Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever had any taxidermy birds done before. I shot a drake black duck/mallard with a tripple curl on his tail I’m thinking about getting done

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Duncan Crawford or Danny Clark both in PEI.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Duncan Crawford or Danny Clark both in PEI.
Thanks! Kind of the answer I was looking for. Heard of Duncan Crawford before, but couldn’t remember the name. Just knew it was some fella in PEI who did excellent work on waterfowl

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I had some done years ago by Mike Marchback in PEI and they were some of the best I have ever seen or had done
He is also one of the best goose callers I have ever had the privilege of sharing a blind with over the years
Cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure where you live … but Bruce from Valley Taxidermy does excellent work.
Know Bruce very well, he’s done 5 deer shoulder mounts for me, and is currently doing my moose euro mount. He does excellent work on big game, I know his turn around time can be quite long for birds

·
Administrator
10,478 Posts
Saw a pick of 4 curl with some bling a couple days ago...pretty cool !

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Know Bruce very well, he’s done 5 deer shoulder mounts for me, and is currently doing my moose euro mount. He does excellent work on big game, I know his turn around time can be quite long for birds
Bruce is great and his work is top notch and highly recommended, his turn around time seems to be getting worse every year, he takes a lot on, he has stuff coming from all over Canada, I believe he also took everything from a shop that closed in NB, then again I have never experienced quick taxidermy work.

·
Administrator
10,478 Posts
Good taxidermy ain't quick...quick taxidermy ain't good !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts