Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
JIC you wanna add anudder one Joe...that way you can get a good solid count on em....LOL

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
JIC you wanna add anudder one Joe...that way you can get a good solid count on em....LOL
Na I have changed in the last 10 years. There was a time I wanted to own one of every 28ga out there and did my best to get there :)
Not any more. Mind you don't want to sell any I have either
No lie I bet off the top of my head 10 or so are NIB and never fired
I would do this crazy thing when one would come out .Buy two one to shoot and one to save :) in many of them
My 16ga collection is up there also as far as numbers go but maybe 2/3 like 20 or so . Love those 16ga wingmasters and 1100's :)
I had the same phase with rifles and had to get one of every caliper or at least tried to
Now left with 3006, 280, 243 and 223 all the rest gone
Take care

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Greybeard, you reload if I remember correctly?if so, get that ..204r and you'll love it. I have one and will be getting another in a lightweight carry friendly package. Incredible accuracy, zero recoil and terminal ballistics. No better reason to buy than those lol.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Greybeard, you reload if I remember correctly?if so, get that ..204r and you'll love it. I have one and will be getting another in a lightweight carry friendly package. Incredible accuracy, zero recoil and terminal ballistics. No better reason to buy than those lol.
I do reload Nomad, I am thinking I will go have another look this week at the gun and gear that comes with it.
Thanks for the reply.

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I went ahead and picked up the 204 Ruger I mentioned, looking forward to reload for it !!
I did notice that Lee does not make a case length gauge for it for trimming cases though?

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
Well I went ahead and picked up the 204 Ruger I mentioned, looking forward to reload for it !!
I did notice that Lee does not make a case length gauge for it for trimming cases though?
Congrats on the new purchase
have fun :)

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
From LEE.....

We do not have a 204 Ruger case length gauge available. The case mouth diameter is too small for our Cutter to trim. Our Cutter can only trim cases that have a minimum case mouth diameter of .220" as our cutter has a .220 diameter hole in the center. This is where the gauge screws into the cutter for mounting. The gauge stops against the blades to set the depth. There is nothing there for a .204 diameter gauge to stop against.
We do have an alternative solution available to trim. The 204 Ruger Quick Trim die available in this cartridge to use in conjunction with our Value Quick Trim Case Trimmer or Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer.

The product number for 204 Ruger Quick Trim die is 90439, and you will also need to purchase the trimmer either the Deluxe Quick Trim Case Trimmer # 90437 or Value Trim # 90386

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks Kevin, I will have to order one from Andrew at Higginsons if he has one.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
anytime bud !!

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Placed an order with Higginson Powder last Wednesday for the Lee 204 Quick Trim die, and some other needed pieces.
Really quick delivery as I received the order yesterday!
Great customer service as usual (y)

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
Always is !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read older posts on this caliber, but wanted to know what anyone thought of 204 Ruger for coyotes nowadays.
I was offered a gun in this caliber with dies, projectiles and cases to reload.
Let me know what you think of this caliber.
I have a CZ 527 204 Ruger and I am loving it. My scope is oversized for this rifle model but i use the spare power to do some scouting and target shooting.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Scouting? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean using the scope and rifle as a binocular substitute?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scouting? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean using the scope and rifle as a binocular substitute?
At the range, the 6-24 power leave's your table free of having a spotting scope beside you to see your progress on target. In the field, the 6-24 power let you make a positive identification of a pray before shooting.
I dont carry anymore binoculars for years and my range supply everything we need, sand bags, bipods, ear muffs.

·
GREYBEARD
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That CZ 527 is a good looking rifle, I always liked the look of them.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
What did you buy GB?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
At the range, the 6-24 power leave's your table free of having a spotting scope beside you to see your progress on target. In the field, the 6-24 power let you make a positive identification of a pray before shooting.
I dont carry anymore binoculars for years and my range supply everything we need, sand bags, bipods, ear muffs.
I think nomad was saying he hopes you Do Not your use scope as binoculars when in the field such as coyote hunting . where you may see something at a range that can not be positively identified with the naked eye .

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I think nomad was saying he hopes you Do Not your use scope as binoculars when in the field such as coyote hunting . where you may see something at a range that can not be positively identified with the naked eye .
Yup. That's exactly where I was going when I asked.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts