Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for superslickie!

I took this with my new Canon R7 mirrorless in poor light after sunset. I was pushing the ISO at 6400 but ended up getting the shot with some decent clarity and detail. Loving the new camera body! Excuse the blurred alders in the foreground - some things can't be avoided lol!

Hungry Bunny by Rob DeBay, on Flickr

· Registered
18,483 Posts

I took this with my new Canon R7 mirrorless in poor light after sunset. I was pushing the ISO at 6400 but ended up getting the shot with some decent clarity and detail. Loving the new camera body! Excuse the blurred alders in the foreground - some things can't be avoided lol!

Taking a huge risk posting that here then again pretty safe if tim after it:p

· Registered
310 Posts

Was your avi a pic taken by you? Love wood ducks. Have some around here every spring. Last spring had them trying to take over a pilated woodpecker home in a pine tree lol. They make the strangest wheezing sounds

· Registered
4,040 Posts
Very nice capture indeed , I'm not much into picture taking except on my phone or on my Barrel Camera , Go pro or by trail cams . Not into the tech side of it , your photos are superb and a absolute joy to view . Great work once again

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know nothing of cameras, Rob. I am very curious to know how far away the shots are when you take them? There is so much detail in them!
Every shoot is different of course but generally I’m within 30 yards of my subjects. I’ll start snapping away at greater distances (generally not happy with the images) and slowly close the gap with careful stalking. Ideally, my subject will fill the frame but that doesn’t happen most of the time.

· Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was your avi a pic taken by you? Love wood ducks. Have some around here every spring. Last spring had them trying to take over a pilated woodpecker home in a pine tree lol. They make the strangest wheezing sounds
Yes, that was one of my best wood duck shots! They’re very interesting ducks and my favourite to photograph.

· Registered
524 Posts
Every shoot is different of course but generally I’m within 30 yards of my subjects. I’ll start snapping away at greater distances (generally not happy with the images) and slowly close the gap with careful stalking. Ideally, my subject will fill the frame but that doesn’t happen most of the time.
Wow, no wonder you need good quality equipment!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts