Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
81 - 100 of 796 Posts
Discussion starter · #85 ·
Is this new or just new to me First time I ever got an e=mail from the rcmp for a new pal application and be a reference for them
Action Required (Reference) / Mesures requises (répondant) · Firearms licence application / Demande de permis d’armes à feu
RCMP Canadian Firearms Program
Have to log into my government account to complete it also
Interesting to see what it looks like

I seem to recall getting an email reminder last time but I might be wrong as I cannot find an email from them other than the ones acknowledging my online payment and that I had filled out the renewal information online.

Discussion starter · #89 · (Edited)
My last renewal , I had to log in and confirm certain Data entered
Yes I have heard of that also for ones own application but I have never been asked by e-mail to go in and make a reference for another person which is what this is in my rcmp or government account section nor was I asked to be a reference before getting this I have to talk to this person prior to seeing what is required of me online and signing in

RCMP don't ask anyone to go on line and verify for another person that is done by PHONE CALLS only , I know this for a FACT , they never ask anyone to go online and look after another persons verification . I would report that suspicious activity .

EMAILS looking for anyone to do that are Phising Scams

Discussion starter · #91 · (Edited)
RCMP don't ask anyone to go on line and verify for another person that is done by PHONE CALLS only , I know this for a FACT , they never ask anyone to go online and look after another persons verification . I would report that suspicious activity .

EMAILS looking for anyone to do that are Phising Scams
No ?? Well Walter looks like times have changed I just finished it and no scam What I didnot like is I get the see the entire application for the individual as submitted and the answers to their questions which I do not think it right but it is what it is My part is done and right after I got another one to verify the pic was them and did that also Not sure if the old phone conversations were recored but this way they know exactly anything I have said or didnot say since documented interesting to say the least
Seems now if the applicant applies on line the references are sent e-mail which the applicants has to provide with the application It is out there on the rcmp site I looked before I signed in and completd it So your fact has changed In fact had to call the applicant for thier security code to allow me to proceed past the first page along with a security code the rcmp supplied in an e-mail hads to be entered to let me in No scam dude and the applicant I assume got an e-mail my part was done since they called and thanked me
Cheers

The e-mail
Hello

An application for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) under the Firearms Act was submitted by dddd who has identified you as a reference.

Please review the application and complete the reference acknowledgement. You will be asked to log in with the Reference Number gggg and the security code provided to you by the applicant

This link will expire on 2023-06 ss.

If you have any questions about the process, please call 1-800-731-4000.

Thank you,

Canadian Firearms Program
Firearms | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
and

Hello

An application for a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) under the Firearms Act was submitted by nnnn , who has identified you as a photo guarantor.

Please review the applicant’s photo and complete the photo guarantor acknowledgement. You will be asked to log in with the Reference Number kkkk nd the security code provided to you by the applicant

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Good info to know, so we can all understand how the new system works. Not good that someone else's info is visible, though!
That did shock me then again I have not looked at a new application to see if all of the questions were there or just some but recall one about a criminal record or something like that and my first thought was how in the f'k would I know this kids full history in that area Also best get ready for this to be the norm since kids today getting pals hate paper and love e-mails and doing everything on line Cheers

Discussion starter · #96 ·
Anyone know how to set spell check back up seems to have vanished for me in the last day or so and cannot seen to find how to do it here thanks for the help

Spellcheck is working for me, so it must be just on your end, Joe.
Put out the old Catchall trap a couple of days ago with the door wired open. No bait seemed to be missing but last night I activated the door, just in case. Looked out at 1am and 5 sets of eyes looking back at me. Raccoons, two of which were playing tug of war with the trap, trying to get into it. This morning it is gone. As it is a pretty large trap, I decided against chaining it up as I figured it would give them an easier time dismantling it with it secured to something solid. I will have to go out and comb around the woods and see how far those bandits got with it before giving up.
I did have a chuckle and a headshake, thinking of those masked little buggers carrying that trap away like it was a couch during a midnight move!!:ROFLMAO:

Discussion starter · #99 · (Edited)
One of the guys in the wifes camera circle captured 27 eagles this weekend in port morien all but three were young ones going after the gaspereau

We went over a day later and there was 18 plus 4 osprey dive bombing and taking gaspereau
Yep I have to say it those dam lead bullets are killing the eagles big time here :( NOT

81 - 100 of 796 Posts