Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 796 Posts
Welcome to 2023:D
Ha ha!
I appreciate digital files and how computers make many things far easier. But, having worked in an office most of my working life I also appreciate hard copy files. They never run out of battery, still work during a power outage and can keep all info on a particular topic in one convenient folder.

Computers are quick and convenient but when your file flies off into cyberspace and is no where to be found before you had a chance to back it up on a thumb drive etc., well the air can get a bit blue……
Oh that's for sure!! I'll bet we've all had that happen.
And often, even with a well organized and backed up file structure, one person files a certain file type in one folder for project A and another person files the exact same file type in a totally different folder for project B. I've personally turned the air blue many times over that one!

Went online today to order another one of these traps and it seems they are now discontinued.It showed 2 in amherst and i jumped on it.$34 on clearance plus tax and $15 shipping = $57 shipped to my doorstep.Ordered at 10am this morning and says it arrived at 2pm this afternoon.Find that hard to believe but will check when i get back

Discussion starter · #72 ·
Just reported that 52 records have been broken in the last week in canada Wish the god this global warming would hit the cape :( even a day of 20 would be great and nothing like that shown in the next 2 weeks :( Like 15 and under :(

We have had a nice stretch of weather. Quite a thunderstorm the other day, that didn’t drop enough water to even moisten the ground. Hovering around 20-22 for daytime highs. Yesterday was a bit cooler at 16. We need rain !! Same thing happened the last few years. Very dry spring, then the skies opened up. they just got one wildfire put out the other day in Digby county (250 +/- acres) and now there is another one in Shelburne Co. Still out of control. Wood fires galore. Everyday, there are numerous. I‘ve said it before and I’ll say it again …. There is a lot of phosphorus in our forests, and it’s very flammable. We never had fires like these, even 10 years ago. Now they are an everyday occurrence. Where is it coming from ???? Why is it so prominent now ???

Discussion starter · #74 · (Edited)
We have had a nice stretch of weather. Quite a thunderstorm the other day, that didn’t drop enough water to even moisten the ground. Hovering around 20-22 for daytime highs. Yesterday was a bit cooler at 16. We need rain !! Same thing happened the last few years. Very dry spring, then the skies opened up. they just got one wildfire put out the other day in Digby county (250 +/- acres) and now there is another one in Shelburne Co. Still out of control. Wood fires galore. Everyday, there are numerous. I‘ve said it before and I’ll say it again …. There is a lot of phosphorus in our forests, and it’s very flammable. We never had fires like these, even 10 years ago. Now they are an everyday occurrence. Where is it coming from ???? Why is it so prominent now ???
I would kill for a run of 16
Ground is very dry here also but by far the worst spring I have seen for lack of heat/ nice days in at least the last 11 years from when we started growing flowers and watching very closely with records kept Only thing saving us is many days the sun is out so the furnaces don't come on other than that the oil usage would be unreal A week ago was our anniversary it was 4 degrees :( and 37 years ago on that day it was 24 :)
Hope everyone is OK with the fires going on that is scary stuff Phosphorus is normally low in forests Interesting Cheers

Phosphorus in our forests? where is that coming from?

Discussion starter · #76 · (Edited)
Got me on that one Know what causes high levels in our waterways but forests are usually low in it unless there was a burn I can guess since wood ash is added to my garden and brings it up big time
This guys says the same
Maybe the areas have had a burn in the past The just said on the morning news over 90 wildfires in alberta and over 50 in BC now burning not good and people are losing homes again Real sad

I throw wood ash from our wood stove on the grass in the winter time as a weak fertilizer but mostly to get rid of it.

Reactions: 3macs1
61 - 80 of 796 Posts