Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
GREYBEARD
3,189 Posts
Very nicely done on the fly tying Rob.
Something I always thought of trying, but already too many hobbies and not enough time!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It’s rather time consuming and expensive but I’ve built up quite an inventory of materials over 4 decades of tying. It’s a fun hobby and very rewarding when you flick one out there and fool a trout!

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Looks damn good take- em likely catch a few with those, give me a call when your heading to your secret fishing spot and I’ll help you try them out!
Likely be July before the ice is gone this year

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Been waiting for this cause I knew you'd be after some pics of this crazy looking bird.
Ive seen a lot of pics of this guy - these ones are a step above those others. Youve got a real good eye, Rob.
Congrats on some outstanding shots!

·
Administrator
10,845 Posts
Is FLABBERGASTED still used by the new generation??...dont matter...cuz that's what I am !!!
How the duck species evolved with plumage so spectacular in many cases is something to behold !!!!
WELL DONE MR. DEBAYYYY.....well done !!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! These guys are closely related to our wood ducks. They are the only other member of the genus Aix that I’m aware of. You can see some of the similarities in the plumage of the drakes. The females are almost identical.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Amazing news today!! Just received word that my submission for the Outdoor Canada magazine photo contest took FIRST place in the hunting category!!
I took this last October after a successful wood duck hunt in one of my favourite spots. All of the ingredients were there for a beautiful shot of my faithful hunting partner Tori. I had perfect light, vibrant fall colours, a blue sky, a mature drake wood duck and a proud dog - just look at those eyes! I’m posting this from my phone so I hope it displays in full resolution. Tori will be published in the July/August issue of Outdoor Canada!
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

·
Registered
452 Posts
That's an extremely good picture! Someone once said "I don't know how to describe quality, but I know it when I see it!" You take some damm high quality pictures!

Not to mention it looks like that must have been one of those almost perfect days you will remember for many years!

Congratulations on the magazine!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts