Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what was going to be a TBT post on my FB page...turned into a short story.....thought it might fit nicely here. Time heals most wounds...what we cannot heal will kill us....so we must keep on keeping on.....this was quite a few years ago.....I have buried the bad but continue to cherish the good memories...!

http://www.beas-outdoor-adventures.com/outdoor-chronicles/the-last-hunt

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Very nice Bea, thanks for sharing. The woods definitely has a way of letting one escape from their troubles for a while.

Reactions: long-gone

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Great article to share and sorry for the loss of your brother even though as you say it was quite a few years ago.

It's hard for some to understand the lure of the woods, the hunt and being in nature and the relation to loved ones not around. My father went suddenly a number of years ago and way too young (51) but I never forget the opportunities he gave and taught me to hunt and fish.

Time does heal but to reminisce the good memories puts a person in a happy place ............ especially deep in the woods or drifting in a boat.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great article to share and sorry for the loss of your brother even though as you say it was quite a few years ago.

It's hard for some to understand the lure of the woods, the hunt and being in nature and the relation to loved ones not around. My father went suddenly a number of years ago and way too young (51) but I never forget the opportunities he gave and taught me to hunt and fish.

Time does heal but to reminisce the good memories puts a person in a happy place ............ especially deep in the woods or drifting in a boat.
I'll second that !

·
Registered
729 Posts
Nice!

My grandfathers, my father, and my brother are all gone. Hunting mentors and buddies all.

But I can honestly say I still feel them with me in the woods every hunt, and even more so when it is now my son and I together. My successes are their legacy. My memories of time afield in their company are my most treasured trophies.

·
Administrator
9,922 Posts
Nice !!!

When you can get lost in your own mind for a few seconds, and remember an hours worth of memories in that fleeting pause..you do that over and over...sometimes you chuckle to your self, or smile for no apparent reason to anyone else, and people look at you like ???...then my friends....life was worth it !

Drift silently...cast stealthily.... Best of luck Roger !!

Reactions: long-gone

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts