
They do a nice breakfast and my mrs favorite spot for such
maybe next time we can chat over coffee
take care

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Here I supply apples and veggies to four stands for two friends, one stand has two does and the other three not a deer to be seen
Strange yes but also don't remember a November as warm as this in a long time
Apples trees are full in my yard ( which is real late ) and normally deer would be here every day seen them just twice in like 3 weeks and two does last night about 3.00 on the front drive
Still dam flys out there in the days
Hope it changes for all soon so you guys can tag out
My bud just cut 13 moose and less than 10 deer so far so not a banner year in the cape
Cheers

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
No big deal there was seven in there at the time ( counting all of us ) and I was the only ugly 350 pounder.:) you walked by that said good morning
I am nosy and check the place out :) every where I go
Your son responded but yes you were yacking and so was I to buddy at the other table
They do a nice breakfast and my mrs favorite spot for such
maybe next time we can chat over coffee
take care
Nope , not me inside , Only thru the drive thru for us and we went thru at 4:30 am , thought you meant in the drive thru area or you sitting in parking lot , but I swear Not me inside .
As,I stated in my thread my day starts very early when trapping , still had a hour and1/2 drive b4 we even got to the first trail head on my first sets . So Ive gotta get out the door early as possible , drive thru is fastest and only option that time in the morning .

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Nope , not me inside , Only thru the drive thru for us and we went thru at 4:30 am , thought you meant in the drive thru area or you sitting in parking lot , but I swear Not me inside .
As,I stated in my thread my day starts very early when trapping , still had a hour and1/2 drive b4 we even got to the first trail head on my first sets . So Ive gotta get out the door early as possible , drive thru is fastest and only option that time in the morning .
Makes sense since hard to miss me :D
Oh well I said good morning to an old fart with a beard and a young guy both in camo and rubber boots :p and wearing masks so faces were not seen 100%
Just came in and the old coyotes making quite a song tonight. Must have taken a deer by the sounds of it :(
We need more trappers like you. Keep up the good work and sharing your catches
take care

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
All we can hope is that mother nature did it and not a hunter
Cheers
Yes it could be a car. I wondered this week when I only seen the one doe and fawn, there had been two does each with a fawn. I often thought of building a structure full of hay down in the woods that animals could take refuge in in bad weather but then of course so could coyotes. Its the sad part of hunting. Noticed the other day small bear prints on my blind wall, real tiny ones. I have a section at the top of the door thats a tarp, so small creatures could get in. Had a squirrel family use it one winter, they were not the best tenents they ate the center out of each chair cushion.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Yes it could be a car. I wondered this week when I only seen the one doe and fawn, there had been two does each with a fawn. I often thought of building a structure full of hay down in the woods that animals could take refuge in in bad weather but then of course so could coyotes. Its the sad part of hunting. Noticed the other day small bear prints on my blind wall, real tiny ones. I have a section at the top of the door thats a tarp, so small creatures could get in. Had a squirrel family use it one winter, they were not the best tenents they ate the center out of each chair cushion.
Yes sir it cuts at ones heart for sure. Most will say trying to help only makes it worse
Me I don't know. Squirrels here with the greenhouses drive me crazy using them for the winter and making nests even in the furnaces and even cause a fire one year
At one time I used rats traps now I use live traps and drop them off at my brothers driveway LOL
take care

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes sir it cuts at ones heart for sure. Most will say trying to help only makes it worse
Me I don't know. Squirrels here with the greenhouses drive me crazy using them for the winter and making nests even in the furnaces and even cause a fire one year
At one time I used rats traps now I use live traps and drop them off at my brothers driveway LOL
take care
Hopefully not a hunter, anyone who takes animals with young should be ashamed of themselves, it is so very wrong. But, we also know nature can be cruel, in fact brutal. It is hard to see animals suffer, knowing that they will likely perish. And, Joe, what you mean is as you get older you become softer and value life more, hence why it is easier to let things loose elsewhere rather than terminate them. I find it harder every year to process our chickens, in fact it plays on my mind days prior. It happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Hopefully not a hunter, anyone who takes animals with young should be ashamed of themselves, it is so very wrong. But, we also know nature can be cruel, in fact brutal. It is hard to see animals suffer, knowing that they will likely perish. And, Joe, what you mean is as you get older you become softer and value life more, hence why it is easier to let things loose elsewhere rather than terminate them. I find it harder every year to process our chickens, in fact it plays on my mind days prior. It happens to the best of us.
Agree 100%
Yes I had chickens here golden comets and some meat hens plus quail and pheasants for about 10 years ( quail and pheasants were for training my britts at the time )
When I started naming the chickens I knew it was time to do other things
I miss the quail big time. That sound a bob white makes in the spring is priceless
Take care

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So the little bear is still there but every so often a 300 lb one comes in and scares him off. The bigger bear looks like a female, runs in gathers up some carrots, leaves for 5 minutes then comes back. Its like she is taking them some wheres, suppose to cubs in a near by den? Only when it warms up like yesterday he/she shows up and heads into the woods the same place each time trying to carry more than one carrot. Usually any bear I have had comes to the bait pile to eat, and eat lots, laying there till full.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts